The One Tornament where the players are allowed on grass, Wimbeldon 2005 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VertigoGal said:
Roddick and Grosjean to a fifth set...this is so nerve-wracking :crazy:

so am I the only one in here rooting for Roddick? :wink:

No! I like Andy too. (My sister has been to his house in FL. random info, I know. :wink: )

I'm glad Venus beat Sharapova. :evil: That match was great to watch though.

WildHoneyAlways said:

No! I like Andy too. (My sister has been to his house in FL. random info, I know. :wink: )

I'm glad Venus beat Sharapova. :evil: That match was great to watch though.

sweeet about your sister! how on earth did she end up there?

so, what the flip is going on right now? has it been postponed til tomorrow (roddick vs johannsen)?

18716blancmange_copy2.jpg

I liked Roddick in 2000 when he just turned pro and was a virtual unknown and I've followed him since. I REALLY hope he wins Wimbledon against Federer. And I hope Davenport wins, too. Can you believe she's 29!!!

I really wanted Lindsay to win for sentimental reasons (I think it's her last year on the tour, after all) but seriously after a match like that you can't deny Venus anything. I feel really bad for Lindsay because it's terrible to lose like that after coming so close but again, I don't think it's possible to take anything away from Venus' victory.

Oh so She Is thinking about retiring at the end of this year?.....and She's only 29?, I suppose she's been around for a fairly long time.....

I was really happy for Venus. Granted, I like both of them and would've been happy to see either win. :D

I won't deny that the main reason I'm rooting for Andy is cos I think he's :drool: ...plus, there's just something about a man who can serve at 140 mph! :wink: (or something in that range)

Still, I would like to see anyone de-throne Federer.

Federer wins it in straight sets.

I love Roddick, he's such a great loser, and he has such a great sense of humor about it..."I'm more in the mood for a beer right now", "Maybe I'll just punch him or something".

namkcuR said:
Federer wins it in straight sets.

I love Roddick, he's such a great loser, and he has such a great sense of humor about it..."I'm more in the mood for a beer right now", "Maybe I'll just punch him or something".

I agree. I was really impressed. :up:

Federer also came off as very genuine and gracious. It seems like often those tennis players come off as self-centered or arrogant, but these 2 were great sportsmen.

Andy will triumph at the US Open. :evil:

Well, this must be a first. BOTH of the players that I wanted to win at the Wimbledon did! I was rooting for Venus from day one, though I didn't expect her to reach the finals. She proved me - and a lot of critics - wrong. And Federer, well, what can I say? The guy's amazing. I'm also not too fond of Roddick, so that made the win even better. Kudos to Roddick for being gracious in defeat, though.

VertigoGal said:

sweeet about your sister! how on earth did she end up there?

Our friend in FL was good friends with Andy's friends who had free reign of his house.

I'm happy Venus won. She hasn't had a big win in a while.
I like both Roger and Andy. I was rooting for Andy but I wanted them both in the final so it's okay.

Roddick better win the US open. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom