The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

My name is Mike, how much more boring does it get.

However, everyone calls me by my last name, it just happens naturally.

Are you just Mike, or a Michael always called Mike? Because if the latter, you could make it more interesting by Scandinavianising it and being Mikael!

coolian2 said:

How pathetic, i actually knew it was French too.

Well, you aren't a French sex god either.

How about a train god? Setlist god? Music taste god? :wink:

My one brother is Matthew, but everyone calls him Matt, even though he doesn't call himself Matt. My mother hates the nickname Matt for no apparent reason, and refuses to let anyone call him that.

My dad, partially mocking my mother, calls him simply M.

Axver said:

Are you just Mike, or a Michael always called Mike? Because if the latter, you could make it more interesting by Scandinavianising it and being Mikael!

Well, when not being called by my last name, it's usually Mike. An old friend in NYC calls me Mikhael now and then.

No spoken words said:
He works in a fast food joint LM. Not a Bordello. PFan, a little help here in your role as Exec Prod....

No, no. He's at the bordello 4 minutes before his shift begins. That's the joke.

No spoken words said:
He works in a fast food joint LM. Not a Bordello. PFan, a little help here in your role as Exec Prod....

Yes, any fast food place except McDonald's is acceptable. Bordello is a no go.

Axver said:

How about a train god? Setlist god? Music taste god? :wink:

My kids have just watched Princess Bride.....so all I think of with Andre is Andre the Giant :lol: :reject: I'll stick with Ax for now.....:D

Oh, I see what you did there. Fair enough.

But still, any fast food place except McDonald's.

major_panic said:
Sup. Did I miss much?

*salutes*

Nah, not much. Though we've been talking about our names, and you surely have the most interesting one of the lot of us. U-Wen, right?

gluey said:

My kids have just watched Princess Bride.....so all I think of with Andre is Andre the Giant :lol: :reject: I'll stick with Ax for now.....:D

"Give us the Gate Key"

"I have no Gate Key"

"Fezic, rip his arms off"

"Oh, you mean this Gate Key".

gluey said:

I just think of the violin guy, Andre Rieu (sp?)

And yeah, Ax is right, mine's U-Wen (an asianisation of Ewan)

No spoken words said:
"Give us the Gate Key"

"I have no Gate Key"

"Fezic, rip his arms off"

"Oh, you mean this Gate Key".

I love the Battle of Wits scene.

gluey said:

:lol:

I like it when people use Ax/Axver in offline contexts. On the Vertigo Tour, numerous people called me Axver and I loved it.

Axver said:

:lol:

I like it when people use Ax/Axver in offline contexts. On the Vertigo Tour, numerous people called me Axver and I loved it.

Where does the name come from?

(And there's no way I will not call you that if I ever meet you, by the way.)

phillyfan26 said:
Oh, I see what you did there. Fair enough.

But still, any fast food place except McDonald's.

Wendy's is OK, right?

SCENE 1 -
Time of day: 11:56 AM (4 minutes before shift begins)

Fast Food Cop: Gimme mah money, bitch

Woman: But...

Fast Food Cop: Yeah, you should be paying me. It was THAT good.

Woman: But...

Fast Food Cop: I don't have time for this. [chugs powerjuice, jumps through the window, and lands on a mattress filled with explosives, but somehow survives]

phillyfan26 said:

I love the Battle of Wits scene.

The whole movie is great....I've never got tired of it!

Mines just boring old Kim.....my parents have no imagination.

major_panic said:

I just think of the violin guy, Andre Rieu (sp?)

A lot of people think I'm named after André Agassi, which isn't true. My parents just liked the name. I don't think Agassi really became well-known in New Zealand until a couple of years after I was born anyway.

I'm not named after anyone. My parents intentionally wanted me and my brothers to have original names. All of our middle names are dedications though. My middle name is my father's first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom