The Police Tour '07 - Part 2 - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #376
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bollox
i bet dc gets screwed yet again and we have to settle for a single crappy arena date on the 2nd leg.

what pisses me off me most is that they were going to use the b'more ravens stadium for a summer show, but the ravens people said no because they had a planned scrimmage. wtf, not even a preseason game! i hope ray lewis gets testicular cancer and the ravens never have a winning season again. karma, bitches.

AMEN TO THAT!!

you are probably right.. it just kills me that we are gonna get screwed.. they had the damn venue city up from the beginnning and took it down a couple of weeks ago!!!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #377
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:18 AM
Quote:
i bet dc gets screwed yet again and we have to settle for a single crappy arena date on the 2nd leg.
Anybody with a working brain would pick an arena show over a Stadium show where most seats have so-so sightlines.

I'm wondering if some of the opening dates(here in Vancouver/Northwest dates) will have some rough spots performance wise.

u2fp

Old 03-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #378
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I think Sting has finished the Lute Tour, or will very soon leave Europe and soon resume rehearsing with The Police.

I've heard rumours that the rehearsals will return to Vancouver, between the Film Studios and GM Place.

GM Place is desired because:
A) The tour starts here May 28/30
B) It has the highest ceilings for any North American Arena is helps from a technical standpoint
C) Away from distractions
D)They can have the building in late May(barring the odd night needed for a 3rd round playoff run by the Canucks) with the lone exception of the Brad Paisley/Kellie Picker show on May 22nd.

Unconfirmed Rumours out fo Vancouver:
A) During the Police tour, crew members will be wearing cop uniforms
B) For Stadium shows the band will drive from the back of the field to the stage on replica lunar Rovers and kick off the show with "Walking on the Moon"
C) There will be giant inflatable Camels onstage for "Tea in the Sahara"
D) Andy and Stewart stayed in Vancouver(Copeland used a different drumkit in LA than the Vancouver rehearsal photos)

u2fp
Old 03-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #379
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter

Anybody with a working brain would pick an arena show over a Stadium show where most seats have so-so sightlines.

I'm wondering if some of the opening dates(here in Vancouver/Northwest dates) will have some rough spots performance wise.

u2fp
In an arena though, you have behind the stage seating and a smaller production. Some people enjoy the large production with stadium shows, plus the fact that everyone gets a full frontal view of the artist. Then there is the whole experience of being outside for the show in warm summer weather.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #380
She's the One

Local Time: 05:18 PM
Quote:
Unconfirmed Rumours out fo Vancouver:

At least it won't a giant inflatable dick like the Stones used.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #381
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

A) During the Police tour, crew members will be wearing cop uniforms
B) For Stadium shows the band will drive from the back of the field to the stage on replica lunar Rovers and kick off the show with "Walking on the Moon"
Old 03-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #382
Refugee

Quote:

the emphasis was on the "single" arena date. i imagine the dc/baltimore market could warrant mulitple arena shows or one stadium show, but this will likely be oversighted.

one arena show = higher demand = more likelihood of getting screwed out of tickets
Old 03-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

the emphasis was on the "single" arena date. i imagine the dc/baltimore market could warrant mulitple arena shows or one stadium show, but this will likely be oversighted.

one arena show = higher demand = more likelihood of getting screwed out of tickets

Old 03-17-2007, 01:58 AM   #384
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Local Time: 08:18 PM
I don't know if Sting2 posted this one or not, but this is HILARIOUS.......

Old 03-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #385
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
I don't know if Sting2 posted this one or not, but this is HILARIOUS.......

that was funny.

I also clicked on the link to Synchronicity 1 live in Atlanta. Hadn't seen that in awhile. I saw them in Birmingham AL a few days after that show took place. My first concert.

Makes me want to get a full recording of the Synchronicity tour. Does anyone have or know of any sites where you can get Police bootlegs? I know there is an excellent audience recording of the Synchronicity Giants Stadium show.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #386
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

that was funny.

I also clicked on the link to Synchronicity 1 live in Atlanta. Hadn't seen that in awhile. I saw them in Birmingham AL a few days after that show took place. My first concert.

Makes me want to get a full recording of the Synchronicity tour. Does anyone have or know of any sites where you can get Police bootlegs? I know there is an excellent audience recording of the Synchronicity Giants Stadium show.
Or I think you mean the Synchronicity Shea Stadium show. The only time the Police played at GIANTS STADIUM was for the Amnesty International Show, that is until the current tour which will see them play there on August 5, 2007.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #387
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

Or I think you mean the Synchronicity Shea Stadium show. The only time the Police played at GIANTS STADIUM was for the Amnesty International Show, that is until the current tour which will see them play there on August 5, 2007.
You are right, thats the one I meant.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #388
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
still nothing on a Best Buy pre-sale for Chicago I wrote Best Buy inquiring if there would be a pre-sale, and the response I got? they pasted the terms and conditions of the presales and did not even address my question whatsoever.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #389
She's the One

Local Time: 05:18 PM
Best Buy sucks. They always have and they always will.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #390
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416
still nothing on a Best Buy pre-sale for Chicago I wrote Best Buy inquiring if there would be a pre-sale, and the response I got? they pasted the terms and conditions of the presales and did not even address my question whatsoever.

that bloody sucks! What a shame I was kinda counting on Best Buy presale for the Wash DC/Baltimore date whenever it shows back up. I am not paying 100 bucks for a membership... no way!