The Police Tour '07 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
Well, I barely woke up in time, told mother nature to call back, and just went for the first pair of $95.00 tix that came up, cuz I was panicky

Section 138 Loge, Row F, Seats 1-2

I was afraid to 'search again' to see what would come up, cuz they might have been worse. I didn't want to bother trying for $225 tix that I couldn't afford. And I was able to use what little Amex Rewards Points I had to save about $40. So... Guess I'll be there! :hyper:

And just as I was trying to "check-out", my doctor's office was returning my call. I had to make them hold. Luckily it wasn't the actual doctor!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO! :hyper:

glad you were able to get decent seats... will have to chat with ya later... :sexywink:

Hewson said:
Exactly my point.

In this particular case, a much higher percentage of tix are held for season tix holders than other venues.
That was part of the deal the Sox put in place when concerts at fenway became a reality.
The ownership wanted to play nice with everybody, the city, the neighborhood committe and the fan base.

I fully expect both shows to be sold out, my point is that the excitement Sting2 exhibits and the notion of selling out 3 and 4 Fenway shows are over the top.
2 is about right, and I think the secondary market will cool considerably once the initial hype wears off.

It is common knowledge in the industry, that when a show sells out that fast, there is always demand for at least another show. I could show you a billion examples where that is the case.

Again, where is your evidence that there is not enough demand in Boston for another Police show at Fenway park? What data shows that there is not enough demand in the market? The only data we have this far, is the rapid sellout of two shows and probably the most successful and experienced promoter in the industry with all the numbers mentioning how excited he was.

Other markets that are not as big and where the Police are not as popular as in Boston will shed more light on the discussion as they go on sale this weekend and monday. If these markets also rapidly sellout like Boston and the Canadian shows this past weekend did, then there will be no doubt that the Police will be returning to Boston for more shows in November/December on their second leg of North America. Yes, they will be in Arena's, but just two arena shows provides almost the same number of tickets as one Fenway Park show!

Lila64 said:
thanks! Like I said, I was worried about tossing the tickets back and trying again, cuz usually the first ones that come up are the best. Who knows!

Where is section 138? Its not listed on the map. I'm curious to see how good seats in the presale at $90 dollars are, because $225 is such a steep price increase, especially if your buying four tickets, and you may only get seats at the back of the field very close to where the $90 dollar section starts anyways.

Allegra said:

Well, they are showing it now...

18191s.gif

it's hard to tell from the map, but I think I'm down the 1st base line. Not the very first section of seats off of the field in yellow-ish/beige, the next level up. I think in that peachy color

Lila64 said:

it's hard to tell from the map, but I think I'm down the 1st base line. Not the very first section of seats off of the field in yellow-ish/beige, the next level up. I think in that peachy color

I'd just rent a wheelchair for the day and get one of the handicapped seats on the field. I think they are on a platform.

Some venues are wise to this scam, but most are not.

Lila64 said:

Did you go through Best Buy or the Fan Club? At won't point after the on sale started would you say you made your purchase? Say how many seconds or minutes?

I bought the tickets using the Best Buy Pre-sale code. I bought the tix as soon as they went on sale. It took a few minutes for TM to 'search', and the tix that came up were the first pair, and I just bought them.

I just heard from my friend in L.A., and he also got tix for the show. He said his tickets are down the 3rd base line in the new seats with trays that Dodger Stadium added not that long ago. He said those were $275 each after fees. He even said 'what a rip' at those prices, and he can much better afford it than I. I'm waiting to hear back with a section number, but I'm sure it's the yellow or beige colored area one level below me (the first level numbers are under 100, the next level are the hundreds and so on).

ETA: I think my friend's seats are actually Section/Aisle 47, which would be farther left in the brown section. Not too shabby if you can afford it. I didn't even try to see what would come up if I chose the more expensive seats, cuz I figured I'd have worse $95 ones when I would try for them

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
I bought the tickets using the Best Buy Pre-sale code. I bought the tix as soon as they went on sale. It took a few minutes for TM to 'search', and the tix that came up were the first pair, and I just bought them.

