the old purple tin ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocifer

Acrobat
I need your help, Zoonationals -

Now that audiogalaxy has been shot to hell, I am finding it difficult to find a place to download music (for free) that makes it simple and easy. What all do you guys/girls use? Thanks.

- The Zoocifer -

at the moment i'm using KaZaA (i donno why they write it like that, stupid if ya ask me...) i find it purty good! (+ you can dl vids too!:D)
i donno if its the best but i like it

I use Kazaa, it works good for me. I liked Audiogalaxy, but it was too slow at times, so i took it out and started using Kazaa which was faster in downloads for me. I'm sorry to see Audiogalaxy go...was good while it lasted

I tried KaZaA once but didn't like, plus I didn't want to register after 15 downloads...I'm paranoid about signing up to sites as I dont like what they can do with my details etc.
I found Winmx to be brilliant. I never really have a prob with queuing though. Even when I had dial up. I prefer it to Napster even.

Kazaa (I refuse to spell it in that stupid way) puts spyware on your computer -- AKA, it tracks what you do online. Programs other than Kazaa also put spyware on your computer. If anyone uses Kazaa and wants the spyware off their computer, just PM me and I can give you a link to a program that will get rid of it for you.

elevatedmole said:
Kazaa ... puts spyware on your computer -- AKA, it tracks what you do online.

which is exactly why i uninstalled it on my computer, before the spyware became active. i know these people have to make money off of this stuff somehow, but how they think they can go in and not only look at people's hard drive but also put stuff there and say it's okay because it's a free service is beyond me.

anyway, when i need mp3's, i try dal.net which i've found to be good. although i can't find rare U2 stuff there (like i was looking for the guilty mix of holy joe and it wasn't there) and newmedia doesn't work for me, so i just visit various interferencers mp3 and ftp sites and found it.

Back
Top Bottom