The Pianist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
man this is a lethal film!

none of that spielberg hollywood subtlety crap that sort of made schindlers list feel more like a "movie" rather than an "experience", which this film was

the key to watching these Holocaust films is that you watch it with a point of view that the Nazis lose, and those that were badder than the usual bunch, got back what they gave and more

the thing which made this film remarkable was Adrien Brody's performance, especially during the 2nd half of the movie when there was hardly ANY dialogue or AUDIBLE dialogue

anyway definitely a film you have to see once!

I loved this movie. Heartbreaking, astounding... a masterpiece of acting and direction. Adrien Brody was remarkable. :bow:

Yes, it's an amazing film...definitely different from most dealing with the holocaust. It's so beautiful...everyone should see it.

I finally rented it a few weeks ago-absolutely haunting, a masterpiece.

I can't believe Chicago beat it out for best picture-not that I didn't like Chicago, but that was ridiculous. Adrien Brody deserved best actor w/ out a doubt.

i saw the movie back when it first came out and thought it was excellent.

i believe there was a thread here about it a while back.

The most underrated acting in the movie was done by the actor (sorry, I don't remember his name) who played the Nazi that took care of Szpilman (near the end of the movie). He was so subtle and understated, but conveyed the spirit of a man like that so perfectly.

Such an affecting movie. I saw it twice in two different theaters. The second time I saw it in the second-run, art-house theater downtown and there were a lot of older people there from the Conservative synagogue by my house. There was some audible sobbing and gasping throughout the movie, which was just so sad. :(

But yes, an amazing film.

Back
Top Bottom