The phone won't stop ringing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
...and it's pissing me off. :angry:

Don't people know it's rude to call ten minutes before midnight? Honestly, if it rings again I'm going to pick it up, scream into it, and put it back down again.

But if anyone has any other suggestions as to how to deal with the situation, feel free to give them. And don't be all smart-alecky and tell me to simply answer it, because I despise talking on the phone. :madspit:

Okay, WHAT THE HELL? It's ringing again! And the person calling isn't even leaving a bloody message on the answering machine! I'M GOING TO GO INSANE. :yell:

susanp6 said:
Switch the ringer off/unplug it?:huh:

That would be the obvious choice, and I've thought about it. But what if someone calls for an emergency and has to leave a message? I'd pick up then...

I bet anyone here 50 cents that it's my sister's idiot boyfriend whojustsohappenstolookslightlylikeayoungerBono. :mad:

How do you know already that it isn't an emergency? :shrug:

The only time I've ever really been called this late was in emergencies.

DaveC said:
How do you know already that it isn't an emergency? :shrug:

The only time I've ever really been called this late was in emergencies.

Because half the time, it's for my sister. She's one of the popular kids, you see, and her friends really have no concept of time. :wink: Some have even called here past 12. So none of us pick up the phone anymore, because 99% of the time, it's for her.

You're right though, it could be an emergency.

My housemate's bf is like that. He'll call OVER AND OVER for her and NEVER leave a message. Once I was home sick and the phone kept ringing until the machine went on. I never picked it up b/c the only people that have our number are my parents and bf and they'd either know I was home sick or think I was at school. So, he called FIVE TIMES in a span of like 20 minutes and never once just left her a message.

Agreed. Some bastard phoned me at 4.30am and said nothing. We've got seriously ill family members so it scared the living daylights out of me. It must have been a wrong number. I mean, for crying out loud. If you really need to ring me at 5am, go ahead... BUT AT LEAST SPEAK TO ME!!!

KhanadaRhodes said:
have they called anymore :hyper:

No, thank goodness! :dancing:

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
My housemate's bf is like that. He'll call OVER AND OVER for her and NEVER leave a message. Once I was home sick and the phone kept ringing until the machine went on. I never picked it up b/c the only people that have our number are my parents and bf and they'd either know I was home sick or think I was at school. So, he called FIVE TIMES in a span of like 20 minutes and never once just left her a message.

Ugh, that's so annoying! Talk about being needy. And rude. When someone doesn't pick up after the third or fourth time, it should be obvious to the person calling that no one's home/could be bothered to answer.

beatlesboy said:
Sometimes I pay people to call me... :(

There've been times when I've felt like doing that as well. :sad: I don't mind short chats... The last time anyone actually called me for anything other than help with maths homework must have been before Christmas. :(

Back
Top Bottom