The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

I herdz thai're gonna plai a nu song cald "Gone"! And "Seconds", liek zomg wat a rad name! Dat's nu 2!

mai saucez say u2 wil play that with n w/o j00 song man wowz0rz this wil rox!!!11

Axver said:

Also, I meant to say Kunstmuseum Luxembourg. I'm clearly too used to typing Liechtenstein! :lol:

Although I suppose that after such a well-remembered gig, the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein might want U2 back? :hmm:

Yes, it will be hard to beat Liechtenstein. I hope the Sprats only get the same support and coverage as the Whalers if we want their cause to grow.

gluey said:

Yes, it will be hard to beat Liechtenstein. I hope the Sprats only get the same support and coverage as the Whalers if we want their cause to grow.

But how can U2 top their earlier gig? Debut a whole new album live for the Sprats?

Axver said:

mai saucez say u2 wil play that with n w/o j00 song man wowz0rz this wil rox!!!11

Aight, typing like a tool is getting tiring unfortunately. But yeah, I wonder if they'll get any good bands in for the Tuesday concerts this year...

Axver said:

But how can U2 top their earlier gig? Debut a whole new album live for the Sprats?

That's a lot of studio time. And we all know how hard Bono is to pin down in there. Maybe they could release an entire album with Edge doing the vocals.

gluey said:

That's a lot of studio time. And we all know how hard Bono is to pin down in there. Maybe they could release an entire album with Edge doing the vocals.

And call it 'Seconds'....:lol:

major_panic said:

Aight, typing like a tool is getting tiring unfortunately. But yeah, I wonder if they'll get any good bands in for the Tuesday concerts this year...

Wait, Tuesday concerts? Am I this out of uni life that I haven't heard about something cool?

gluey said:

They should just become U1.5 and send Bono to be the president of a small African country.

Axver said:

Wait, Tuesday concerts? Am I this out of uni life that I haven't heard about something cool?

:ohmy: YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE TUESDAY CONCERTS?!

They run a concert with a barbeque every Tuesday at 1pm on North Court (which is the court outside Union House). It's usually pretty decent, they get smallish bands to come in and play.

Dude, where have you been?

major_panic said:
:ohmy: YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE TUESDAY CONCERTS?!

They run a concert with a barbeque every Tuesday at 1pm on North Court (which is the court outside Union House). It's usually pretty decent, they get smallish bands to come in and play.

Dude, where have you been?

Where have I been? Never up around Union House! That place fucking scares me. It's so busy around lunchtime and the one time I went in there, I had a panic attack. Only time I ever have in my life. I try to avoid it. But concerts are enticing.

In any case, last semester, I was in class 10am-1pm on Tuesdays and my 12-1pm tute was really shitty, so I always just wanted to go home.

Do they publish a schedule anywhere of what bands will play? I am totally interrested in this. This semester, I don't begin class on Tuesdays until 2:15, and I'm going to try to get that tute moved to 2:15 on Thursday.

gluey said:

He's been in Liechtenstein of course!

:lmao:

Actually, I've always been fascinated by Liechtenstein since it has such a cool name. I hope to go there someday. I'll definitely make a point of going to the Kunstmuseum. Might even make a playlist of our little setlist and play it on my iPod while I'm there. :wink:

Axver said:

Do they publish a schedule anywhere of what bands will play? I am totally interrested in this. This semester, I don't begin class on Tuesdays until 2:15, and I'm going to try to get that tute moved to 2:15 on Thursday.

They do - it's in the office up the stairs in the middle of Union House. You should really check it out - sometimes they're a bit of a dud, but you might just find a good band there.

coolian2 said:
22nd over i'm shutting the computer down and relaxing with the cricket.

That should give me about 15 minutes to play with

So you're relaxing with cricket at about the point when it will get most boring?

major_panic said:

They do - it's in the office up the stairs in the middle of Union House. You should really check it out - sometimes they're a bit of a dud, but you might just find a good band there.

Bah, I hope it's online too. I hate Union House with a passion. Though I'll probably have to go there soon for a haircut. :|

How long do the bands play for?

coolian2 said:

I think it's best you stay out of Auckland, lest you chase me all over the city

Don't worry, I stay as far away from that place as possible. Mind you, I do have to be at the domain on the 11th March :shifty:

It's ok, you're safe. :wink:

Axver said:

Bah, I hope it's online too. I hate Union House with a passion. Though I'll probably have to go there soon for a haircut. :|

How long do the bands play for?

If it's not I can probably go and write it down for you.

Bands play for around 45 mins, an hour as far as I know. And you get a free sausage! And if you're a union member, you get as many free sausages as you want, and apparently beer too!

Damn, I've got to get around to joining that union.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom