The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
States I've been to: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, New York, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Illinois, Indiana, Texas, Florida.

That's ... 14.

US states I've been to, properly: Kentucky, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Georgia (the last time we discussed this on this thread, I forgot I went into Georgia for a day, which is just ridiculous as I went there to see one of my very closest friends!)

US states I've been to airports in: California, Illinois, Virginia

None of my brothers want to listen to me. They listen to what their friends listen to.

My 15-year-old brother is alright. He doesn't listen to much, but it's usually pretty good. He's got The Who and EITS on his list.

Axver said:
Oh fuck. On FYM, Sting2/Strongbow has made a thread comparing economic stats of the Clinton years to the Bush years. This cannot go well.

:love:

poor fym, used to be the first url to pop up when I typed "forum.inter.."etc

now it's eykiw and then ooc. ooc being an addition of the past 3 days.

Axver said:

I think it's an interesting study in socio-cultural/political/religious phailure writ large.

Yeah, I think that it's mostly just epic phailure. There are some good people there, I'm sure, but they just get outshouted by the idiots. :wink: to Americans here.

Axver said:
I've only been to Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria. How pathetic is that? I want to do the Great Ocean Road through to South Australia and the ferry down to Tassie this year if I can find anybody who wants to come with me (and in the case of the Great Ocean Road, can actually, you know, DRIVE). I'd love to go to WA. Perth sounds really nice. 2 hours and 200 years behind, but nice.

Melbourne is the best city I have ever been to. Wellington is second. Wellington would be first if it hadn't torn up its trams. That's what gives Melbourne the edge. I say that not out of my usual bias, but out of the fact that it really does make the city more livable.

Yeah, Adelaide is seriously seriously meh. The only thing it has going for it is the Barossa Valley (mmmm vineyards:drool: )

Can't you drive yet?

Axver said:

US states I've been to, properly: Kentucky, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Georgia (the last time we discussed this on this thread, I forgot I went into Georgia for a day, which is just ridiculous as I went there to see one of my very closest friends!)

US states I've been to airports in: California, Illinois, Virginia

Of the states I listed, 12 were from driving. The other two were Texas and Florida, both of which I was in for a week (Dallas and Orlando) for a school business thing.

Hated Dallas, felt OK about Orlando.

coolian2 said:
Oh god, Ipswich is the SADDEST place i've ever been.

I'm not exaggerating, it's genuinely sad.

YES.

IT IS SO FUCKING DEPRESSING.

I barely got out of there without slitting my wrists. It is such a complete fucking sad shithole. It makes Huntly look like the Year-round Happy Cheery Rockin'-on Festival Town.

Varitek said:

Bangkok is crowded, though hilarious ads on the sky train. I liked Chiang Mai. India = every city is crowded.

/me in asia

Oh wow, Bangkok! I'd love to go there - it just seems like there's so much history and tradition there.

Asia's fun, but not as fun if you're asian - you just get treated like a local and get asked for directions :madspit:

Axver said:

YES.

I barely got out of there without slitting my wrists. It is such a complete fucking sad shithole. It makes Huntly look like the Year-round Happy Cheery Rockin'-on Festival Town.

:laugh:

phillyfan26 said:

Of the states I listed, 12 were from driving. The other two were Texas and Florida, both of which I was in for a week (Dallas and Orlando) for a school business thing.

Hated Dallas, felt OK about Orlando.

I spent 5 days in Massachusetts. Just saw Boston; loved it.

Spent a little over a month in Tennessee. The state itself sucks, but I spent most of my time in Franklin, outside Nashville, and it's a nice town.

Spent a day in Kentucky, mainly at Mammoth Cave. Fun, but dear God, the accents are terrible. Way to have just crawled out of your shack in the forest, guys. Spent another day in Georgia, visiting a friend in Rome, an hour from Atlanta. Didn't really see much of Georgia per se but had a lovely time with said friend.

My Geography teacher in grade 12 was this old woman who'd been EVERYWHERE and done EVERYTHING, the kind of lady who'd lived in the Outback for a decade, gone to Burma before military rule, etc. She said the only place in the world where she has ever genuinely feared for her life was when she passed through Georgia.

that's so sad, clinton shrunk everything and bush made it all worse again

/shit i knew already

and that dude just takes the averages and not the trends. what an idiot/selectively blind

Axver said:

YES.

It was somewhere we drove through heading up to Brisbane. We stopped for breakfast and were ultimately scrambling for the airport because it was so sad.

Axver said:

I spent 5 days in Massachusetts. Just saw Boston; loved it.

Spent a little over a month in Tennessee. The state itself sucks, but I spent most of my time in Franklin, outside Nashville, and it's a nice town.

Spent a day in Kentucky, mainly at Mammoth Cave. Fun, but dear God, the accents are terrible. Way to have just crawled out of your shack in the forest, guys. Spent another day in Georgia, visiting a friend in Rome, an hour from Atlanta. Didn't really see much of Georgia per se but had a lovely time with said friend.

My Geography teacher in grade 12 was this old woman who'd been EVERYWHERE and done EVERYTHING, the kind of lady who'd lived in the Outback for a decade, gone to Burma before military rule, etc. She said the only place in the world where she has ever genuinely feared for her life was when she passed through Georgia.

When I was in Dallas, I met some people from Kentucky. They were genuinely depressed about that fact. In that accent, they said, "We're just a bunch o' hicks. We don't do nothin' ... just ride tractors and stuff. Kentucky's so borin', I tell ya."

mysterious_jen said:

gday gday how are you ?

I'm good thanks. Bit tired....but thats nothing out of the ordinary.

How about your good self?'

I picked up a few DVD's this weekend, manged to get Fawlty Towers box set for $60 at K-Mart Eastland. As well as the "Micallef In A Box for $25 at JB, and season 4 of Fraiser .

I want to go to...

Bucksnort, Tennessee
Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky
Lake Titicaca, Bolivia
and Assolo, Italy.

I think those would be a good start.

bono_man2002 said:

I picked up a few DVD's this weekend, manged to get Fawlty Towers box set for $60 at K-Mart Eastland. As well as the "Micallef In A Box for $25 at JB, and season 4 of Fraiser .

WIN !

micallef :bow:

Varitek said:

:love:

poor fym, used to be the first url to pop up when I typed "forum.inter.."etc

now it's eykiw and then ooc. ooc being an addition of the past 3 days.

FYM's really been going to shit as the US election has drawn closer and closer. Most of the threads there now just make me angry.

When I type "forum.inter...", I first get EYKIW, then the new reply screen, B&C, and FYM. I barely actually go to OOC - I keep my screen open on whichever thread we're in instead.

bono_man2002 said:

Frasier = SuperWin.

Season 4 is especially good.

Hey Jen, know how you were 1 purity point below me? We're now tied.

(this is not the one I referred to plans for earlier)

major_panic said:

Yeah, I think that it's mostly just epic phailure. There are some good people there, I'm sure, but they just get outshouted by the idiots. :wink: to Americans here.

One rule of this thread is that if you're American, you have to be cool enough to be an Aussie or Kiwi to be able to participate. :wink:

Yeah, Adelaide is seriously seriously meh. The only thing it has going for it is the Barossa Valley (mmmm vineyards:drool: )

Can't you drive yet?

I so badly need to go to the Barossa Valley. :drool:

I legally can't drive. Even with correction, my vision isn't remotely good enough. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom