The Police reuniting for tour in '07 ??? - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #406
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter

During the webcast they made the mention of the tour being as stripped down a setup as possible, including no extra musicians.

I read as being a 360 setup in Arenas. I'd also like to see them turn down the chance of selling those tickets if fans are clamouring for any chance to see the band.

Did the Police ever do 360 setups in the 80's?

u2fp
By 360 setup, I mean simply allowing seats behind the stage to be sold, not that the stage would be in the center of the Arena like on Def Leppards Hysteria and Adrenalize tours. The Police stage will be at one end just like it is for most artist and for U2's arena shows.

In the industry, going 360 means selling seats behind the stage. The Police always had a 360 set up with seats being sold behind the stage in the early 1980s.

The Police shows prior to release of Outlandos D Amour, the tour for Outlandos D Amour, for Reggatta De Blanc, for Zenyatta Mondatta were all in the strictly 3 piece format of just Sting Bass/vocals, Andy Guitar/vocals, Stewart Drums/vocals. Thats how they played from January 1977 through the end of the Zenyatta Mondatta tour in March 1981.

For the Ghost in the Machine Tour, the Police added a horn section called "chops". It was 3 horn players who usually played on every song and gave the band sort of a Ska Jazzy feel, as well as being able to play the songs on Ghost In The Machine which made heavy use of horns.

For the Synchronicity Tour, the horns were dropped, and they added three back up singers. This was the only Police tour that used back up singers.

For this tour in 2007-2008, it appears it will just be the three of them like it was for most of the years they were together with the exception of the last two tours.

Stewart did ask the fans at the press conference if they wanted a) back up singers b) Andy and Stewart on back up vocals c) or backing tracks with Stings vocals

Fans of course rejected options a and c, but Stewart made it clear he is not really for option b.

It think the best option is just have the 3 of them and forget the backing vocals. Some songs will sound a little different, but thats ok, and Sting has made it work on several of his solo tours where he had only 4 pieces and no backing vocals.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #407
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:32 AM
WTF!! It figures they have to come to Boston in July. I'm never going to see this band.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #408
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by sami0201
How did people get presale codes? Glad to see that there will be a date in Miami...would have been too crazy to fly somewhere to see them in late summer/fall because that's when I first start college!
Do you know what the date for the Miami show is? There may be some shows that will not take place until November. They plan to play from May 28 to the first week of August in North America, European leg starts at the end of August, 2nd North America leg starts at the end of October, and then I would presume Mexico, South America, Australia, Japan, New Zealand will be in early 2008.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #409
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
WTF!! It figures they have to come to Boston in July. I'm never going to see this band.
They have only released a few of the dates so far, 13 I think. There are going to be potentially 120 worldwide. Two North American legs. If your not going to be in Boston in July, they may return there in November or perhaps Hartford or Providence which are not too far from Boston. Plus, there will be other shows in all parts of North America and the world.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:31 PM   #410
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:32 AM
Preliminary lists have Hartford on there, so they will be back in New England later.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #411
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Quote:
Originally posted by Pop Artist

BTW, any Reward Zone member not interested in The Police out there? I need just one ($90 pref.) for NYC...

Anybody here have a code for Dallas?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #412
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
www.ticketsnow.com already has Police tickets for sale.

http://www.ticketsnow.com/Concert_Ti...4&SearchPath=1

Floor tickets for Madison Square Garden are available with the low priced ones at $6,720 dollars a ticket for 11th row center tickets and $11,200 dollars for 5th row center tickets!!!

Now this is BULLSHIT!!!!!

As much as I hate Ticketbastard, I wish they had all the tickets. How are these brokers getting away with this and it still being legal?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:16 AM   #413
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra

Now this is BULLSHIT!!!!!

As much as I hate Ticketbastard, I wish they had all the tickets. How are these brokers getting away with this and it still being legal?
At ticketsnow.com, the average ticket price for a ticket to one of the Madison Square Garden shows is $2,112 dollars!!! The cheap tickets start at $310 dollars, with the most expensive being $11,200 dollars for 5th row stage center. If there able to sell 5th row tickets at that price, I wonder what front row would go for?

Average ticket price in more of a secondary market like St. Louis is $500 dollars.

Remember, this is a ticket broker, not actually what tickets cost from ticketmaster.

Those prices are $50, $90, $225.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 AM   #414
Refugee

Quote:

At ticketsnow.com, the average ticket price for a ticket to one of the Madison Square Garden shows is $2,112 dollars!!! The cheap tickets start at $310 dollars, with the most expensive being $11,200 dollars for 5th row stage center. If there able to sell 5th row tickets at that price, I wonder what front row would go for?

Average ticket price in more of a secondary market like St. Louis is $500 dollars.

Remember, this is a ticket broker, not actually what tickets cost from ticketmaster.

Those prices are $50, $90, $225.

Oh I know. I'll only buy from Ticketmaster. I can't handle those other prices.

Besides I'll be looking for tickets in Dallas anyway.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:01 AM   #415
Refugee

How ass-backwards is this???

Internet Presale Info
Best Buy Presale:
Start:Tue, 02/13/07 12:00 PM EST
End:Fri, 02/16/07 12:00 PM EST

Fan Club Presale:
Start:Wed, 02/14/07 12:00 PM EST

BEST BUY GETS IN A DAY BEFORE THE $100 FAN CLUB MEMBERS?!?!?!?!?!

THIS IS MESSED UP!!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:05 AM   #416
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
How ass-backwards is this???

Internet Presale Info
Best Buy Presale:
Start:Tue, 02/13/07 12:00 PM EST

Fan Club Presale:
Start:Wed, 02/14/07 12:00 PM EST

BEST BUY GETS IN A DAY BEFORE THE $100 FAN CLUB MEMBERS?!?!?!?!?!

THIS IS MESSED UP!!!!!
Thats true, but their a tour sponser, so I guess it was part of the deal. Police fans who were already members of best buy won't mind though. Another thing is that Best Buy may have been allotted a certain number of tickets of equal value for the fan club members.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:05 AM   #417
Refugee

FYI -

The Police alerts are now available on Ticketmaster.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:09 AM   #418
Refugee

Quote:

Thats true, but their a tour sponser, so I guess it was part of the deal. Police fans who were already members of best buy won't mind though. Another thing is that Best Buy may have been allotted a certain number of tickets of equal value for the fan club members.

It just smells like Vertigo madness all over again.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:17 AM   #419
Refugee

Sting2 - I was just wondering that if this...

Beginning Wednesday February 14 at 12:00pm, you can purchase tickets before the general public by ordering The Police Tour Fan Club Membership during the presale as part of your ticket purchase transaction, which will cost another $100 USD.
In approximately 10 business days, The Police Tour Fan Club will send you an email so that you can then activate your membership.

...then does that mean that this Best Buy thing will only be good for the NY and Boston shows? Or does Dallas have it's own code with BB, and when Dallas does go on sale later, will it be BB people first then fan club members second?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:54 AM   #420
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
The Police shows prior to release of Outlandos D Amour, the tour for Outlandos D Amour, for Reggatta De Blanc, for Zenyatta Mondatta were all in the strictly 3 piece format of just Sting Bass/vocals, Andy Guitar/vocals, Stewart Drums/vocals. Thats how they played from January 1977 through the end of the Zenyatta Mondatta tour in March 1981.
Sting can be seen playing a foot operated organ during several songs in the Gateshead footage - linked about 38 pages ago in this thread.

Jamshowbiz in Canada is now claiming that Sting's son's band is the opening act for the entire tour. It also says that Edmonton is likely a stadium show between the Vancouver opening and Seattle.