The Police reuniting for tour in '07 ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks STING2 :up:

Oh, and I still didn't win the lottery on Sunday, but I think I matched the Mega number, so I get a buck back. I can put it in the Police fund :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Where's the Philadelphia date? :grumpy:

Philadelphia and Washington DC are two large markets, but as of right now, nothing has been announced. I did see one list that mentioned Washington DC/Baltimore. They are probably going to wait to see how tickets sell this weekend in Canada and later on Tuesday for New York and Boston, in order to determine when and what venue they will play in Washington DC and Philadelphia.

Its only a rumor, but they might play Washington DC in July/August, and wait to play Philadelphia in November after they finish the European tour.

one4u2 said:

Floor tickets for 11k :lmao:

There are second level close to the back of the arena tickets going for nearly 2k.

Looks like most other dates are waiting to see how the shows this weekend sale before they put up tickets for sale.

Last edited:
Damn. I'm going to hear jokes about 2K Police tickets all year. I'm going to try to go to a show but with prices like this it's unlikely that I'll make it.

verte76 said:
Damn. I'm going to hear jokes about 2K Police tickets all year. I'm going to try to go to a show but with prices like this it's unlikely that I'll make it.

Ticketmaster prices are $50, $90, and $225. As long as you can get tickets through ticketmaster, you won't have to worry about thousand dollar tickets. You can improve your chances by getting a Police fan club membership for $100 at www.thepolicetour.com . Yep, its a lot for a membership, but if you look at it as simply the additional cost of the tickets you buy, especially if your buying four tickets, its not all that much, plus it nearly insures you'll get tickets to the show you want to see and you won't have to pay scalper prices if the show sales out before your able to obtain tickets.

martha said:

I'll probably give those a shot.

Give the $90 dollar tickets a shot, unless you don't mind sitting behind the stage as that is what I think the $50 dollar tickets will be. I actually don't know if they will have rear stage seating on this tour, which would mean the $50 dollar tickets would be the nosebleads at the back which is actually not bad in a basketball arena.

martha said:
200 clams for a ticket? Poor boys don't have enough money. :sad:

A-reserve for U2 in Australia was A$200 :shrug: (GAs were A$99).

And as for what the Police might be asking to be paid, the fact that Aus/NZ got fucked around for most of 2005 before any tour announcement was made obviously shows that they were asking more than most promoters were willing to cough up.

(and let's not get into why we never got Elevation :mad: )

STING2 said:

Give the $90 dollar tickets a shot, unless you don't mind sitting behind the stage as that is what I think the $50 dollar tickets will be. I actually don't know if they will have rear stage seating on this tour, which would mean the $50 dollar tickets would be the nosebleads at the back which is actually not bad in a basketball arena.

During the webcast they made the mention of the tour being as stripped down a setup as possible, including no extra musicians.

I read as being a 360 setup in Arenas. I'd also like to see them turn down the chance of selling those tickets if fans are clamouring for any chance to see the band.

Did the Police ever do 360 setups in the 80's?

u2fp

STING2 said:
There has been a massive sales increase for The Police catalog on Amazon.com. Two months ago, these albums were stuck between ranks of 3,000 to 8,000, and now:

Synchronicity #159
Regatta De Blanc #306
Zenyatta Mondatta #307
Outlandos D' Amour #315
Ghost In The Machine #317

Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings #478

Message In A Box is 4 CD's with all 69 original Police songs plus a couple of remix's and some live tracks.

Synchronicity #121
Zenyatta Mondatta #182
Regatta De Blanc #187
Ghost In The Machine #202
Outlandos D Amour #204

Every Breath You Take: The Classics #245

Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings #398

Live! #601

How did people get presale codes? Glad to see that there will be a date in Miami...would have been too crazy to fly somewhere to see them in late summer/fall because that's when I first start college!

U2FanPeter said:

During the webcast they made the mention of the tour being as stripped down a setup as possible, including no extra musicians.

I read as being a 360 setup in Arenas. I'd also like to see them turn down the chance of selling those tickets if fans are clamouring for any chance to see the band.

Did the Police ever do 360 setups in the 80's?

u2fp

By 360 setup, I mean simply allowing seats behind the stage to be sold, not that the stage would be in the center of the Arena like on Def Leppards Hysteria and Adrenalize tours. The Police stage will be at one end just like it is for most artist and for U2's arena shows.

In the industry, going 360 means selling seats behind the stage. The Police always had a 360 set up with seats being sold behind the stage in the early 1980s.

The Police shows prior to release of Outlandos D Amour, the tour for Outlandos D Amour, for Reggatta De Blanc, for Zenyatta Mondatta were all in the strictly 3 piece format of just Sting Bass/vocals, Andy Guitar/vocals, Stewart Drums/vocals. Thats how they played from January 1977 through the end of the Zenyatta Mondatta tour in March 1981.

For the Ghost in the Machine Tour, the Police added a horn section called "chops". It was 3 horn players who usually played on every song and gave the band sort of a Ska Jazzy feel, as well as being able to play the songs on Ghost In The Machine which made heavy use of horns.

For the Synchronicity Tour, the horns were dropped, and they added three back up singers. This was the only Police tour that used back up singers.

For this tour in 2007-2008, it appears it will just be the three of them like it was for most of the years they were together with the exception of the last two tours.

Stewart did ask the fans at the press conference if they wanted a) back up singers b) Andy and Stewart on back up vocals c) or backing tracks with Stings vocals

Fans of course rejected options a and c, but Stewart made it clear he is not really for option b.

It think the best option is just have the 3 of them and forget the backing vocals. Some songs will sound a little different, but thats ok, and Sting has made it work on several of his solo tours where he had only 4 pieces and no backing vocals.

sami0201 said:
How did people get presale codes? Glad to see that there will be a date in Miami...would have been too crazy to fly somewhere to see them in late summer/fall because that's when I first start college!

Do you know what the date for the Miami show is? There may be some shows that will not take place until November. They plan to play from May 28 to the first week of August in North America, European leg starts at the end of August, 2nd North America leg starts at the end of October, and then I would presume Mexico, South America, Australia, Japan, New Zealand will be in early 2008.

U2Girl1978 said:
WTF!! It figures they have to come to Boston in July. :angry: I'm never going to see this band.

They have only released a few of the dates so far, 13 I think. There are going to be potentially 120 worldwide. Two North American legs. If your not going to be in Boston in July, they may return there in November or perhaps Hartford or Providence which are not too far from Boston. Plus, there will be other shows in all parts of North America and the world.

STING2 said:
www.ticketsnow.com already has Police tickets for sale.

http://www.ticketsnow.com/Concert_T...258ABCA0BC144025B6C0E5AE771AE294&SearchPath=1

Floor tickets for Madison Square Garden are available with the low priced ones at $6,720 dollars a ticket for 11th row center tickets and $11,200 dollars for 5th row center tickets!!!

Now this is BULLSHIT!!!!!

As much as I hate Ticketbastard, I wish they had all the tickets. How are these brokers getting away with this and it still being legal?

Allegra said:

Now this is BULLSHIT!!!!!

As much as I hate Ticketbastard, I wish they had all the tickets. How are these brokers getting away with this and it still being legal?

At ticketsnow.com, the average ticket price for a ticket to one of the Madison Square Garden shows is $2,112 dollars!!! The cheap tickets start at $310 dollars, with the most expensive being $11,200 dollars for 5th row stage center. If there able to sell 5th row tickets at that price, I wonder what front row would go for?

Average ticket price in more of a secondary market like St. Louis is $500 dollars.

Remember, this is a ticket broker, not actually what tickets cost from ticketmaster.

Those prices are $50, $90, $225.

STING2 said:

At ticketsnow.com, the average ticket price for a ticket to one of the Madison Square Garden shows is $2,112 dollars!!! The cheap tickets start at $310 dollars, with the most expensive being $11,200 dollars for 5th row stage center. If there able to sell 5th row tickets at that price, I wonder what front row would go for?

Average ticket price in more of a secondary market like St. Louis is $500 dollars.

Remember, this is a ticket broker, not actually what tickets cost from ticketmaster.

Those prices are $50, $90, $225.

Oh I know. I'll only buy from Ticketmaster. I can't handle those other prices.

Besides I'll be looking for tickets in Dallas anyway.

How ass-backwards is this???

Internet Presale Info
Best Buy Presale:
Start:Tue, 02/13/07 12:00 PM EST
End:Fri, 02/16/07 12:00 PM EST

Fan Club Presale:
Start:Wed, 02/14/07 12:00 PM EST

BEST BUY GETS IN A DAY BEFORE THE $100 FAN CLUB MEMBERS?!?!?!?!?!

THIS IS MESSED UP!!!!!

Allegra said:
How ass-backwards is this???

Internet Presale Info
Best Buy Presale:
Start:Tue, 02/13/07 12:00 PM EST

Fan Club Presale:
Start:Wed, 02/14/07 12:00 PM EST

BEST BUY GETS IN A DAY BEFORE THE $100 FAN CLUB MEMBERS?!?!?!?!?!

THIS IS MESSED UP!!!!!

Thats true, but their a tour sponser, so I guess it was part of the deal. Police fans who were already members of best buy won't mind though. Another thing is that Best Buy may have been allotted a certain number of tickets of equal value for the fan club members.

Sting2 - I was just wondering that if this...

Beginning Wednesday February 14 at 12:00pm, you can purchase tickets before the general public by ordering The Police Tour Fan Club Membership during the presale as part of your ticket purchase transaction, which will cost another $100 USD.
In approximately 10 business days, The Police Tour Fan Club will send you an email so that you can then activate your membership.

...then does that mean that this Best Buy thing will only be good for the NY and Boston shows? Or does Dallas have it's own code with BB, and when Dallas does go on sale later, will it be BB people first then fan club members second?

STING2 said:
The Police shows prior to release of Outlandos D Amour, the tour for Outlandos D Amour, for Reggatta De Blanc, for Zenyatta Mondatta were all in the strictly 3 piece format of just Sting Bass/vocals, Andy Guitar/vocals, Stewart Drums/vocals. Thats how they played from January 1977 through the end of the Zenyatta Mondatta tour in March 1981.

Sting can be seen playing a foot operated organ during several songs in the Gateshead footage - linked about 38 pages ago in this thread.

Jamshowbiz in Canada is now claiming that Sting's son's band is the opening act for the entire tour. It also says that Edmonton is likely a stadium show between the Vancouver opening and Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom