The One I Love - I'm going to see REM!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
YEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

This is indeed my finest hour (currently also listening to REM - Finest Worksong, from Document). While browsing a Dutch newsgroup on Google I saw a posting about REM coming to the Netherlands! :hyper: They haven't played the Netherlands for 14 years. :eek: June 1989 they were the closing act on the Pinkpop festival and that was the last the Netherlands saw of REM. They did plan some dates on their Monster tour, but first Bill Berry suffered an aneurysm and when they continued the tour Michael Stipe got a hernia. They didn't play here during the Up tour and for a long time it seemed the closest we got to see REM was on the Werchter festival in Belgium. But now I saw that post that they're playing the Netherlands again! :hyper: :up:
Not only that, but they are playing 2 dates. One is in the Heineken Music Hall, with a capacity of about 5,000 persons. The second date is even more special, as it is in the Tivoli club (which holds about 1,000 persons). And the sales started today! :hyper: :hyper:
With today being a national holiday (Queen's Day) I suspect not many persons know that the sales started. So at 21:30 I was still able to buy 2 tickets for Tivoli! I'm going to see REM in a small club!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

C ya!

Marty

P.S. That's going to be an eventful period. 21 June REM in Tivoli and 1 July Coldplay in Goffert Park, Nijmegen (still have to buy tickets for that last one though...)

clt.: REM - Disturbance At The Heron House (from Document)

I'm not sure, but I think Marty's excited!

I hope I can catch them on this tour, too. I saw them a number of times back in the 80s--most memorably at Madison Square Garden in the 8th row center. I remember my seat distinctly because for about 4 songs we were sitting in 8th row in a further section back and were all bummed out because we thought we had really good seats. Which we did, once we realized our mistake. I remember vividly how excited I was when we ran to our correct 8th row seats and everyone was standing ON the seats and suddenly I felt like Michael Stipe was in my face. It was a good time :dance:

And I've been going through all the R.E.M. records ever since martha's shopping spree reignited the R.E.M. spark.

why on earth didn't I know about this :mad:

my life pretty much rules and everything (or not) but this bites

Salome, buy the tickets then!

Search on Ticketservice for R.E.M. (so with the dots) and you might find tickets.

Good luck!

Marty

(Edited: I see Tivoli is already sold out, but there are still tickets for the HMH. I haven't bought those yet, maybe tomorrow. Haven't made up my mind about that show, maybe 1 REM gig is enough for me...)

Last edited:
Oh, I see you already have your tickets then. :sexywink:
So my edit was useless then... :)

C ya!

Marty

clt.: REM - Disturbance At The Heron House (Live)
(bonus track on Document)

hihihihi,

I have my tickets now!!!!

Tivoli was sold out but Heineken Music Hall here I come :adam:

I love stories with happy endings
grand news, I get just as delighted when i read about the crew here having wonderful musical experiences:)
I have just been reading an old Q magazine with Michael Stipe as the featured artist..fascinating.
I think U2 are going to have a ball( I'd pop over to the Tivoli if I was them)
and you two too
marty and salome
wooooooooohooooooooooooooooo
:dance:

I have no opening act, but with a 1,000 persons (max) I don't think we need one. BTW, I thought about it, but I have decided that one REM concert is enough for me. Instead, I'm trying to go to the Coldplay concert on 1 July. I mean, Bruce Springsteen and REM and Coldplay and Rolling Stones, what a summer bill!

C ya!

Marty (who thinks that REM cannot top the Tivoli concert the next day, sorry!)

:down:

after being jealous at all the glastonbury/t in the park/v2003/cool festival people, you post this?? i'm already six shades of green and soon becoming seven. :(

nah, just kidding. rem have visited singapore once (on monster) but i was too young to even know about them. hope you have fun, you two, should be very cool, especially the Tivoli venue. :)

Enjoy the shows guys...I've seen them 5 times, they'll be great in a small venue. Hopefully they'll pull out some old chestnuts from the early catalog.

Back
Top Bottom