I just heard from my friend in L.A., and he also got tix for the show. He said his tickets are down the 3rd base line in the new seats with trays that Dodger Stadium added not that long ago. He said those were $275 each after fees. He even said 'what a rip' at those prices, and he can much better afford it than I. I'm waiting to hear back with a section number, but I'm sure it's the yellow or beige colored area one level below me (the first level numbers are under 100, the next level are the hundreds and so on).

WOW, I thought only the field would be at the $225 or $250 price. I always knew sections in the stands for basketball arena's would be at that price, but not for much larger football stadiums or Baseball stadiums. At Fenway Park, only the field seats were at $225. Because those shows soldout instantly, perhaps they are revising their original price structure.

This kind of explains why your in the second level with $95 dollar tickets, even though you bought tickets at the start of the pre-sale. There might be 15,000 to 20,000 tickets at the $250 level since they are charging level one tickets at that price.

I'll have to think about this some more before I purchase tickets.

Lila64 said:

That doesn't look too bad. Congrats for getting in! :up:
I'll be interested to see how Phoenix and Denver go.

M&T Stadium in Baltimore almost got The Police for a show, but officials said know.

Friday, February 16, 2007
RAVENS ARREST BALTIMORE'S CHANCE TO HOST THE POLICE

Are you kidding me? Tell me this is a joke.

The promoters for the long awaited Police reunion tour call the Ravens to arrange for The Police to play at M&T Bank Stadium and the Ravens for all intents and purposes say, “Sorry, we have a practice game schedule for that day.”

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The promoters were interested in have Sting and his deputies play on August 4 but the date conflicted with an as of yet unconfirmed preseason scrimmage or intrasquad session.

This from a team that on the drop of a dime can pull an outdoor summer camp practice at McDaniel College indoors at Owings Mills. Why not play the scrimmage at McDaniel where it had much more charm anyway?

Driven to tears…driven to tears.

Am I being too cynical here to suggest that the only reason that this won’t happen has to do with money? Somehow the Ravens must make more cha-ching on this lame scrimmage than The Police promoters are offering.

Martin O’Malley, surely you are a fan of The Police! Can’t you step in here? C’mon, maybe even the promoters will let you play guitar with them for a song. Whaddaya say Marty?

Maybe The Police can even dedicate a few songs to the Ravens if they move their “all important” scrimmage date:

You’ll Be Wrapped Around My Wallet
Every Breath You Take I’ll Be Charging You
DUH DUH, Do, Do, Do..DUH, DUH, Da Da
Profit by Numbers, 1 million, 2 million, 3

Lose to the Colts, Rex and AD could be leaving and now no Police. Since January 13, Everything They Do Is Tragic, Everything They Do Just Turns Me OFF!

Help I need somebody!!!

http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2007/02/ravens-arrest-baltimores-chance-to-host.html

Lila64 said:
Well, I barely woke up in time, told mother nature to call back, and just went for the first pair of $95.00 tix that came up, cuz I was panicky

Section 138 Loge, Row F, Seats 1-2

I was afraid to 'search again' to see what would come up, cuz they might have been worse. I didn't want to bother trying for $225 tix that I couldn't afford. And I was able to use what little Amex Rewards Points I had to save about $40. So... Guess I'll be there! :hyper:

:up:

I know exactly how you feel about 'search again'.

STING2 said:
M&T Stadium in Baltimore almost got The Police for a show, but officials said know.

Friday, February 16, 2007
RAVENS ARREST BALTIMORE'S CHANCE TO HOST THE POLICE

Are you kidding me? Tell me this is a joke.

The promoters for the long awaited Police reunion tour call the Ravens to arrange for The Police to play at M&T Bank Stadium and the Ravens for all intents and purposes say, “Sorry, we have a practice game schedule for that day.”

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The promoters were interested in have Sting and his deputies play on August 4 but the date conflicted with an as of yet unconfirmed preseason scrimmage or intrasquad session.

This from a team that on the drop of a dime can pull an outdoor summer camp practice at McDaniel College indoors at Owings Mills. Why not play the scrimmage at McDaniel where it had much more charm anyway?

Driven to tears…driven to tears.

Am I being too cynical here to suggest that the only reason that this won’t happen has to do with money? Somehow the Ravens must make more cha-ching on this lame scrimmage than The Police promoters are offering.

Martin O’Malley, surely you are a fan of The Police! Can’t you step in here? C’mon, maybe even the promoters will let you play guitar with them for a song. Whaddaya say Marty?

Maybe The Police can even dedicate a few songs to the Ravens if they move their “all important” scrimmage date:

You’ll Be Wrapped Around My Wallet
Every Breath You Take I’ll Be Charging You
DUH DUH, Do, Do, Do..DUH, DUH, Da Da
Profit by Numbers, 1 million, 2 million, 3

Lose to the Colts, Rex and AD could be leaving and now no Police. Since January 13, Everything They Do Is Tragic, Everything They Do Just Turns Me OFF!

Help I need somebody!!!

http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2007/02/ravens-arrest-baltimores-chance-to-host.html

You know...you can go over to the Police boards and ask for a bunch of fans to help you out in calling the Ravens. Just flood their phone lines and drive them crazy!

martha said:

This is really only an option for those with no soul.

I agree. :tsk:

That's as bad as lazy people borrowing someone's handicap parking tag. My mom has COPD (a lung disease) and only uses her handicap tag on days when she's having an incredibly hard time breathing; otherwise she says she feels guilty taking a spot in her work's parking lot away from someone who needs it even more than she does.

Allegra said:

You know...you can go over to the Police boards and ask for a bunch of fans to help you out in calling the Ravens. Just flood their phone lines and drive them crazy!

The problem is that the August 4th date is no longer possible for other reasons now. On August 5, The Police will be playing Giants Stadium, plus they are playing Madison Square Garden on August 3. An August 4th show would be 3 nights in a row and The Police, nor even U2 plays 3 nights in a row.

The band is supposed to take a break starting the second week in August which leaves no more room in August for a show. Given the schedual the only time they could play there would be sometime between July 10 and July 20, depending on what they have planned for Philadelphia and other east coast cities.

Allegra said:

Well, well, well...look what the cat drug in. Nice to know you are finally interested in what's going on here. :p

Some are better lurkers than others.... :eyebrow:

STING2 said:

The problem is that the August 4th date is no longer possible for other reasons now. On August 5, The Police will be playing Giants Stadium, plus they are playing Madison Square Garden on August 3. An August 4th show would be 3 nights in a row and The Police, nor even U2 plays 3 nights in a row.

The band is supposed to take a break starting the second week in August which leaves no more room in August for a show. Given the schedual the only time they could play there would be sometime between July 10 and July 20, depending on what they have planned for Philadelphia and other east coast cities.

July makes more sense to me from what I can see.. Let's hope so..

I live in Maryland and plan on going to the show here...dc/baltimore...

anxiously waiting for some good news...:wink:

Lila64 said:

I just heard from my friend in L.A., and he also got tix for the show. He said his tickets are down the 3rd base line in the new seats with trays that Dodger Stadium added not that long ago. He said those were $275 each after fees.

ETA: I think my friend's seats are actually Section/Aisle 47, which would be farther left in the brown section.
Wow. $275 each and not even on the field.
$ting, $tewart and $ummer$ are doing their best to make the Rolling $tone$ look charitable.

Hewson said:
Wow. $275 each and not even on the field.
$ting, $tewart and $ummer$ are doing their best to make the Rolling $tone$ look charitable.

No, their charging ticket prices based on their market value just like any artist does including U2, or the possible Van Halen reunion etc.

mom- i'll go with you no doubt. i thought about it and i decided that you were right. i probably know a lot more of their songs then i think. and it'll be a once in a life-time chance, might as well :D

MrBrau1 said:

you are a master bullshit artist.

Because I stated the obvious fact that artist in the music industry price their tickets based on market demand?:eyebrow:

I'm going!!!! Dodger stadium Section 10FD...I don't know where that is on the seating chart! but hallelujah!!!! A dream come true!:drool: :love:

Back
Top Bottom