The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
So far, we've visited:

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon

And now we're in Ouagadougou, the balmy French-speaking capital of Burkina Faso which is often nicknamed Ouaga. Its primary industries are food processing and textiles.

Wikipedia says:

The name Ouagadougou goes back to the 15th century when the Yonyonse and the Ninsi tribes inhabited the area. They were in constant conflict until 1441 when Wubri, a Yonyonse hero and an important figure in Burkina Faso’s history, led his tribe to victory. He then renamed the area from “Kumbee-Tenga,” as the Ninsi had called it, to “Wogodogo,” meaning "where people get honor and respect." Ouagadougou is a corruption of Wogodogo. The spelling of the name Ouagadougou is derived from the French orthography common in former French African colonies. If English orthography were used (as in Ghana or Nigeria), the spelling would be Wagadugu.

(I like that the name is a corruption of "where people get honor and respect." Fitting.)

Honour and respect? None of that here. Just foul-mouthed sleaze. :wink:

I'm staying on top of this one. I left the last one for a half hour and came back to find discussion of me masturbating because of Varitek.

Sorry, I got distracted talking to a person I know in GASP REAL LIFE and besides I wasn't expecting to do the honors so I didn't have anything ready.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm staying on top of this one. I left the last one for a half hour and came back to find discussion of me masturbating because of Varitek.

I missed this and I do not approve.

phillyfan26 said:

Did you? :lmao:

I came in 17th in the last thread, and 9th in the one before that.

I must improve on these pitiful numbers.

LemonMelon said:

I must've been close to last in the last one.

I did not. As a matter of fact, I was having dinner with my brother because he was confirmed today and I was his sponsor. So, essentially the exact opposite.

And I've not met Varitek ever, either, so there's that.

LemonMelon said:

I have been doing very poorly too.

However I have been doing exceedingly well at real life, outside of school work.

My goal is to post between 40-60 times each thread. I failed epicly last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom