The Police reuniting for tour in '07 ??? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2007, 01:24 AM   #46
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:26 AM
I saw the Police during their Ghost In The Machine tour

I would love to see them again

And those YouTube videos are great thanks

Old 01-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:26 AM
if the police would like to go on tour again, then i would be more than happy to not go see them.

sting's a toolbag.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

They need to take Mute Math with them on tour. It'd be perfect.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:26 PM
The following songs are from a show on the Police's first tour some of which were posted already but not in any sort of order. The show is for a German TV Program "Musikladen" and takes place in a TV studio. This show took place on January 18, 1979 in Bremen Germany, about 2 months after the release of the first album, Outlandos D' Armour. Its a great performance of songs from the first album as well as non-album tracks!

So Lonely
Born In The 50's

Peanuts

Roxanne
Old 01-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Wow. They have Message In A Bottle nailed down well before they recorded it in the studio. Sounds great.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #52
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
OK...sorry if I'm slow to this news, but my hubby just sent me an email of this latest article and all I have to say is...

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!

I'll be there front and center!

Interesting note...I wonder how many fans were Police fans before they were U2 fans. I'm one of them, and I do notice several others in this thread as well. I too wanted to go see them in concert, but I was 14, obviously carless, and there was no way my parents would go, join me, or even buy a ticket because it would be a waste of money.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #53
War Child

I was a police fan before I was a u2 fan but then I was 15 way back in 1978 when I heard roxanne and I didn't know who u2 where

I always got their new albums for a christmas present and wore them out playing them over and over, and drooling over Sting and thinking Stewart copeland was the most coolest drummer on earth because he reminded me of animal in the muppets,

now I have them all their albums on cd and play them when I want to act like a silly teenager again.. and if they come anywhere near Ireland (please let them come this direction) I will be there for sure

I didn't become a serious U2 fan till I was about 25
Old 01-04-2007, 08:13 PM   #54
Refugee

I saw The Police in 1982 and in 1983 at that Hollywood Park show that Martha seemed to have hated. They were fantastic both times I saw them, as well as the 20+ Sting solo shows I have seen, including the 40th birthday concert with Adny Summers as guest.

I think Sting's decision for the Police to tour again could be largely based on the idea of mortality. In the past couple years, 2 people very key to him and the Police (Kim Turner and Ian Copeland) both died in their 50s. Sting parents both died at around the age of 53-54 and Sting himself is now 55. The youthful looking Andy Summers is now 64. He may feel that most of his children have never seen the band that really kick started his career and want them to have a chance to see it in person.

Combine this with the fun he seems to have had in 2005-2006 on his stripped back Broken Music tour and that he currently seems to be undergoing some writers block to where he may feel it's worth giving it a shot. He's always stayed close with Andy and even with Stewart and I believe that Ian's death last summer probably made him feel closer to Stewart. Stewart attended Sting's Broken Music tour opener at the Roxy on March 28, 2005 (I had to miss it as I was in San Diego for U2), so he obviously still feels a strong connection to Sting and to that music. He and Andy have always made it clear they would jump at a reunion if Sting ever would do it.

At the screening of his Police documentary in LA last August, Stewart explained that Sting did not see it when he sent it to him, but that it was one of his sons that watched it and told Sting that it was well done. Maybe Sting's family have really pushed him to consider doing a reunion.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:37 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Halup
I saw The Police in 1982 and in 1983 at that Hollywood Park show that Martha seemed to have hated. They were fantastic both times I saw them, as well as the 20+ Sting solo shows I have seen, including the 40th birthday concert with Adny Summers as guest.

I think Sting's decision for the Police to tour again could be largely based on the idea of mortality. In the past couple years, 2 people very key to him and the Police (Kim Turner and Ian Copeland) both died in their 50s. Sting parents both died at around the age of 53-54 and Sting himself is now 55. The youthful looking Andy Summers is now 64. He may feel that most of his children have never seen the band that really kick started his career and want them to have a chance to see it in person.

Combine this with the fun he seems to have had in 2005-2006 on his stripped back Broken Music tour and that he currently seems to be undergoing some writers block to where he may feel it's worth giving it a shot. He's always stayed close with Andy and even with Stewart and I believe that Ian's death last summer probably made him feel closer to Stewart. Stewart attended Sting's Broken Music tour opener at the Roxy on March 28, 2005 (I had to miss it as I was in San Diego for U2), so he obviously still feels a strong connection to Sting and to that music. He and Andy have always made it clear they would jump at a reunion if Sting ever would do it.

At the screening of his Police documentary in LA last August, Stewart explained that Sting did not see it when he sent it to him, but that it was one of his sons that watched it and told Sting that it was well done. Maybe Sting's family have really pushed him to consider doing a reunion.
Sting was at the first public screening of Stewarts film though. By the way, where did you see the Police in 1982 on the Ghost tour?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
I think it would be awesome if they reunited since I was way too young to see them when they were at the top of their game. I've seen Sting 3 or 4 times and have enjoyed myself each time. I would love to go, provided I'm not paying up the ying yang for a ticket.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #57
Blue Crack Distributor

I think I've changed my mind about how awesome this would be.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
I think I've changed my mind about how awesome this would be.

What changed your mind?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:26 PM
I don't get all the hype about the Police. Sure, I love the classics like Message in a Bottle, King Of Pain, Every Breath etc. I do own that Classics hits CD and one of their albums, Synchronicity. But they don't come off as exceptional or anything to me. Sure its good 80s rock but to say that "The Police were the greatest band in the world in the early to mid 80s before they passed on the torch to U2" kinda makes me go ... Really?

maybe cos I was really an early 90s kid.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

What changed your mind?

I think, besides the fact that they've been broken up for years, I've come to the conclusion I really can't stand Sting. I love the Police, but I guess I'm not so rabid a fan that I have to see them grab some more millions in a disjointed reunion tour.

Forget the fact it may not even hit the US.