The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Yes, and I'm feeling very poorly travelled. :(

It's funny, I was top of Geography and adore maps, foreign places, etc., but I really have been almost nowhere. I've only been to three Aussie states, even!
I bet you've still been to more places than me...

Aussie states: Qld, NSW, Vic, Tas, SA (I don't remember Qld and SA at all, my parents liked to take me on awesome holidays when I was too young to form conscious memories, dammit)

UK: Brighton and the southeast in general... bits of Devon/Dorset... Edinburgh, a town near Glasgow, and the Blair Atholl distillery and surrounds... Cardiff for a day.... London for another day... Stonehenge... bit of Bristol... tiny village near Heathrow...

US: Atlanta and Macon, Georgia... Chicago... Honolulu and bits of Big Island, Hawaii...

Auckland and Singapore airports :wink:

coolian2 said:
Urgh, fuck. Uni from 10 to 6 tomorrow, and only half of that time is in an actual class.

Ouch. I've only got 12-1 and 4:15-5:45, and can probably come home in that gap.

Alisaura said:

UK: Brighton and the southeast in general... bits of Devon/Dorset... Edinburgh, a town near Glasgow, and the Blair Atholl distillery and surrounds... Cardiff for a day.... London for another day... Stonehenge... bit of Bristol... tiny village near Heathrow...

Yeah and you didn't even come and see me :tsk:

Alisaura said:

Aussie states: Qld, NSW, Vic, Tas, SA (I don't remember Qld and SA at all, my parents liked to take me on awesome holidays when I was too young to form conscious memories, dammit)

US: Atlanta and Macon, Georgia... Chicago... Honolulu and bits of Big Island, Hawaii...

Auckland and Singapore airports :wink:

I think you're beating me.

Australia: NSW, QLD, VIC. I'd like to add Tassie and SA this year somehow.

New Zealand: all of the South Island apart from Southland and Fjordland. Most of the lower North Island, plus Auckland.

US: Already listed.

And that's it.

Axver said:

Ouch. I've only got 12-1 and 4:15-5:45, and can probably come home in that gap.

Meh, it's the worst day of the week. Tuesday is 5 hours/learning for 3, Wednesday is 4 hours, learning for 3 and Thursday is two hours.

I'll probably use the gap to go for a walk or play on the computers

I've done most of the North and South Island
Surfers :yikes: :reject:
Fiji
Rarotonga
Noumea
Singapore x 3

Was meant to be going to Hong Kong at the end of the month but I'm not allowed to travel.

Also planning Dublin & London...

Scotland: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Kirkcaldy, Aberdeen, Inverness and a bunch of random places
England: London
USA: Los Angeles
NZ: Wellington, Hamilton, Mt Maunganui, Dunedin, Christchurch, Taupo, other places
Australia: Sydney, a lot of NSW, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra
Japan: Narita

Axver said:
I think you're beating me.

Australia: NSW, QLD, VIC. I'd like to add Tassie and SA this year somehow.

New Zealand: all of the South Island apart from Southland and Fjordland. Most of the lower North Island, plus Auckland.

US: Already listed.

And that's it.
Most of those places in the UK were like day trips or fragments thereof... (and I forgot Cornwall. Oops.)
I want to go back to everywhere and spend more time. As well as see loads of other places (like NZ... so you beat me on that score :) )

jen travel -

qld - cairns was ok but HOT urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sydeny - once- saw nothing but the biggest fattest wedding eva.

thats it .

no desire for travel xcept Ireland.

or u2 in MSG NY

mabey NZ.... if you kiwis make it worth my while :sexywink:

Alisaura said:

Most of those places in the UK were like day trips or fragments thereof... (and I forgot Cornwall. Oops.)
I want to go back to everywhere and spend more time. As well as see loads of other places (like NZ... so you beat me on that score :) )

Most of mine are only brief trips too. Like with the US, I've only spent more than a day in two states. I've obviously lived in both QLD and VIC here, but NSW is rather left out - I went to Sydney when I was three and again for a few days for two Vertigo gigs, and living on the Gold Coast we occasionally went down into Tweed Heads, but otherwise? Totally left out. The only time I saw country NSW was when we drove from the Gold Coast to Melbourne once.

I want to travel so badly. But it's so impractical for me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom