The Ouagadougou Superthread - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #271
The Male

Local Time: 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I'm similar. All of my lyrics from personal experience are so cryptic that when I look back at them, I'm not even 100% sure what they're about.

I just love imagery. I particularly seem to have a thing for skies on fire. I suppose this is of no surprise to you guys, knowing my appreciation of all things atmospheric.
At least you're not into analogies about empty lots and bleeding cuts like Bono.

Now.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #272
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Not by you, of course. But by the Internet surfers and whatnot.

Then again, five threads of Liechtenstein planning couldn't be found, so what the hell do I know.
Dream Out Loud is a black hole. The UYMFA gang was able to post a thread there that had some life, but even that was stagnant compared to the Bar.

Now.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #273
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:52 AM
Quote:

I don't know. I just suck at it. It has no basic chords, which is where my bread and butter is, so I'm not too good at it.

I've worked out half the solo, and it's a lot of fun. I wish I had a decent amp and some pedals, cause then it would really rock.

Electric Co. is easy. The intro, the solo, the verses, the chorus, the outro ... man it kicks a lot of ass.
Ah, right. I obviously never tried Ultra Violet, and it doesn't sound like it'd be hard to me. Perhaps that perception is accurate for me - the less chords, the better! I really, really don't like chords. Something like 11OTT or ACD is ideal for me.

I'd love to get some awesome pedals. That might get me back into playing, really.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #274
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:52 PM
John Frusciante's solo stuff has quickly surpassed my RHCP fandom. I only really liked RHCP for Frusciante's work, and discovering his solo stuff has been awesome.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #275
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ah, right. I obviously never tried Ultra Violet, and it doesn't sound like it'd be hard to me. Perhaps that perception is accurate for me - the less chords, the better! I really, really don't like chords. Something like 11OTT or ACD is ideal for me.

I'd love to get some awesome pedals. That might get me back into playing, really.
My intent is to become lead singer/rhythm guitarist so that I appear to be playing, but really my missed notes and whatnot can get covered up.

I'm actually pretty good at chords, though still inconsistent.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #276
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Dream Out Loud is a black hole. The UYMFA gang was able to post a thread there that had some life, but even that was stagnant compared to the Bar.
I'm sure the postwhores could get a 1,000 post thread, or could've pre-Liechtenstein.

We considered it, but felt bad about spamming the hell out of somebody's work.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #277
The Male

Quote:

It definitely would.

Acoustic guitars and electrics with slight distortion get boring. Plus, an awesome pedal can make just about anyone sound pretty good.

Now.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #278
Vocal parasite

Quote:

My intent is to become lead singer/rhythm guitarist so that I appear to be playing, but really my missed notes and whatnot can get covered up.

I'm actually pretty good at chords, though still inconsistent.
I can't decide if I'd like to be lead guitarist or the vocalist, but if I were in a band, the decision would be made for me - I'm a terrible singer.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #279
Blue Crack Supplier

I have a massive ego and love attention, so lead singer is the natural position for me. My voice is average at best.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #280
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Acoustic guitars and electrics with slight distortion get boring. Plus, an awesome pedal can make just about anyone sound pretty good.
Bowie's 1984 with wah .

The Diamond Dogs album makes me feel a little bit better about my guitar playing. The roughness of Bowie's lead guitar attempts on the title track still managing to sound awesome makes me think I could be alright.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #281
The Male

Quote:
I have a massive ego and love attention, so lead singer is the natural position for me. My voice is average at best.
If you had a clear microphone, I could console you. But you don't, so...I'll just have to assume you're better than you say.

For the record, I don't have a great voice either, but I've gotten used to hearing it by now.

Now.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #282
Blue Crack Supplier

I picked the highest notes in EBTTRT, which fucked me over. That's just slightly too high for me. I can hit the long note in "Kite" and the opera note in "Miss Sarajevo" ... well the Bono live note, anyway.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:18 PM   #283
The Male

Quote:
I picked the highest notes in EBTTRT, which fucked me over. That's just slightly too high for me. I can hit the long note in "Kite" and the opera note in "Miss Sarajevo" ... well the Bono live note, anyway.
We should have traded lines for that one. I think you could have done better with the crimson sky line than I did.

Now.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #284
Blue Crack Supplier

I think I did two lines in LIB, but that whole thing got fucked up due to everyone being out of tune and out of time.

Yeah, just confirmed by listening to it.

I did the "Parked car ... love complete" portion of the second verse and was way out of time. I also did the "dangerous idea that almost makes sense," also out of time.

My microphone takes the bass out of my voice.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #285
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I just suck on all levels. I recorded a joke a cappella covers album in 2005 and I remember a couple of the songs appeared in the pre-show music on setlist party feeds.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread