The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gluey said:
I once got accosted on a bus on my way home from work by an overeager girl who bleated on and on and on about why I should join a church etc....people around me were sniggering - bastards - she ended up by saying "But when you know about something as wonderful as god, you want to share it and tell everyone about it - like a great party!"....I looked at her and said "Oh! I get it!! Well, I have discovered sex, I really love it and think it's great. I'd really love to share it and tell everyone about it! Are you interested??"....she went scarlet and wouldn't look at, or talk to me for the rest of the trip. The guy on the other side of the aisle nearly peed laughing :lmao:

That's OWNAGE.

It's also why I don't really proselytise :up:

Axver said:

She's good! :) She got let out of hospital late last night, actually, as she did well on all her tests and promised to drink a litre of water as soon as she got home. Sounds like it was some issue in her stomach that they don't think needs attention just yet and will hopefully work itself out. And she found out that she at least has the heart of a super-fit person because she kept setting off some machine with her really strong heartbeat and pissed off all the patients in the same room! Her pancreas may be fucked, but her heart's at least going well.

glad to hear it ax :hug:

State schools in Queensland are made of fail. :down:

The high schools are just absolutely shithouse, and in the primary schools, the teachers get horrendously fucked around. My mother was a teacher aide until they cut her hours from 26 a week to 6 a week in the space of a semester and moved her from teaching remedial numeracy and literacy in grades 1-2, which she was trained to do, to tutoring English as a Second Language students in grades 4-5, which she had never done and had no training to do! She quit in disgust. The primary school she worked at went, in the space of one year, from having 5 teacher aides to just one. Absolutely ridiculous.

Good to hear about your mother, Axver. :up:

What are they going to do about her pancreas?

Thanks for all the good wishes for my mother, folks. :)

phillyfan26 said:
Good to hear about your mother, Axver. :up:

What are they going to do about her pancreas?

There isn't anything that can be done to solve it, unfortunately. It's just fucked and she has to live with it. She has to watch her diet in a big way and just hope she has no further attacks. It's just ridiculous how her diet has been absolutely slashed. I don't know how she copes.

coolian2 said:
There is a reason Queensland is the dumbest state

No shit. Whoever runs the Education Department there is a complete fucking fool. After seeing the conditions in the state schools, there's no way my mother was not sending me to a private one for high school. She'd been a firm believer in the state system until her Queensland experience.

Axver said:
Thanks for all the good wishes for my mother, folks. :)

There isn't anything that can be done to solve it, unfortunately. It's just fucked and she has to live with it. She has to watch her diet in a big way and just hope she has no further attacks. It's just ridiculous how her diet has been absolutely slashed. I don't know how she copes.

My brother's a Type 1 Diabetic, so his pancreas doesn't function. He takes insulin shots about five times a day. Anything like that going to happen?

Axver said:

No shit. Whoever runs the Education Department there is a complete fucking fool. After seeing the conditions in the state schools, there's no way my mother was not sending me to a private one for high school. She'd been a firm believer in the state system until her Queensland experience.

Fair enough. The only reason why state schools work here is because nobody's stupid enough to majorly screw with the way they're already running, I reckon. And if they do, they get pwnd or ignored.

phillyfan26 said:

My brother's a Type 1 Diabetic, so his pancreas doesn't function. He takes insulin shots about five times a day. Anything like that going to happen?

At this stage, not yet. There is very little that can actually treat pancreatitis. She simply has to watch her diet and in theory shouldn't have an attack. In practice, she has to stay within four hours of a hospital in case of one.

The guitar on the live Moonage Daydream kicks so much ass. I can play that better than I can play the acoustic version you heard.

Axver said:
At this stage, not yet. There is very little that can actually treat pancreatitis. She simply has to watch her diet and in theory shouldn't have an attack. In practice, she has to stay within four hours of a hospital in case of one.

Hmmm...that's really a shame. That does eliminate a huge amount ... all food with carbs, really.

phillyfan26 said:
The guitar on the live Moonage Daydream kicks so much ass. I can play that better than I can play the acoustic version you heard.

Perhaps. You certainly would have sounded much more awesome plugged in. :wink:

I remember doing a Rebel Rebel cover a while back, but it was terrible. Should try that again.

I was so proud of myself when I learned Rebel Rebel. It's such a fun song.

I can't do Golden Years. I'm not good enough. Wish I could, as it's funk-tastic.

phillyfan26 said:

Hmmm...that's really a shame. That does eliminate a huge amount ... all food with carbs, really.

Pretty much all dairy is out, which is a real shame because I cook and bake because of her, but almost all of the stuff I cook and bake has too much dairy for her to be able to eat it!

Her diet is so bland now. She's been a cook all her life, sometimes done it professionally and even appeared on a couple of cooking shows on Kiwi TV, and now she's having trouble finding food that keeps her interested.

Axver said:

Bring me up to speed, because I honestly haven't been paying attention...what, exactly, is wrong with your mother? :(

LemonMelon said:

Perhaps. You certainly would have sounded much more awesome plugged in. :wink:

I remember doing a Rebel Rebel cover a while back, but it was terrible. Should try that again.

Actually, my amp's sound is perfect for what Ronson has going there. It's just a matter of getting my amp on the second floor when no one's home.

Brett Lee hits three fours in three balls and then gets out! What an over!

Cricket FTW. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom