The Police Tour '07 - Part 2 - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:13 AM
Well I'm kind of in a tight spot. The original press release mentioned a concert in Columbus, and nothing about Cleveland. Now here we have a Cleveland show coming up with no word of Columbus yet. Cleveland is 3 hour drive, Columbus is 1 hour from me. But I don't want to miss them. Should I just go ahead and buy Cleveland tickets, or hold out to see if anything happens in Columbus?

Old 02-27-2007, 05:13 PM   #212
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Stadiums in Edmonton and Hershey?

The scary thing is that I think both will sell out within a couple days.

u2fp

Old 02-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #213
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat
Well I'm kind of in a tight spot. The original press release mentioned a concert in Columbus, and nothing about Cleveland. Now here we have a Cleveland show coming up with no word of Columbus yet. Cleveland is 3 hour drive, Columbus is 1 hour from me. But I don't want to miss them. Should I just go ahead and buy Cleveland tickets, or hold out to see if anything happens in Columbus?

I would just go ahead and buy them. If Columbus comes up later, you won't have to worry about selling your tickets.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm not sure how many seats they can get on the field at Hersheypark Stadium. A few Dave Matthews Band concerts back when I was in college broke attendance records at around 29,000 I think. I'm really surprised they got a show considering that area is only about an hour and a half from Philadelphia. If the Baltimore-Washington area gets a show, that will also be only about two hours away.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter
The two upcoming Vancouver shows about equals all of the groups shows in town. Here's ticket stubs for their 3 biggest Vancouver shows:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1005291...=1172583202170

1981 - $9 with XTC
1982 - $14.50
1983 - $19 with Thompson Twins

As for comparing the Police/U2 in the NYC area, I'm curious what the Rolling Stones did on Bigger Bang. While Billy Joel and Springsteen have "homefield advantage" I'm sure their recent appearances in the NYC area(BS&ESB stadium shows in 2003) top the import acts.

u2fp
Um, those Vancouver shows are not co-headlining shows, XTC and Thompson Twins were opening the show.

Billy Joel is close to U2's Vertigo figure, but I believe U2's is still ahead.

Bruce Springsteen is in his own world, but thats what can happen when your one of the most popular artist in the world and essentially have the biggest city in the World as your hometown.

The Boss did two arena shows in 2002, then came back and did 10 shows at Giants Stadium and 3 Shows at Shea Stadium. Just for the stadium shows total attendance was over 700,000 back in 2003. Ticket prices were lower though.

The most any other single artist has done in the New York City area is four stadium shows. U2, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, have all done 4 stadium shows in the New York City area on one tour.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #216
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoIsMyMuse
I'm not sure how many seats they can get on the field at Hersheypark Stadium. A few Dave Matthews Band concerts back when I was in college broke attendance records at around 29,000 I think. I'm really surprised they got a show considering that area is only about an hour and a half from Philadelphia. If the Baltimore-Washington area gets a show, that will also be only about two hours away.
The most people that Dave Matthews have played to at Hershey Park is 31,000 according to figures reported by Amusement Business and posted and printed on Billboard.com and Billboard magazine in their boxscore charts.

N'Sync appears to probably have the attendance record for Hershey Park Stadium as they did two shows there to a little over 63,000 people with the total capacity of both shows combined being 66,000.

Seating Capacity for The Police show will be dependent on how many people they allow on the field as the website for Hershey says there is only stadium seating for 16,000 people in the stands. So, seating capacity will be anywhere in between 25,000 or 33,000 depending on what the the fire code laws are and how many tickets the promoter would like to put on sale.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

The most people that Dave Matthews have played to at Hershey Park is 31,000 according to figures reported by Amusement Business and posted and printed on Billboard.com and Billboard magazine in their boxscore charts.

N'Sync appears to probably have the attendance record for Hershey Park Stadium as they did two shows there to a little over 63,000 people with the total capacity of both shows combined being 66,000.

Seating Capacity for The Police show will be dependent on how many people they allow on the field as the website for Hershey says there is only stadium seating for 16,000 people in the stands. So, seating capacity will be anywhere in between 25,000 or 33,000 depending on what the the fire code laws are and how many tickets the promoter would like to put on sale.
I remember that for a few years in a row DMB outdid their own record. I grew up in that area and used to work for a newspaper a few towns away while I was in college, and they'd let me cover concerts as a reward for all the crap work they usually made me do. I think they tried to get me to cover those N'Sync shows

It's not a bad venue for a stadium--I saw a bunch of shows there while in high school and college. Around here, that venue is probably best known as the location of the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast rehearsals.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter
The two upcoming Vancouver shows about equals all of the groups shows in town. Here's ticket stubs for their 3 biggest Vancouver shows:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1005291...=1172583202170

1981 - $9 with XTC
1982 - $14.50
1983 - $19 with Thompson Twins

As for comparing the Police/U2 in the NYC area, I'm curious what the Rolling Stones did on Bigger Bang. While Billy Joel and Springsteen have "homefield advantage" I'm sure their recent appearances in the NYC area(BS&ESB stadium shows in 2003) top the import acts.

u2fp
On the first leg of the Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang tour, they played one show at Giants Stadium and one show at Madison Square Garden, September 2005.

They came back to New York City in January 2006 and did two shows at Madison Square Garden. In February that did one show at Radio City Music Hall. The RCMH has a capacity of about 6,000.

In September of 2006, they returned to New York City and did 1 show at Giants Stadium, a year after the first show they did there. That second show at Giants Stadium had a reduced capacity and soldout at 48,000 tickets. Later that month they did two shows at the Beacon Theater which seats about 3,000 people per show.

So spread out over a period lasting more than a year, they did 2 Stadium shows, 3 Arena shows, and 3 theater shows in the New York City area.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:58 AM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:13 AM
I have tickets for the LA show .

so so so so SO SO SO EXCITED !
Old 02-28-2007, 03:13 AM   #220
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:13 AM
care to share your section number?
And congrats!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #221
War Child

Just added a stadium show for Miami....
Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 AM   #222
Acrobat

Yay! just got tix for the Cleveland show thru the Best Buy pre-sale. Thanks for all the info everyone!
We got section 123 row 7 (side of stage, almost behind, but not quite). These were the $200 tix. Couldn't resist! As long as there isn't a big speaker or screen there we should be in a good spot!?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #223
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ifeelnumb84
Just added a stadium show for Miami....

I just heard it on the radio in my bookstore. There aren't any details on ticketmaster yet though.
I can't wait!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #224
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
care to share your section number?
And congrats!
I don't remember exactly, the tickets are on my roomate's computer. I think it was 104 or 108. They are right in the center in the $100 section.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #225
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Well, the BB presale here in Dallas sucked wind.

I'm so pissed off. It's almost like they didn't have any $90 seats to sell even though it was one of the choices.

And too, this fucking pop up for "Do you want to display secure and nonsecure items?" Well, HELL YES! But the damn thing kept asking me over and over and over again till it kicked me out. I've never in my life had this while it searching for tickets on TM. Has anyone else had this problem? Or is it just me?

Also, my friend here got shut out as well. I don't know if anyone got any BB tickets for the Dallas show.