The One-Hit Wonders of the 2000's - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 09-21-2004, 11:53 AM   #16
The Fly
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

I actually like her song. An she's gorgeous, too. (Not that that has anything to do with her musical talent.)
Gorgeous?? Do people really think so?? I think she's hideous, especially with that stupid dye job on her hair -- if she really wants to just be herself, I don't see how hair dye is supposed to achieve that goal. Her song is okay, but only while it's actually playing. Then something better comes on, and you forget all about it, and it doesn't even have a catchy enough hook to stick in your head all day, like the oh-so aggravating Avril and Britney songs of the world.

And speaking of Avril and Britney, I'm sure we all hoped and prayed that they too would be one-hit wonders, but they're not, so I don't even know what to think anymore. But here's hoping we hear no more of: Ashlee Simpson; JoJo; Ryan Cabrera; Eamon (that's a safe bet, actually); and Hilary Duff's sister Hailey (why was a recording contract necessary for this girl??).

Old 09-21-2004, 12:07 PM   #17
Local Time: 01:34 AM
Originally posted by paxetaurora
Actually, I have heard FF's "Darts of Pleasure" on XM a lot lately...perhaps the next US single?
In the UK, Darts of Pleasure was their single before Take Me Out. It came out last summer as an EP. Who knows in the US though, it could be their next single here.

Muse did the same thing in the US, followed up Time is Running Out with Hysteria. It was the other way around in the UK.

Old 09-21-2004, 12:20 PM   #18
Local Time: 07:34 AM
First of all, I like your topic, secondly can I cross post this on a general music forum as I think that it would be a great topic of dicussion, I will give you credit of course.
my answer:

the 1985 song by the bowl of soup guys.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:59 PM   #19
Local Time: 06:34 PM
Wouldnt it be far to say that nearly any American/Australian Idol singers will be doomed to the one hit wonder category in time
Old 09-21-2004, 08:15 PM   #20
New Yorker
Local Time: 02:34 AM
Milkshake by Kelis.