The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:

:angry: Music's supposed to be an escape from real life, damn it. Hence why I listen to it at volumes that drown out all other sounds.

This is true. I hate it when I have headphones on and people just talk more loudly to compensate.

I HAVE THEM ON BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU, DUMBASS.

LemonMelon said:
This is true. I hate it when I have headphones on and people just talk more loudly to compensate.

(12,000 posts! Well done. :hi5: )

My music volume has been a constant conflict in my house for six years. Part of it is because I'm hard of hearing and listen to everything at higher volumes, annoying the rest of my household. Other part being I drown out others with music, and none of them do. My father doesn't even listen to music, so there's that.

I once had someone threaten to call the police on me because of music volume. True story.

LemonMelon said:

I love chatty old codgers on trams and trains who just don't get the concept of an iPod and keep talking to you anyway.

And by love, I mean hate.

phillyfan26 said:

(12,000 posts! Well done. :hi5: )

My music volume has been a constant conflict in my house for six years. Part of it is because I'm hard of hearing and listen to everything at higher volumes, annoying the rest of my household. Other part being I drown out others with music, and none of them do. My father doesn't even listen to music, so there's that.

I once had someone threaten to call the police on me because of music volume. True story.

:rockon: One of my better 1,000 milestone posts, if I say so myself...

Music volume. Well, my folks have no problem with me playing music over speakers, but I never do because they hate much of what I listen to. Just common courtesy, really. I enjoy headphones, but I'm longing for the day music can be wirelessly transfered into your brain.

LemonMelon said:
Music volume. Well, my folks have no problem with me playing music over speakers, but I never do because they hate much of what I listen to. Just common courtesy, really.

I almost always use headphones because, well, the sound quality is better. I only use speakers when I'm doing something out of reach of my headphone cable.

Plus I think I might scare the neighbours with some of my metal.

phillyfan26 said:

My parents can't even pay for my college education.

See: winning the lottery.

Also see: splitting the winnings evenly with Axver.

I can't listen on headphones because then my parents get pissed off when they yell for my attention and I don't respond. So, I listen to music on my iHome. At a relatively low volume.

Axver said:

I love chatty old codgers on trams and trains who just don't get the concept of an iPod and keep talking to you anyway.

And by love, I mean hate.

Describes my father to a T.

Him: You know, back in my day, we didn't wear our hair like that. It was much longer, actually.

Me: *points to headphones*

Him: Those weren't invented until around 1968. We listened to the Beatles on them...it wasn't that great, now that I think of it.

Axver said:

See: winning the lottery.

Also see: splitting the winnings evenly with Axver.

Also see: Winning the lottery, then splitting the winnings with Radiohead on the agreement that they quit.

Damnit, where's Ian? The cricket's starting and only you sporting phailures are around. :tsk:

phillyfan26 said:

Also see: Winning the lottery, then splitting the winnings with Radiohead on the agreement that they quit.

But in this scenario, Radiohead makes money. Can't we make them quit another way?

LemonMelon said:

Him: You know, back in my day, we didn't wear our hair like that. It was much longer, actually.

Him: Those weren't invented until around 1968. We listened to the Beatles on them...it wasn't that great, now that I think of it.

Dad: All you do is sit in your room playing music, playing guitar, and using the computer.

PF26: No, I don't.

Dad: Yes you do.

PF26: Well, I do it a lot, but not all the time.

Dad: What else do you do?

PF26: Go to school, eat, go out with friends.

Dad: Ever exercise?

PF26: Sure.

Dad: When?

PF26: ... sometimes.

Dad: Go out and run or something, please!

PF26: [resists temptation to comment that father is gaining weight rapidly from lack of exercise]

Axver said:
But in this scenario, Radiohead makes money. Can't we make them quit another way?

I'm OK with that.

I mean, honestly, there were like 7 parts of discussion for the release of one album. Even if you like them ... c'mon.

LemonMelon said:

:lmao:

I love it when my father complains about my hair when it goes into mini-'fro mode. I just ask him what his looked like at my age and he shuts right up.

Both of my parents complained about my hair tonight.

I am getting it cut in a week, but I'm tempted to hold it off just to piss them off.

phillyfan26 said:

I'm OK with that.

I mean, honestly, there were like 7 parts of discussion for the release of one album. Even if you like them ... c'mon.

Especially because that album was laughably bad. I still laugh thinking about 15 Step. You could've tricked me into thinking that album was by a band sending up Radiohead.

phillyfan26 said:
Both of my parents complained about my hair tonight.

I am getting it cut in a week, but I'm tempted to hold it off just to piss them off.

I tried to grow my hair out once...I looked like an ass.

Now, my parents never complain because I keep it short-ish. Fuck long hair for the sake of having long hair..

For reference, my hair is similar length to ... I suppose John Frusciante at Live Earth.

1185551409_f.jpg

LemonMelon said:

I tried to grow my hair out once...I looked like an ass.

Now, my parents never complain because I keep it short-ish. Fuck long hair for the sake of having long hair..

I want to grow my hair longer but it just curls. It's good for the October-era Adam 'fro but little else. Thing is, I hate haircuts, and my hair grows like a weed. I always have to have my hair cut shorter than I'd like to avoid going to the hairdresser every bloody month.

Damnit, I'm going to have to have my hair cut in the next fortnight or so ...

phillyfan26 said:

I'm OK with that.

Go back to the very beginning of B&C history, and you'll know precisely why this occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom