The Ouagadougou Superthread - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #601
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Bring me up to speed, because I honestly haven't been paying attention...what, exactly, is wrong with your mother?
She has pancreatitis, has for about a year now. Came down with it the day I moved to Melbourne last year. As the removalists were taking the furniture out of my place in Brisbane, the paramedics were taking my mother out. She describes the pain of a pancreatitis attack as worse than childbirth. She had another serious attack of it in early February and was in hospital for the best part of a week. Yesterday she again went to hospital fearing another attack, but luckily it turns out that it was another issue, and after monitoring her for most of the day, the doctors decided that it should go away and hopefully won't require treatment.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-02-2008, 01:38 AM   #602
The Male

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Actually, my amp's sound is perfect for what Ronson has going there. It's just a matter of getting my amp on the second floor when no one's home.
Yeah, that's tricky. I do all of my recording in the basement, so the setup is a bit easier.

Learn Queen Bitch if you haven't already. It's fun stuff.

Now.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:38 AM   #603
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Brett Lee hits three fours in three balls and then gets out! What an over!

Cricket FTW.
Brett Lee FTW. I actually find it really funny how over the last four years, Australia's tail-end suddenly found out that it could bat as well as most middle orders.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #604
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:19 AM
damm guys now im on a bowie u tube rampage !

Old 03-02-2008, 01:40 AM   #605
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Anyone want a phone? My landline and cell are in competition as to who can ring the most
Old 03-02-2008, 01:41 AM   #606
The Male

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:

She has pancreatitis, has for about a year now. Came down with it the day I moved to Melbourne last year. As the removalists were taking the furniture out of my place in Brisbane, the paramedics were taking my mother out. She describes the pain of a pancreatitis attack as worse than childbirth. She had another serious attack of it in early February and was in hospital for the best part of a week. Yesterday she again went to hospital fearing another attack, but luckily it turns out that it was another issue, and after monitoring her for most of the day, the doctors decided that it should go away and hopefully won't require treatment.
Damn, that's awful. I had no idea a person could have chronic pancreatitis. All I know is that my dog had it once and went into shock.

I send out my best wishes for her. I hope this isn't too stressful on you, but I imagine it could be.

Now.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:41 AM   #607
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Brett Lee FTW. I actually find it really funny how over the last four years, Australia's tail-end suddenly found out that it could bat as well as most middle orders.
It pisses me off how much the Aussie tail can wag on occasion. Brett Lee ... meh. I don't hate him like I hate half of the Aussie cricket team at least. I never used to like him, his bowling was all style and no substance, but he sure as anything has added that substance over the last few seasons. He's bloody lethal right now. I'll maintain people like Shane Bond are better, but I still don't like it when Lee comes on to bowl against New Zealand!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-02-2008, 01:42 AM   #608
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by gluey
Anyone want a phone? My landline and cell are in competition as to who can ring the most
Someone's definitely popular today! Are they all mad evangelists?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:44 AM   #609
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

It pisses me off how much the Aussie tail can wag on occasion. Brett Lee ... meh. I don't hate him like I hate half of the Aussie cricket team at least. I never used to like him, his bowling was all style and no substance, but he sure as anything has added that substance over the last few seasons. He's bloody lethal right now. I'll maintain people like Shane Bond are better, but I still don't like it when Lee comes on to bowl against New Zealand!
I don't think anyone likes it when Lee comes on to bowl against their team. Man, speaking of the Aussie tailend, I really miss the days of Bevan. Also McGrath, Gillespie and Warne (mostly the first two) - I still remember their epic batting attempts a couple of years back. And Hogg can bat pretty well, too.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:45 AM   #610
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Quote:

Someone's definitely popular today! Are they all mad evangelists?
No, far worse. THE mother in law. Then one of our workers
Old 03-02-2008, 01:45 AM   #611
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

fucking hell no.

phonz sucz azz

Old 03-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #612
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Damn, that's awful. I had no idea a person could have chronic pancreatitis. All I know is that my dog had it once and went into shock.

I send out my best wishes for her. I hope this isn't too stressful on you, but I imagine it could be.
Yeah, it can be a permanent condition, due to a problem within the pancreas. I can't remember the precise details off the top of my head. Apparently she was basically born that way, and it was only inevitable that one day it would rear its ugly head. They can't treat the condition itself, just the attacks.

Thanks. Yeah, it's not too fun, especially as I'm 18 hours away. The part that makes me feel worst is that my move from Queensland to Victoria probably caused the stress that helped induce it in the first place. I'd lived out of home for a year already, but I was only an hour's drive away from her and she visited every Monday. But Melbourne - now we see each other only a few times a year.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #613
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

No, far worse. THE mother in law. Then one of our workers

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

run like fuck .

reminds me to turn the on call phone on ooops!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #614
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I don't think anyone likes it when Lee comes on to bowl against their team. Man, speaking of the Aussie tailend, I really miss the days of Bevan. Also McGrath, Gillespie and Warne (mostly the first two) - I still remember their epic batting attempts a couple of years back. And Hogg can bat pretty well, too.
McGrath is one of the few Aussie cricketers who I genuinely like. What a legend. I was really sad to see him go. I loved watching him attempt to figure out which end of the bat to hold too.

Warney can go fuck himself, though. Worst thing to happen to cricket since Bodyline. liamcool and I have spoken about doing a parody black metal band called A Text Message From Warney.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #615
Vocal parasite

Telephones for the epic phail.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread