The Police Tour '07 - Part 2 - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Just got an email from Best Buy, 2nd Fenway show presale Sunday for the 99.99987% of reward zone folks who got shut out of fenway 1:

Wow, tickets must be really selling fast if they are already adding a second Boston show before tickets go on sale to the general public for the first one. This might mean that almost all of the first Fenway Park show tickets were sold through the fan club meaning those that have decided to wait for the general on sale to the public will be unlikely to get tickets for the first show.

I've heard there are still plenty of fan club tickets available in Canada.
__________________

__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 09:45 AM
This was posted on the police tour website:

"16.02.07 Second Boston show confirmed for July 29...

The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce that The Police will be playing a second show at Boston's historic Fenway Park! The concert will be held on Sunday, July 29. The members-only presale will begin on Sunday, Feb. 18th at 2:00 pm local time. Head to ThePoliceTour.com on Feb. 18th to purchase your tickets.

The time for Ticketmaster bundle presales will be announced shortly."

So the Best Buy people this time only get a two hour headstart.
__________________

__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra



Let's see here...that's not bad I guess for $94...I just don't want upper balcony...at least the AAC in Dallas isn't this big

MSG


Dallas
The AAC in Dallas is about the same size as Madison Square Garden for a concert. For the Madison Square Garden concerts U2 played, there were 18,655 people in attendance for each soldout show. The single AAC show in Dallas had 17,988 people for the soldout show there. So really, only a difference of 667 seats.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,585
Local Time: 09:45 AM
2 Fenway shows. Have the 2 shows at Wrigley in Chicago been confirmed?

One Vancouver ticket broker has rear stage arena tickets already for sale. It's also interesting to see how they do the breakdown on their fictional secondary market pricing:

http://www.showtimetickets.com/event...load&id=744149

Note: Some tickets on Sting's side are more expensive because they are in the "club section" with fancy restaurants selling $12 drinks and $40 shrimp platters. With delivery to your seat!!!

Any rumours of second nights in any of the arenas?
__________________
U2FanPeter is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter
2 Fenway shows. Have the 2 shows at Wrigley in Chicago been confirmed?

One Vancouver ticket broker has rear stage arena tickets already for sale. It's also interesting to see how they do the breakdown on their fictional secondary market pricing:

http://www.showtimetickets.com/event...load&id=744149

Note: Some tickets on Sting's side are more expensive because they are in the "club section" with fancy restaurants selling $12 drinks and $40 shrimp platters. With delivery to your seat!!!

Any rumours of second nights in any of the arenas?
It depends how well tickets do during the on sale tomorrow for the public in Canada. It does not seem that nearly as many Canadians went into the pre-sales as they did here in the United States. There were still fan club tickets available in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver when the pre-sales ended. If the shows sellout instantly tomorrow, they will definitely be adding shows in Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto although they may not have a pre-sale for them if they add them tomorrow within an hour of the first shows going on sale.


The big question I have is where exactly is the line between where the $225 dollar tickets end and the $90 dollar tickets start in the Arena's. It looks like half the floor and half of the stands in front of the stage, about half up to the roof, are all $225. It may be a little greater than that on the floor and lower level.

I think a really great $225 seats, within 10 rows of the stage or in one of the nearby lower level sections might be worth it, but if your closer to where the $90 dollar tickets start than you are to the stage, it would probably be better to go with the $90 dollar tickets.

In the pre-sale, if you decide to go for $225's FIRST to see whats available, you risk not getting the best possible $90 seat that was available. But if you just go for the $90 dollar tickets FIRST, then it appears you'll either be high up near the roof if your in the first half of the arena near the stage, or in the back half of the Arena away from the stage.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict
 
MissVelvetDress_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Posts: 25,776
Local Time: 04:45 AM
They better come to ATLANTA!
__________________
MissVelvetDress_75 is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 02:45 AM
as always, it helps to pre-register with Ticketmaster, so all your information is already on file
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #38
Forum Moderator
 
ramblin rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 12,861
Local Time: 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2


The AAC in Dallas is about the same size as Madison Square Garden for a concert. For the Madison Square Garden concerts U2 played, there were 18,655 people in attendance for each soldout show. The single AAC show in Dallas had 17,988 people for the soldout show there. So really, only a difference of 667 seats.
The difference I saw between the AAC and MSG during Vertigo was the steepness of the arena in Dallas. The AAC seemed more compact than MSG, but the 200 level in Dallas is extremely high up, it's almost like vertically you're going straight up. So you end up closer to the stage but much higher up than the equivalent section at MSG.
__________________
ramblinrose[at]interference.com
ramblin rose is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,585
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
[B]It depends how well tickets do during the on sale tomorrow for the public in Canada. It does not seem that nearly as many Canadians went into the pre-sales as they did here in the United States. There were still fan club tickets available in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver when the pre-sales ended. If the shows sellout instantly tomorrow, they will definitely be adding shows in Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto although they may not have a pre-sale for them if they add them tomorrow within an hour of the first shows going on sale.
I think the Best Buy deal with their rewards card was different in Canada than it was in the US. They don't have cards here and not many people had signed onto the website before Feb. 1st.

CDN$120(USD$100) is rich for some simply for a "privilege" of buying early fanclub tickets.

Quote:
The big question I have is where exactly is the line between where the $225 dollar tickets end and the $90 dollar tickets start in the Arena's. It looks like half the floor and half of the stands in front of the stage, about half up to the roof, are all $225. It may be a little greater than that on the floor and lower level.
Where have $225 balcony seats turned up? I've only heard of the 200 sections at MSG which is below the 300 sections.

Canada may have more higher price tickets to make up for the dollar for dollar rates.

u2fp
__________________
U2FanPeter is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 09:05 PM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 05:45 AM
My sister e-mailed a friend of ours about my really wanting to get Police tickets and he replied back, "But . . . but . . . they're not U2!?! "



Am I that transparent?

yes
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter


I think the Best Buy deal with their rewards card was different in Canada than it was in the US. They don't have cards here and not many people had signed onto the website before Feb. 1st.

CDN$120(USD$100) is rich for some simply for a "privilege" of buying early fanclub tickets.



Where have $225 balcony seats turned up? I've only heard of the 200 sections at MSG which is below the 300 sections.

Canada may have more higher price tickets to make up for the dollar for dollar rates.

u2fp
I've heard that 207 through 210, and the same equal sections on the other side of the arena are $225. Thats about half way up from the floor to the roof. There is a 200 level, 100 level, and then another level below the 100 level before you get to the floor. Above the 200 level there are 300 level and some 400 level. In some area's there is not a 400 level above the 300 level, meaning the 300 level is the top.

In Canada the entire floor was at the $225 price which converted to US dollars is $193.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 11:13 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Pop Artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,999
Local Time: 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2


I've heard that 207 through 210, and the same equal sections on the other side of the arena are $225. Thats about half way up from the floor to the roof. There is a 200 level, 100 level, and then another level below the 100 level before you get to the floor. Above the 200 level there are 300 level and some 400 level. In some area's there is not a 400 level above the 300 level, meaning the 300 level is the top.

In Canada the entire floor was at the $225 price which converted to US dollars is $193.
The 100s and 200s are basically the same section at MSG, no aisle separates the two, Row A in the 200s is directly behind Row F in the 100s. There is only a bar between them, forcing the 200s to enter from one level up and go down, while the 100s enter on the level below and go up. The 100s and 200s only go up to Rows F and E while the XXs and 300s go up to Rows M and N each.

BTW, the "$225s" are actually $254 at MSG - a $29 NY markup, while the $90s and $50s only get a $4 NY markup.
__________________
Pop Artist is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 11:27 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,585
Local Time: 09:45 AM
I've heard that MSG has the highest rental rates of any arena in the world.

I also noticed that the cheapest tickets for the Canadian shows is CDN$59, rather than $50 as has been written on a couple places.

u2fp
__________________
U2FanPeter is offline  
Old 02-17-2007, 01:43 AM   #44
Refugee
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Posts: 2,027
Local Time: 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose


The difference I saw between the AAC and MSG during Vertigo was the steepness of the arena in Dallas. The AAC seemed more compact than MSG, but the 200 level in Dallas is extremely high up, it's almost like vertically you're going straight up. So you end up closer to the stage but much higher up than the equivalent section at MSG.

Thanks!

That's what I meant to say. In the 300 level it's like looking over a cliff!
__________________
Allegra is offline  
Old 02-17-2007, 12:34 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Well, its two hours into the public on sale of the July 22 show in Toronto at the Air Canada Center and tickets for the first show are long gone. A second show for July 23 has been added and tickets for that are gone as well, EXCEPT single seats at the $225 price and rear stage seats, but only singles.

Montreal does not appear to be on sale today and it does not have an on sale date yet. Vancouver goes on sale in 30 minutes.
__________________

__________________
STING2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com