The player that everyone likes but you can't stand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate Peyton Manning. At least now he's won a superbowl so some of the hype is deserved...but it was painful to watch him come up small in playoff game after playoff game, only to hear the supposed "experts" continue to fellate him on ESPN etc. When the guy throws 4 picks and his team loses, it isn't his defense's fault.

Same goes for Lebron James. Win something, at all. Then we can talk. He probably will eventually, when he bails on Cleveland and jumps to a better squad...then I can hate him for that.

Oh and I hate Ichiro. Guy comes off as incredibly selfish to me. When he was going for the hits record he came up late in a game, M's down a run, guy on 2B...now he's the best player on the team, he's the guy you want to try and drive in the run (all he'd need is a single). Well he goes up and tries to bunt for a hit...screw winning, I want that record. Screw him. And all this "could hit 40 HR's if he wanted to"...oh yeah, who'd want to be Albert Pujols when you can be punch & judy slap hitting Ichiro, the Japanese Juan Pierre. OK.

randhail said:
All Philly fans are just sad, jealous, bitter people. :wink:

doctorwho said:
One of the wisest statements made on Interference. Well done! :applaud: :bow: :love:

Guess what?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I FUCKING HATE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH, HOMETOWN GUY, SO WHAT, I FUCKING HATE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY, FRANCISCO RODRIGUEZ K-ROD; EAT SHIT AND DIE!!!

r359555598.jpg

I get Acid-Reflux when this guy wins and this same scene is repeated, so yeah, Phil Mickleson, another So. CA guy, you can also kiss my ass!

050815_mickelson_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

No need to mention how I feel about Michelle Wie... :down:

michelle_wie_260673c-745534.jpg

Last edited:
wow, getting rough in here..Mr. BAW is particularly pissed off!!
GO ANGELS...
anyway..
I can't stand Kobe Bryant, TO(although I don't think many people like him so I guess he doesn't count), Anyone on the St Louis Cardinals, or Brett Favre

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Wayne Gretzky. I get it, I really honestly do, but I just cannot stand him at ALL.

Okay I thought I took to kobe thing really well, but thats just a stab in the heart!

How can you hate wayne??? No one hates wayne! :(

Why is everyone crapping on the best players of each game..

kobe and wayne to name a few :whistle:

Last edited:
tpsreports2424 said:

How can you hate wayne??? No one hates wayne! :(

Exactly! Wayne was my hero growing up. Had the Wayne lunchbox, the "99" jersey (Oilers and Kings)...my life was pretty much centred around him for my entire childhood. I desperately wanted to play hockey, and be just like him...or become a line-mate of his. I'd dream about hearing the Hockey Night in Canada theme playing over a montage of my arrival. The play-by-play guy saying, "Who is this kid from Newfoundland? Wow! He and Gretz have so much chemistry together!" I could go on about Wayne, the goldfish named in his honour (along with Janet...before the gambling), the Wayne doodling at school...but I'll stop.

Except for one last mention. And it's a Great One! :p In game six of the first-round series between his old team, the Oilers, and new team, the Kings, Wayne magically threaded the puck (like a surgeon) between sticks, skates, and everything else to Chris Kontos, who just plopped the puck in the net. It was such a great play, it prompted Harry Neale, the announcer to say, "Bob, how many times do we have to see him do the impossible to realize how great he is?" And this is the best part: "His routine brilliance is his greatest asset." I love that quote. :drool:

angelordevil said:

Exactly! Wayne was my hero growing up. Had the Wayne lunchbox, the "99" jersey (Oilers and Kings)...my life was pretty much centred around him for my entire childhood. I desperately wanted to play hockey, and be just like him...or become a line-mate of his. I'd dream about hearing the Hockey Night in Canada theme playing over a montage of my arrival. The play-by-play guy saying, "Who is this kid from Newfoundland? Wow! He and Gretz have so much chemistry together!" I could go on about Wayne, the goldfish named in his honour (along with Janet...before the gambling), the Wayne doodling at school...but I'll stop.

Except for one last mention. And it's a Great One! :p In game six of the first-round series between his old team, the Oilers, and new team, the Kings, Wayne magically threaded the puck (like a surgeon) between sticks, skates, and everything else to Chris Kontos, who just plopped the puck in the net. It was such a great play, it prompted Harry Neale, the announcer to say, "Bob, how many times do we have to see him do the impossible to realize how great he is?" And this is the best part: "His routine brilliance is his greatest asset." I love that quote. :drool:

When I was younger I had only 3 things in mind...

Loving wayne
Loving the avalanche
hating the red wings

tpsreports2424 said:

When I was younger I had only 3 things in mind...

Loving wayne
Loving the avalanche
hating the red wings

Oh and speaking of the Avs I used to REALLY hate Claude Lemieux, from his Canadiens days. But he doesn't really belong in this thread because everybody hates Claude :)

ET said:
wow, getting rough in here..Mr. BAW is particularly pissed off!!
GO ANGELS...

No, No, No!!! I love the Angels, I HATE K-ROD!!!

Last game I went with a Canadian- tourista; I whinced when K-Rod came running in...and I told her, "Gawd, I hate this guy!" The entire stadium went hush...then the guy two seats away from her, smacks his legs, and says, "Man, I hate this guy!" so I am not alone...what's your emotion when you see him coming into the game??? Mines, "Oh, shit!"

:lol:

Roger Federer.
Yes, a nice guy and a great player but enough with the GREATEST EVER hype already.

Back
Top Bottom