The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I'm similar. All of my lyrics from personal experience are so cryptic that when I look back at them, I'm not even 100% sure what they're about.

I just love imagery. I particularly seem to have a thing for skies on fire. I suppose this is of no surprise to you guys, knowing my appreciation of all things atmospheric.

At least you're not into analogies about empty lots and bleeding cuts like Bono.

phillyfan26 said:

:wink: Not by you, of course. But by the Internet surfers and whatnot.

Then again, five threads of Liechtenstein planning couldn't be found, so what the hell do I know.

Dream Out Loud is a black hole. The UYMFA gang was able to post a thread there that had some life, but even that was stagnant compared to the Bar.

phillyfan26 said:

I don't know. I just suck at it. It has no basic chords, which is where my bread and butter is, so I'm not too good at it.

I've worked out half the solo, and it's a lot of fun. I wish I had a decent amp and some pedals, cause then it would really rock.

Electric Co. is easy. The intro, the solo, the verses, the chorus, the outro ... man it kicks a lot of ass.

Ah, right. I obviously never tried Ultra Violet, and it doesn't sound like it'd be hard to me. Perhaps that perception is accurate for me - the less chords, the better! I really, really don't like chords. Something like 11OTT or ACD is ideal for me.

I'd love to get some awesome pedals. That might get me back into playing, really.

John Frusciante's solo stuff has quickly surpassed my RHCP fandom. I only really liked RHCP for Frusciante's work, and discovering his solo stuff has been awesome.

Axver said:
Ah, right. I obviously never tried Ultra Violet, and it doesn't sound like it'd be hard to me. Perhaps that perception is accurate for me - the less chords, the better! I really, really don't like chords. Something like 11OTT or ACD is ideal for me.

I'd love to get some awesome pedals. That might get me back into playing, really.

My intent is to become lead singer/rhythm guitarist so that I appear to be playing, but really my missed notes and whatnot can get covered up.

I'm actually pretty good at chords, though still inconsistent.

LemonMelon said:

Dream Out Loud is a black hole. The UYMFA gang was able to post a thread there that had some life, but even that was stagnant compared to the Bar.

I'm sure the postwhores could get a 1,000 post thread, or could've pre-Liechtenstein. :wink:

We considered it, but felt bad about spamming the hell out of somebody's work.

Axver said:

It definitely would. :up:

Acoustic guitars and electrics with slight distortion get boring. Plus, an awesome pedal can make just about anyone sound pretty good.

phillyfan26 said:

My intent is to become lead singer/rhythm guitarist so that I appear to be playing, but really my missed notes and whatnot can get covered up.

I'm actually pretty good at chords, though still inconsistent.

:lol: I can't decide if I'd like to be lead guitarist or the vocalist, but if I were in a band, the decision would be made for me - I'm a terrible singer.

I have a massive ego and love attention, so lead singer is the natural position for me. My voice is average at best.

LemonMelon said:
Acoustic guitars and electrics with slight distortion get boring. Plus, an awesome pedal can make just about anyone sound pretty good.

Bowie's 1984 with wah :drool: .

The Diamond Dogs album makes me feel a little bit better about my guitar playing. The roughness of Bowie's lead guitar attempts on the title track still managing to sound awesome makes me think I could be alright.

phillyfan26 said:
I have a massive ego and love attention, so lead singer is the natural position for me. My voice is average at best.

If you had a clear microphone, I could console you. But you don't, so...I'll just have to assume you're better than you say. :up:

For the record, I don't have a great voice either, but I've gotten used to hearing it by now.

I picked the highest notes in EBTTRT, which fucked me over. That's just slightly too high for me. I can hit the long note in "Kite" and the opera note in "Miss Sarajevo" ... well the Bono live note, anyway.

phillyfan26 said:
I picked the highest notes in EBTTRT, which fucked me over. That's just slightly too high for me. I can hit the long note in "Kite" and the opera note in "Miss Sarajevo" ... well the Bono live note, anyway.

We should have traded lines for that one. I think you could have done better with the crimson sky line than I did.

I think I did two lines in LIB, but that whole thing got fucked up due to everyone being out of tune and out of time.

Yeah, just confirmed by listening to it.

I did the "Parked car ... love complete" portion of the second verse and was way out of time. I also did the "dangerous idea that almost makes sense," also out of time.

My microphone takes the bass out of my voice.

phillyfan26 said:

I just suck on all levels. I recorded a joke a cappella covers album in 2005 and I remember a couple of the songs appeared in the pre-show music on setlist party feeds. :lol:

Axver said:

I just suck on all levels. I recorded a joke a cappella covers album in 2005 and I remember a couple of the songs appeared in the pre-show music on setlist party feeds. :lol:

MUST HEAR

I have one full recorded song of me playing and singing at the same time on my computer. It's me doing Bowie's Moonage Daydream.

I listened to it ... and, it's not terrible. I was holding back on volume because people were home, and that hurts my vocals. But it's not awful.

Axver said:

I remember you doing a Discotheque line for the Interferers with a Southern US accent. :lol:

phillyfan26 said:

:lol: If I were in a band, I'd be a control freak, so being both vocalist and lead guitarist would suit me down to the ground as that's what I'd want to control. Plus I could then do lots and lots of snippetry live. My band would have the most amazing setlists.

unico said:

nsw is out at a magic gathering. perhaps they'll assemble when he returns.

Wow, you really do not know me at all.

Do I seem like that big of a dork, that I'd be out playing Magic: The Gathering?? I've never played that in my life. Duh. That's not how someone like me rolls on a Saturday night.

I was playing Dungeons and Dragons, fool.

:)

If you must know, I was just at dinner with a few friends. Now I'm back.

phillyfan26 said:

I remember you doing a Discotheque line for the Interferers with a Southern US accent. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I did joke lines for a couple of songs. Can't remember which actually.

I sound like a US Southern evangelical preacher when I do Fire.

LemonMelon said:
I have...well...a ton of recorded material. Albums of it. I record everything.

I don't because of my shitty microphone. If I had legitimate recording equipment I would. All I have is the Moonage Daydream thing and just me playing the guitar chords of One over and over again (really repetitive and boring, by the way).

phillyfan26 said:
Assemble the Rescue Pet Squad.

Pet Rescue Team assemble!!!

dog.gif

cat.gif

EagleHeadMoving.gif

horse.gif

phillyfan26 said:

I don't because of my shitty microphone. If I had legitimate recording equipment I would. All I have is the Moonage Daydream thing and just me playing the guitar chords of One over and over again (really repetitive and boring, by the way).

:sad: Would it be possible for you to upload Moonage for me?

whp555444@yahoo.com

Hey, New South Wales! :wave:

No spoken words said:
If you must know, I was just at dinner with a few friends. Now I'm back.

Martin Luther, Erasmus, and Charles V?

(I hope you saw my earlier post so that you get that ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom