The Police Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry but them traffic cops piss me off big time, and I can't apreciate them at all. Why are they always hanging around on the roads, aint they got real criminals to catch!:wink:

I didn't see it, but you know what I used to love? The mtv unplugged from around 1990 when he released the sould cages. I used to have that and watched it alot.

Geez I really never new how talented Sting is, I had no idea that Sting even knew how to play guitar very good until late 80's. I am very curious now about The Polices writing process, I always figured that Sting would come up with the lyrics , bass line, and the melody(with keyboard or vocals) and then the song would evolve from there. I truly am amazed at how talented Sting is, and where he finds the time to master all those insturments. The 2 most origanal bands of the 80's have to be U2 and The Police.

P.S. Is there a good site on the internet I can read about The Polices writing process?

Originally posted by jkid
Sting did Unplugged?

Sure did, back in the 90's !! :bow:
Every so often, you can catch this show on MTV ... they show past episodes of Unplugged with alot of different artists, not just Sting !! :up:

Originally posted by jkid
Can you get on DVD or CD?

I don't believe it's ever been released on DVD or CD ... :tsk:
I once had it recorded on VHS, but as of now that tape has worn very badly and it's no longer a good copy !! :sad:

Hey, MsMofoGone (or anybody else who knows this). I just saw the DVD on sale on Ebay and I might just get it. But, it doesn't have the set list. Do you know what it is? Is it worth getting? Thanks.

The Police are my second favorite band :applaud:!

Going back to the topic of how bad some of their videos are, has anyone ever seen Syncronicity II? Holy crap, that video is hilariously bad!

For the most part I don't care for Sting's solowork though there are a few songs that I absolutely love such as Fields of Gold and Fortress Around Your Heart.

Here are my top 10 in no particular order, though they might be different on some other day:
Wrapped Around Your Finger
Syncronicity II
Does Everyone Stare
Spirits in the Material World
Darkness (written by stewart copeland, so no knocking his song writing abililites :angry:!!)
Can't Stand Losing You
King of Pain
OmegaMan (written by Andy :angry:)
When the World is Running Down You blah blah.....

Last edited:
Holy crap, I thought you were dead ILLM. I'm so disappointed. :wink:
Take that. TAKE THAT!1!

Yeah, Police were good. These days I wish Sting would play more bass and keep his mouth shut.

Last edited:
I come back from the dead and this is the welcome I get :sad:

and I agree.

You should check out my thread in IO, i think you would like it :wink:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
The Police are my second favorite band :applaud:!

Going back to the topic of how bad some of their videos are, has anyone ever seen Syncronicity II? Holy crap, that video is hilariously bad!

For the most part I don't care for Sting's solowork though there are a few songs that I absolutely love such as Fields of Gold and Fortress Around Your Heart.

Here are my top 10 in no particular order, though they might be different on some other day:
Wrapped Around Your Finger
Syncronicity II
Does Everyone Stare
Spirits in the Material World
Darkness (written by stewart copeland, so no knocking his song writing abililites :angry:!!)
Can't Stand Losing You
King of Pain
OmegaMan (written by Andy :angry:)
When the World is Running Down You blah blah.....

Where's "Message In A Bottle"?

Well well well........

The police were my first band that I really liked, I think. Back when I didn't know what the radio was, or anything. I just heard music when I was little.

Favorite Police Song......

Hmm............

always liked Syncronicity II

Dee Doo Doo Doo ... was always nice, different.
Everylittle thing she does is magic was sort of nice, too.

But I will always think of Roxanne when I think of the Police.
Great drums, everything.

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXANNE.... you don't have to wear that dress tonight...."

ILuvLarryMullen said:

Does Everyone Stare
Darkness
OmegaMan

:bow: :applaud:

Those are my favorite non-hit songs by The Police too !! :wink:

I'd also include ...

Hole In My Life
Masoko Tanga
Reggatta De Blanc
Bring On The Night
Contact
Voices Inside My Head
Shadows In The Rain
Rehumanize Yourself

MsMofoGone said:

:bow: :applaud:

Those are my favorite non-hit songs by The Police too !! :wink:

I'd also include ...

Hole In My Life
Masoko Tanga
Reggatta De Blanc
Bring On The Night
Contact
Voices Inside My Head
Shadows In The Rain
Rehumanize Yourself

Where's "Murder By Numbers"? That wasn't too much of a hit was it? It's got a solid pop chorus structure going on, but I don't remember it being a hit. Probably due to its real snazzy, almost jazzy feel.

Layton said:

Where's "Murder By Numbers"? That wasn't too much of a hit was it? It's got a solid pop chorus structure going on, but I don't remember it being a hit. Probably due to its real snazzy, almost jazzy feel.

It was a B-Side on the Every Breath You Take Single ... that is why I didn't include it in my list ... but, definitely another GREAT song !! :bow:

Back
Top Bottom