The One Tornament where the players are allowed on grass, Wimbeldon 2005 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah i can see a Federer-Roddick final but Federer is too tough and should prevail
Would close the gap with Bjorn Borg with 36 straight wins on grass
Borg won 41 straight from his 5 Wimbledons (1976-80)

Federer is my candidate... Roddick is overrated and he has been struggling.

Would like to see an upset like Nalbandian, Coria or Nadal making it far, though...

Maybe Roddick is overrated, but clay is his weakest surface. He's alot better on the faster surfaces. He just won Queens again. I'm not saying he'll win. The Queens courts are different from the Wimbledon courts. Federer is my pick to win.

Overrated?
I don think so, he has the biggest serve in tennis and pretty good groundstrokes also
He's won the U.S Open, and last year he almost won that Wimbledon Championship match against a struggling Federer
At the end the Swiss master was too tough and prevailed

On grass he's very good. He has won 3 consecutive Queen's
The man is a big candidate

But Federer's too tough

Roddick has had a pretty piss poor season so far, but grass is his best surface. Semi-finals for him, at least.

I'm putting a bit of money on Stan Wawrinka going on a bit of a run...

Aussie's Predictions: (well Hewi and Scud)

Lleyton will get as far as the round of 16, Mark out in the 4th round....
I could be totally off (not really looking into the draws much)

Roger to win again, but i'd like to see somone else win.

:lol:
They have a little competiton on a TV program over here called "Any Given Sunday", they are getting people to send in headlines for
A- Tim Henman (but I can't remeber what for, I think it was for when he was to exit the tornament)
B- Mark Phillipousis

I was gonna send in "Poo wipes Number 2" :lol:

Yup, happy for Nalbandian. Probably the only Argentine that has a true shot at Wimbledon.

It would be great to see Coria beat Roddick today, though. :up:

Roddick beat Coria :mad:

Federer through as well. He has an easy match against Gonzalez in the next round, so we should see him in the semis where he will likely face Hewitt.

I think that we will see Nalbandian vs. Roddick in the other semi.

U2@NYC said:
Federer through as well. He has an easy match against Gonzalez in the next round, so we should see him in the semis where he will likely face Hewitt.

Where he will destory Lleyton, as per usual.

Roddick will win, much to my regret. He is up 4-1.

Federer - Hewitt and Johansson - Roddick.

I guess we will get that Federer - Roddick final after all.

I can't believe Williams knocked out Sharapova - I like Venus alot though, so it will be a pleasure to see her play in the final.
I guess it shows that she still has the ability to play good tennis - I figured she had pulled a Kournikova and succombed to a more commercial career.

Back
Top Bottom