The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I can help you with that. I can help you with that in a big way. I'm far too much of a music obsessive.

Crowded House perfected the art of pop-rock. Neil Finn is a genius. Bono wishes he could write songs as good as Don't Dream It's Over or Kare Kare or RECURRING DREAM. Holy shit I love Recurring Dream. And almost nobody's heard of it because the Crowdies didn't put it on an album. Way to make no sense, guys.

Ahh, that's where I've heard Crowded House before. We sang Don't Dream It's Over for one of my school Speech Nights; someone called out at the end of one rehearsal "WOW all of a sudden I want to go to New Zealand!"

Alisaura said:

And I can tell you all about the geological history of the area... :hyper:

.... what?

:reject:

AWESOME.

I'm not being sarcastic either.

OK, I better start on the next thread ...

gluey said:
I once saw a free concert Crowded House gave in South Auckland. I was front row. Paul went to give me his drumsticks at the end, but a bitch snatched them off me. He apologised. :love:
Neil was a legend. A girl next to me was recording it, a security dick came over and snatched the recorder off her and broke the tape. Neil stopped mid song (they had only played one song at that stage) and refused to start until the guy went into the shopping mall they were playing next to, and replaced the tape. Once she had it going again - Neil told her he'd wait for her to say she was ready - the concert kicked off again! Talk about making the security guard look like an ass!!! :lol:

... wow. That is made of so much SuperWin that no size seven font could do it justice. Neil is a fucking legend. Bootleg recordings ... :drool:

Axver said:
Have we scared off the others with cricket? :uhoh:

OK, so folks, what Aussie city do you most want to go to that you haven't seen yet?

Perth for me.
Not scared off so much as sent to sleep, perhaps :wink:

Yeah, same here. And I have U2 fan friends in Perth :D

gluey said:
That's a lot of studio time. And we all know how hard Bono is to pin down in there. Maybe they could release an entire album with Edge doing the vocals.
That would be fucking awesome. :hyper:

*visits Zoo Confessionals briefly*
:reject:

Gooooooddddddddddd eveeen'in :wave:

ooooh! Travel!!

I'd love to go to Northern Territory, coz that's the only state I haven't ventured to :) I would love to go to Darwin .. they have night markets :D

and Kakadu :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom