The Police Tour '07 - Part 2 - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #451
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:59 AM
I got my tickets in the mail today

Old 03-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #452
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
If anyone in here is a paying member of ThePoliceTour.com, then go check out the 2 rehearsal videos....

Poor Andy

http://www.thepolicetour.com/news/news.php?uid=5021

Old 03-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #453
Refugee

Local Time: 01:59 AM
Even though I like alot of Police music it's ridiculous that SIX THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND THREE people have looked at this thread. What the fuck!!!!!!!! They're NOT THAT good. Especially after seeing that crap performance on the Grammy's...Geez.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #454
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Somebody didn't eat his Wheaties this morning

I've decided to hold out until the fall to see them. Money is a little tight for me, and I don't want to spend $95 until I know they'll be worth it.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:51 PM   #455
She's the One

Local Time: 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest
Even though I like alot of Police music it's ridiculous that SIX THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND THREE people have looked at this thread. What the fuck!!!!!!!! They're NOT THAT good. Especially after seeing that crap performance on the Grammy's...Geez.
I'm gonna look at it twice in your honor.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:21 AM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:59 AM
Quote:
Well, you've helped to make it SIX THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR!!!! Over 10 Thousand looked at the first thread, which flipped the counter. The 4 million+ people who will see this tour, including the 80,500 people in Paris who scooped all the tickets for Stade De France Stadium in under 90 minutes have a different opinion than you on the matter! The tour will outgross U2's Vertigo Tour and would probably be the highest grossing tour in history by early 2008 if the Stones had not decided to extend their never ending "Bigger Bang Tour" this summer. Its projected that the Police tour will gross $400 million dollars by the Spring of 2008!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #457
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

I'm gonna look at it twice in your honor.

how many more times can I look at this thread...
Old 03-31-2007, 12:26 PM   #458
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I just looked at it three times in your honor.

I'm looking forward to The Police almost as much as U2. Two differences though for me. First, U2 tours consistantly, The Police do not and I doubt they will again after this tour. So it does make the whole Police reuniting part exciting. Second, U2 I try to see as many times as I can on each tour. One time should be sufficient for me with The Police. Still, its going to be a great show, I cant wait!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #459
Refugee

Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
I'd be interested to see who you think is GOOD. I'm sure we would be able to crap on your favorites.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:38 PM   #460
She's the One

Local Time: 11:59 PM
Old 03-31-2007, 12:41 PM   #461
Refugee

Quote:

Let's not get our panties in a wad

Now stop a second, and let's take a look at this mathematically...

If you notice on average (but not exact), the number of views is approximately 10 times more than the actual posts. That's true for most threads. I like many people will read the thread 10 times before posting a reply. Now that's average since some will be totally into the conversation, that's reply with every view [which could be the same people over and over but in order to see the latest replies you have to refresh the screen and so when you do that it adds another viewer to the counter], and others may not reply at all, just read it.

So what I'm saying is that 6,000+ different people could not have possibly been on here.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:46 PM   #462
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by The OOTS

I'd be interested to see who you think is GOOD. I'm sure we would be able to crap on your favorites.
His profile says this....

R.E.M., Neil Young, The Who, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Buck 65, The Gunshy, Drive By Truckers, The Church, Negativland, Beatles

If you read his reply again, it does say that he likes Police's music, it's just that he doesn't think that they are that popular. But I've already explained the Viewer vs. Reply situation. He just doesn't understand how message boards work.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:53 PM   #463
Refugee

Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra

His profile says this....

R.E.M., Neil Young, The Who, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Buck 65, The Gunshy, Drive By Truckers, The Church, Negativland, Beatles

If you read his reply again, it does say that he likes Police's music, it's just that he doesn't think that they are that popular. But I've already explained the Viewer vs. Reply situation. He just doesn't understand how message boards work.
I think he has clearly misunderstood their popularity to a lot of people and the fact they haven't toured in 24 years.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #464
Refugee

OK, for those folks who aren't Police paying members, here's what's on the 2 videos...

On the first video they are practicing Roxanne and Every Little Thing.

On the second video they are practicing Every Breath You Take. Here's what they say while ragging on Andy (no pun intended)........

[They stop in the middle of the song]

Stewart: Did you really play our biggest hit on that white Stratocaster?

Andy: It was played on a red Stratocaster.

Stewart: I should think so.

Andy: Which is being reproduced.

Sting: Well, I'm not, I'm not working then. I can't, I can't work with that white thing.

Andy: It sounds good.

Sting: No. I don't care. It's the wrong color. OK. Have a paint job by tomorrow.

Sorry Andy, I think the guys were right. It does sound a little bit different. There is a bit of difference in the tone.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:16 PM   #465
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
OK, for those folks who aren't Police paying members, here's what's on the 2 videos...

On the first video they are practicing Roxanne and Every Little Thing.

On the second video they are practicing Every Breath You Take. Here's what they say while ragging on Andy (no pun intended)........

[They stop in the middle of the song]

Stewart: Did you really play our biggest hit on that white Stratocaster?

Andy: It was played on a red Stratocaster.

Stewart: I should think so.

Andy: Which is being reproduced.

Sting: Well, I'm not, I'm not working then. I can't, I can't work with that white thing.

Andy: It sounds good.

Sting: No. I don't care. It's the wrong color. OK. Have a paint job by tomorrow.

Sorry Andy, I think the guys were right. It does sound a little bit different. There is a bit of difference in the tone.

Warning... "sarcastic mode now in effect".....

Gosh...it's as if I am actually watching the video...

*end of sarcastic mode*

ok.. thanks but that's torture for us non paying members.. giving us a written description only makes me want to see the video more.. ugh..