The Police Tour '07 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ I responded back to them and informed them that they did NOT answer my question! I was not aware of this until today, Chicago residents who live I believe within a mile or two of Wrigley, are offered a "resident pre-sale"!! I guess if you've bought Cubs tickets in the past and your zip code is within a mile or so, you can have the chance to buy tickets. what a joke. people complain about all the noise that Wrigley brings with baseball and concerts, yet people continue to live there! argh. take that and the Police fan club, I probably don't have a chance! :rant:

edit: they added Wrigley Field on the BB site, so now there's a date and venue, but still no link to a pre-sale...still "coming soon". I hope there's a chance of a pre-sale.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the DC/Balt show was supposed to be on July 14th at a stadium. That makes sense. However, now they are playing Churchill Downs in Louisville on that day. I think the reason they haven't announced the DC and Columbus dates is all tied together, and this Louisville show sheds some light on things. I don't think there will be a columbus show until the fall now, if at all. And unless DC gets a stadium show on July 8th, there is no possible slots for them to play DC until the fall.

Oh well, I guess.... LOUISVILLE HERE I COME!!!!

U2FanPeter said:
Have domed stadiums in the fall be ruled out? They play a couple in Europe, I think.

I think Toronto will not get a domed stadium show now, due to 3 arena shows, one of which is dragging it's ass on the way to a sellout. The only domed stadium I can see them doing in the fall would be the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. POSSIBLY Carrier Dome in Syracuse, and that's a big IF. There hasn't been anything announced for upstate NY yet, so ya never know.

The_acrobat said:

I think Toronto will not get a domed stadium show now, due to 3 arena shows, one of which is dragging it's ass on the way to a sellout. The only domed stadium I can see them doing in the fall would be the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. POSSIBLY Carrier Dome in Syracuse, and that's a big IF. There hasn't been anything announced for upstate NY yet, so ya never know.

Detroit or Texas?

anyone who used the Best Buy pre-sales know if two people can search for tickets using the same code at the same time, even though only one person can buy them? they finally announced a pre-sale for Chicago for this morning actually, although Tickets.com still doesn't have a listing for the show. just curious if I have to look alone or can enlist someone to help search at the same time.

NEW TOUR DATES ANNOUNCED & MEMBERS-ONLY FAN CLUB PRESALES

The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce that The Police have added 2 new tour dates to their North American tour. The new dates are:
Thur. June 21 - Anaheim, CA @ the Honda Center
Sat. July 14 - Louisville, KY @ Churchill Downs.

Please see below for upcoming presale dates this week beginning at 10:00 am local time:

Wed. Mar. 21st Members-Only Presale @ 10:00 am local time
July 5 - Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
Oct. 8 - Antwerp, BE @ Sportspaleis

Thur. Mar. 22nd Members-Only Presale @ 10:00 am local time
June 21 - Anaheim, CA @ the Honda Center
July 14 - Louisville, KY @ Churchill Downs

U2FanPeter said:

Detroit or Texas?

Probably not as they already have an Arena show near Detroit that is almost but not completely soldout. Detroit will likely get another Arena show in November/December. Texas could get a domed stadium show in San Antonio, but I think they will probably just do arena's there when they come back for the second leg.

I think the Georgia Dome is the only Dome stadium they may do if any based on the size of the market and all the area's they would have already played over the summer.

love_u2_adam said:
i'm going on june 2nd in edmonton...i just had to say that:hyper:

Awesome!:rockon:

And I just have to say that not only am I going to Bonnaroo :drunk: , but I'm also going to catch them in Louisville on 7/14. :drool:

:hmm: I'm debating on tickets for the St. Paul show...I'd go with the $50 upper level tickets because I'm cheap :lol: Plus, being in the building would just be amazing in itself.

Here's your Balt/DC date (they'd have to be playing on the 4th)...

We wanted you to be the first to know about the dates and confirmed bands for this year's Virgin Festival by Virgin Mobile.

Our music and cultural extravaganza returns to Baltimore's Pimlico Race Course and has expanded to two days, August 4-5. This year's incredible line-up features The Police, The Smashing Pumpkins and Beastie Boys!

This year's festival will truly be a one-of-a-kind event. Virgin Festival is The Police's only appearance in the D.C./Baltimore area.
The Smashing Pumpkins return to the stage for their first U.S. date since going on hiatus in 2000. And Beastie Boys will be making their first East Coast appearance in two years.

Click on www.virginfestival.com for more info. And stay tuned for advanced ticket sale details!

Pop Artist said:
Here's your Balt/DC date (they'd have to be playing on the 4th)...

I AM SO GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Went to last year's VFest and it was a blast!!:wink:

Now I get to see the Police.. and the Pumpkins!!:drool:

I need somebody's advice. The best buy site still says there will be a columbus show. it's the only show to not get a date yet. Chicago is on July 5,6 and Miami is on July 10. There is room on July 8 for the Columbus show, and it's right on the way between Chicago and Miami. However, do you think that with the addition of the Louisville show that Columbus has thereby been pushed back until the fall? They didn't add a stadium show in Louisville because Louisville is a big city (it isn't really), but it will draw people from all over Kentucky, Indy and Southern Ohio.

I want to see them this summer, but should I get the Louisville tickets or hold out for maybe something in Columbus?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I AM SO GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Went to last year's VFest and it was a blast!!:wink:

Now I get to see the Police.. and the Pumpkins!!:drool:

FYI - If anybody is going to see the Smashing Pumpkins, you'll also see Rocko, U2's stage manager and from Rocko and the Devils, who will also be the stage manager for the Pumpkins.

There was a rumor floating around here in the crack that Rocko was going to do The Police tour, well he's not.

STING2 said:
The problem is that the August 4th date is no longer possible for other reasons now. On August 5, The Police will be playing Giants Stadium, plus they are playing Madison Square Garden on August 3. An August 4th show would be 3 nights in a row and The Police, nor even U2 plays 3 nights in a row.

The band is supposed to take a break starting the second week in August which leaves no more room in August for a show. Given the schedual the only time they could play there would be sometime between July 10 and July 20, depending on what they have planned for Philadelphia and other east coast cities.

Just to be a douchebag, I'd thought it would be a good time for this quote.

Richard Branson must have given them a hot air balloon full of cash to get them to agree to play 3 days in a row.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

Just to be a douchebag, I'd thought it would be a good time for this quote.

Richard Branson must have given them a hot air balloon full of cash to get them to agree to play 3 days in a row.

u2fp

:hmm: he sure must of.. at their ages.. 3 days in a row :ohmy: Hope they can pull this off..

Back
Top Bottom