The Op-Ivy/Rancid/Other Related Projects Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
i'm starting to feel like the resident punk kid here...i don't know if i like that or not.

so you've got Opperation Ivy. they split up and you've got Rancid. you've also got Common Rider.

you've got lars fredrikson and the bastards. then there's the transplants. even though they've got the blink 182 drummer, the album is still good. i swear it's what crap bands like linkin park wish they could do.

appreciate away. *watches thread sink down the page with 0 posts)

Nevermind. I was just laughing because last night DiGi and I were waiting for doors to open for the Delgados show and there were fliers for a band looking for a drummer that said the band was influenced by "Op-Ivy/Rancid/etc." The ad was just funny because it was all like, "We are totally committed to our music and making this band our lives," blah blah blah and you could just tell it was the kind of kids who would get in fights with their parents about their grades. :laugh:

i see...digi posted in my bad religion appreciation thread saying he was waiting for someone to start up one of these. i made the mistake in thinking he was serious and people around here might actually LIKE those bands. looks like i'm the only one again.

No, I don't think so. We weren't laughing at the music at all. Just the fliers were funny because they sounded so serious. :)

Notiti is the resident punk kid around here. She's a huge Rancid fan. Just wait till she sees this thread. Wannabe is also a fan.

how come i never see these people around here? dammit, come out of hiding and talk to me!

LMAO Megan

Actually I was totally serious. Seeing that ad last night and your other thread made me think of this today.

Bad Town
Sound System
Big City
and my favorite op-ivy song Unity

I like me some Rancid as well. But my favorite punk band is Social D

OpIvy and Rancid have blasted my speakers many a time. in honesty though, the attention i give the punk industry and the many punk albums i own have dwindled.

but good times + tunes indeed.

I see you don't know my MO...

...if you knew my MO you'd know I was punk rock before punk rock was in.

So I guess you don't subscribe religously to my journal, or you would have got to hear my rant abotu how I was selected to do a cover of Old Friend at a concert here in Tokyo. SO that went down on Saturday mofos and let me tell you it was PUNK FUCKING ROCK.

Prior to my preformance I drank about 6 Moscow Mules and then they called me up there and there was shouting, and singing, and many pictures taken of the american punk cheick. (Look mom - a real american punk - and she's really really tall!) We did the cover, it rocked the fuckin house (the bass player is just soooo fuckin good.) I was then asked for an encore (which they ay encoru, which is cute.) So we did Maxwell Murder, and it was sweet. I was later told by multiple Japanese punk kids that I was "kicking ass." And I'm like sho nuff.
I then proceeded to get trizashed (that's a techinical term fools) and eventually ended up on stage with the last band throwin g bottles at people and hitting the base drum with a wiffle ball bat so that the drummer didn't have to.

I also lived my dream of yelling "WEST COAST PUNK ROCK MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!" on stage.
Life is good,

Oh, and I'm the resident punk. Thank's Calluna...

I purchased the Operation Ivy discography album today.

After one and a half listens I can easily say I will end up listening to this album a lot.

Very Clash-like, but in the good way. Not the bad way (Libertines).

mofo, this is another reason why you are my friend. damn, i'm going to miss talking to you over the summer

Back
Top Bottom