The Police reuniting for tour in '07 ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehearsal pics!

12672908.jpg
12672909.jpg

12672804.jpg
12668202.jpg
12668340.jpg

more here:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====257248&nbc1=1

Word has leaked from someone at the rehearsal as to what song will performed. Rather than spoiling the fun I'll just say the song itself was written almost exactly 30 years ago.

Also, Eddie Murphy did a cool quasi-cover of the song.

You know, I never was really waiting for The Police to reunite. I always kind of thought they broke up a the right time, never had a bad album, kind of like this perfect short body of work, etc.

But now that they are reuniting, I'm really excited about it. :hyper: Yay! :applaud:.

U2FanPeter said:
Word has leaked from someone at the rehearsal as to what song will performed. Rather than spoiling the fun I'll just say the song itself was written almost exactly 30 years ago.

Also, Eddie Murphy did a cool quasi-cover of the song.

They just said it on the news :|

There has been a massive sales increase for The Police catalog on Amazon.com. Two months ago, these albums were stuck between ranks of 3,000 to 8,000, and now:

Synchronicity #159
Regatta De Blanc #306
Zenyatta Mondatta #307
Outlandos D' Amour #315
Ghost In The Machine #317

Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings #478

Message In A Box is 4 CD's with all 69 original Police songs plus a couple of remix's and some live tracks.

I thought they were great at the Grammy's. I especially loved Sting's intro at the beginning, and his leap into the air at the end. Just like old times! :D

I'm relieved they sounded better than they did four years ago. LOL. On the other hand, it did seem somewhat restrained... I can't wait to see if they really cut loose when they start touring, reclaim some of that energy they had at their peak (even if Andy is 64! *g*)

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:

Elsewhere on the net, without source, it listed MSG as Aug. 1 and 3.

They're doing two nights each in stadiums elsewhere but an arena here in NYC? Oh great, while I generally do like arenas better, it's gonna be even more impossible to get tix here, unless they are also doing a night at Giants Stadium. :|

OK y'all...are you sitting down?

I just looked on Ticketbastard and of course I could not find any Police tickets. But what I did find was "The Police Fan Club Membership."

United States Of America

Sat, 07/28/07
07:00 AM THE POLICE FAN CLUB MEMBERSHIP

Fenway Park
Boston, MA $100 [US dollars]

Dates Scheduled in Other Countries

Sun, 07/22/07
07:30 AM THE POLICE FAN CLUB MEMBERSHIP

Air Canada Centre
Toronto, ON $120 [CA dollars]

Wed, 07/25/07

Centre Bell Centre
Montreal, QC $120 [CA dollars]

Look at it for yourself right here...

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1104635

Now I'm getting scared. If the fan club is $100, I wonder what ticket prices will be and too I wonder what you get by being in the fan club.

*biting nails*

Allegra said:
OK y'all...are you sitting down?

I just looked on Ticketbastard and of course I could not find any Police tickets. But what I did find was "The Police Fan Club Membership."

United States Of America

Sat, 07/28/07
07:00 AM THE POLICE FAN CLUB MEMBERSHIP

Fenway Park
Boston, MA $100 [US dollars]

Dates Scheduled in Other Countries

Sun, 07/22/07

Air Canada Centre
Toronto, ON $120 [CA dollars]

Wed, 07/25/07

Centre Bell Centre
Montreal, QC $120 [CA dollars]

Look at it for yourself right here...

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1104635

Now I'm getting scared. If the fan club is $100, I wonder what ticket prices will be and too I wonder what you get by being in the fan club.

*biting nails*

I'm thinking the pricing might be the same - you just get first crack at tickets by being in the fan club.

At least, that's my guess.

And $100 isn't as bad as I thought this would be, although it's still a lot.

Pop Artist said:

They're doing two nights each in stadiums elsewhere but an arena here in NYC? Oh great, while I generally do like arenas better, it's gonna be even more impossible to get tix here, unless they are also doing a night at Giants Stadium. :|

I hear ya, but there is no way Im not there! If I got 5 U2 shows which were also tough, Ill get those ;)

U2FanPeter said:

please actually read the link I made about 12 posts ago.

cdn$225/90/50

Found it! Thanks! Somehow I missed that :huh:

Well, at least it's looking like around U2's prices, so that's good.

But I'm still wondering about that fan club. Yeah, they might give me a presale code, but what else? Will there be $50 on the floor or just in the upper balcony?

Any info on where these prices are located in the arena?

Just weighing my options here... :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom