The Pipettes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XHendrix24

Refugee
I've seen absolutely no discussion of this band in here. I am slightly appauled, considering the fact that their self-titled was possibly the most fun album of the year (well, either that or St. Elsewhere).

Think 1960's Phil Spector-esque girl group pop with a slight indie twist to it. Bouncy basslines, glorious string sections, the works. "Pull Shapes" is easily one of the best singles of the year, along with the other singles from the album.

Certainly SOMEONE else here has heard of them? :ohmy:

I've heard of them!

I read a lot of hype about them before I heard any of their songs. A few of them were pretty fun ("Pull Shapes," "It Hurts To See You Dance So Well"), but after 2 or 3 songs, it got a little old.

:shrug:

I was going to write about Victoria Bergsman but then I realized she's in the Concretes, not the Pipettes.

But yes, I've heard nothing but good things about them. Have a friend who raves about them a lot.

corianderstem said:
I've heard of them!

A few of them were pretty fun ("Pull Shapes," "It Hurts To See You Dance So Well"), but after 2 or 3 songs, it got a little old.

I've listened to the album a few times and it's okay. I feel the same way about The Magic Numbers. One or two songs are alright but after that it feels like you've heard everything. :shrug:

they rock! they're so damn funny

"We're the Pipettes" is the best opening track ever, really

great album, nice arrangements, beautiful vocal harmony, catchy tunes and The Cassettes rock too

I've read nothing but good things about them in the magazines. I've been meaning to check them out. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom