The Police reuniting for tour in '07 ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: They're back!

edgeboy said:

"Additional North American concert dates in Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Edmonton, Hartford, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia, Tampa, San Francisco's Bay Area, Minneapolis/St. Paul and the Washington/Baltimore area will be announced in the next few weeks. "

Woo hoo! :hyper:

I'm with fah. I think I'll go for the $90 tickets.

Well, here is the big question for these Arena shows. What type of tickets and how many tickets will be at the following prices $50, $90, and $225? One idea is that all $50 dollar tickets will be behind the stage, $225 tickets will be floor tickets, and the rest will be in the $90 dollar range. It would be nice to know how many $225 tickets there will be and where as it will help be determine what price level they want to go for. If, $225 is the entire floor and the entire first level of the arena, your going to have a lot of people wishing they attempted to go for that price level instead of the $90 level.

Or the $90 and $50 tickets will sell out first, leaving only $225 seats available for late comers. That's what happened when the Rolling Stones last played arenas in the states. The most expensive seats were the last ones left. Of course, they were more than $225 too :yikes:.

That said, I don't think $225 is horrible for one person. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay. But if you want to take someone else with you (like Lila taking Maddy), it really adds up.

Last edited:
STING2 said:

U2 could very well be charging that price on their next tour. They were up to $160 in 2005.

lets just hope they remember their younger fans dont have fulltime jobs and their older fans have families to feed :yes:

I agree with vaz02! But I'm sure the band or promoters don't care. They will get the money easily. I heard on the radio that tickets for NY/MSG shows were already "on sale" for between $284-10,000! (I haven't been to ebay today).

I'd like to take Maddy, but I have a feeling she probably doesn't care much. But for history of the band and this reunion, I think she should go.

Lila64 said:

Guess they like their clams :shrug: :wink:

How's about instituting a student rate. I can't pay $200 for my ticket, yet alone to maybe take Maddy for another $200!

Mofos!
biting.gif

So can I use your code :shifty:

martha said:

And I didn't pay the top price for them either because I thought it was too damn much.

Well, the $50 dollar and $90 dollar tickets are right in line with U2's price levels. Only the $225 tickets are significantly ahead.

kellyahern said:
Or the $90 and $50 tickets will sell out first, leaving only $225 seats available for late comers. That's what happened when the Rolling Stones last played arenas in the states. The most expensive seats were the last ones left. Of course, they were more than $225 too :yikes:.

That said, I don't think $225 is horrible for one person. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay. But if you want to take someone else with you (like Lila taking Maddy), it really adds up.

Go to the www.thepolicetour.com and you can become a member for $100 dollars and get access to the pre-sale. Its one way to insure that your not faced with paying $225 a ticket if the lower prices sellout before you get a chance to buy them in the general on sale to the public. If you buy 4 tickets, the membership cost is simply a $25 dollar extra charge to each ticket.

Lila64 said:
I agree with vaz02! But I'm sure the band or promoters don't care. They will get the money easily. I heard on the radio that tickets for NY/MSG shows were already "on sale" for between $284-10,000! (I haven't been to ebay today).

I'd like to take Maddy, but I have a feeling she probably doesn't care much. But for history of the band and this reunion, I think she should go.

I think they might be playing a stadium in the LA area as it list Los Angeles/Anaheim in one of the tour list of additional cities.

STING2 said:
Well, here is the big question for these Arena shows. What type of tickets and how many tickets will be at the following prices $50, $90, and $225? One idea is that all $50 dollar tickets will be behind the stage, $225 tickets will be floor tickets, and the rest will be in the $90 dollar range. It would be nice to know how many $225 tickets there will be and where as it will help be determine what price level they want to go for. If, $225 is the entire floor and the entire first level of the arena, your going to have a lot of people wishing they attempted to go for that price level instead of the $90 level.

During the press conference the LN guy said the average ticket price is less than $100. The Same average as U2 Vertigo and, IIRC, 90% of the tickets available to the Stones last tour.

My estimation is that for a 21,000 Arena(with behind the stage) it would mean 7,000 - $50 tickets, 7,000 - $90 tickets and 7,000 - $225 tickets.

u2fp

I think I'm going to go. I've been a rewardzone member since 2004, so getting the tickets I want won't be a problem.

I hope I can convince my godmother to go; she saw them during the GITM tour and when I told her they were reuniting she told me to keep her posted.

U2FanPeter said:

During the press conference the LN guy said the average ticket price is less than $100. The Same average as U2 Vertigo and, IIRC, 90% of the tickets available to the Stones last tour.

My estimation is that for a 21,000 Arena(with behind the stage) it would mean 7,000 - $50 tickets, 7,000 - $90 tickets and 7,000 - $225 tickets.

u2fp

If that allotment of tickets is correct, then the average price of tickets would be 121 dollars a ticket. An Arena show with those prices and numbers of tickets would produce a gross of $2,554,999.

For the average ticket price to be below $100 dollars for a North America Arena you would need a price distribution like this: 2,000 - $50 tickets, 17,000 - $90 tickets and 2,000 $225 tickets. That would be an average ticket price of $99.

In that situation, the floor and only the floor with be the $225 ticket range. All other tickets would be $90 dollars, except the 2nd level behind the stage which would be $50. This is actually probably how its going to be done.

one4u2 said:

So can I use your code :shifty:

No, sorry.

STING2 - The Los Angeles/Anaheim "date" could mean they are planning to play Staples Center in downtown L.A. as well as the Anaheim Pond. U2 played both venues as well, back in April 2005, and then returned to L.A. only in November 2005. Perhaps that is their plan. I don't recall if San Diego was on the list, but if not, Anaheim would be the closest venue to SD fans as well as OC fans.

And the code you get with Best Buy Rewards program is only good for 2 tickets to one show. I can't see why someone would pay $100 for the "chance" to buy tickets first. It still doesn't guarantee anything (nor does the Best Buy offer). Unless part of it was refunded or went towards the price of tickets OR if a significant amount was going to a worthy charity.

Years ago I met someone at a party who worked for Clear Channel. She said the artist determines how much money they want in order to play. For example, if Paul McCartney states he wants a million dollars to play a venue (Staples Center), then the ticket prices will be reflected accordingly. PM tickets are always a fortune. So if the prices are what they are for The Police, it's because of the $$$ amount they have set/want to be paid to play. I think :shifty: STING2 will correct me if I'm wrong :wink:

STING2 - can I ask you something... What do you do that you know all the info that you know? I would have PMed you or emailed you, but there is no way to do so thru this site. If you want to respond privately, I'm at: madeleines mom at yahoo dot com. If not, I respect your privacy :)

Last edited:
For anyone who is a Rewards Zone card member with Best Buy. You can buy your tickets early.

STING2 said:

If that allotment of tickets is correct, then the average price of tickets would be 121 dollars a ticket. An Arena show with those prices and numbers of tickets would produce a gross of $2,554,999.

For the average ticket price to be below $100 dollars for a North America Arena you would need a price distribution like this: 2,000 - $50 tickets, 17,000 - $90 tickets and 2,000 $225 tickets. That would be an average ticket price of $99.

In that situation, the floor and only the floor with be the $225 ticket range. All other tickets would be $90 dollars, except the 2nd level behind the stage which would be $50. This is actually probably how its going to be done.

Thanks for correcting my "headmath"

Although there is several different possibilties on how the breakdown could work.

I'm curious how the breakdown might work in stadiums.

It's also worth noting that Canada has virtually the same ticket prices as the US. Canada may have a higher percentage of high priced tickets to make up the difference.

u2fp

I may have an extra code for someone here. I wont charge :wink: . But I won't know until the second leg of the tour is announced.

Lila64 said:

No, sorry.

STING2 - The Los Angeles/Anaheim "date" could mean they are planning to play Staples Center in downtown L.A. as well as the Anaheim Pond. U2 played both venues as well, back in April 2005, and then returned to L.A. only in November 2005. Perhaps that is their plan. I don't recall if San Diego was on the list, but if not, Anaheim would be the closest venue to SD fans as well as OC fans.

And the code you get with Best Buy Rewards program is only good for 2 tickets to one show. I can't see why someone would pay $100 for the "chance" to buy tickets first. It still doesn't guarantee anything (nor does the Best Buy offer). Unless part of it was refunded or went towards the price of tickets OR if a significant amount was going to a worthy charity.

Years ago I met someone at a party who worked for Clear Channel. She said the artist determines how much money they want in order to play. For example, if Paul McCartney states he wants a million dollars to play a venue (Staples Center), then the ticket prices will be reflected accordingly. PM tickets are always a fortune. So if the prices are what they are for The Police, it's because of the $$$ amount they have set/want to be paid to play. I think :shifty: STING2 will correct me if I'm wrong :wink:

STING2 - can I ask you something... What do you do that you know all the info that you know? I would have PMed you or emailed you, but there is no way to do so thru this site. If you want to respond privately, I'm at: madeleines mom at yahoo dot com. If not, I respect your privacy :)

Thats right, thanks for reminding me about The Pond. Whatever the offer The Police got, it was based on what promoters think a Police tour could do 23 years after they broke up in 1984. Its really about the estimated level of demand in the market place, the number shows the band plans to play, as well as the size of the venues. Essentially, supply of tickets vs. public demand for tickets, equals average ticket price. With that estimated information, the promoter can make the artist an offer. But what is offered is based on what the promoter thinks the market is willing to support.

Originally, it was rumored that the tour would be only 3 to 4 months and maybe 50 shows. Now it appears that the tour will be at least a year and mabye 120 shows.

I think the reason that more dates, shows, and venues have not been released yet is that the promoters want to see how ticket sales go for the 3 Canadian shows this Saturday and the New York and Boston shows on Tuesday. Depending on how fast tickets sell in those markets, they will begin to finalize the rest of the tour, including number of shows and venue size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom