The OFFICIAL US Open + "Let's Go ANDRE" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i must say... this sharapova-golovin match has kept my interest.

probably because they're both smokin'

but kept my interest none the less

maria_sharapova_nude_navel.jpg
vs.
Golovin_02.jpg

best... tennis match... ever... :drool:

Last edited:
damn... I was so rooting for James Blake... and the whole Arthur Ashe stadium wass too...

but that damn Federer wins... again ¬¬

now... I'm going for that russian that got ride off that jackass Nadal :rockon:

why does everyone want Federer to lose? Don't you understand that you watching greatness when he plays?

Federe is such a machine. he saved like 9 set points last night against Blake. the guy has composure like no other ever. Todays match with Sharapova vs Mauresmo was weird. Sharapova killed her in the first set 6-0 and then lost the second set 4-6 only to win the third set 6-0. That's messed up. I can't stand Sharapova. I don't know what it is but she annoyes the hell out of me. from her stupid routine before serving to her overly loud grunting when she hits the ball to the stupid look on her face all match long to her uncoordinated fist pump. Plus she's WAY, WAY, WAY overaretd interms of how "pretty" she is. I don't like her at all. I hope Justine woops her in the final. The men's final will hopefully be Roddick vs Federer. I'm pulling for Federer now.

boosterjuice said:
why does everyone want Federer to lose? Don't you understand that you watching greatness when he plays?

Roger Federer is a great player, but it is BORING to watch the same person(or team in team sports) win everything there is to win with ease. I love COMPETETIVE tennis. I love matches where both players are level, and the play 3-4 hour, 5 set matches, where they're both soaked in sweat and physically worn out late in the match, where they both put everything they have on the court. I don't want to watch someone just dominate the hell out of everyone without breaking a sweat. The only exception is if that guy is my guy, and my guy is Agassi. Now that Agassi is retired, I don't know who my guy will be, but it won't be Federer. It would just be too easy to be a Federer fan.

Plus, I know I am in the minority, but I think Feder is JUST A TAD, JUST AN ITSY BIT, overrated. I say this primarily because he doesn't have a lot of competition. Outside of Roddick, Nadal, and Hewitt - none of whom have been consistant slam winners - who is there? I see no other Borg or McEnroe or Conners or Wilander or Sampras or Agassi in the current game. If he had played in the early 80s when Borg, McEnroe, and Conners were all in their prime, would he still be so dominant? What if he played in the mid 90s when Sampras and Agassi were in their prime? That's the only reason I say Federer is a little overrated.

Last edited:
namkcuR said:

Roger Federer is a great player, but it is BORING to watch the same person(or team in team sports) win everything there is to win with ease. I love COMPETETIVE tennis. I love matches where both players are level, and the play 3-4 hour, 5 set matches, where they're both soaked in sweat and physically worn out late in the match, where they both put everything they have on the court.

i like competetive tennis too, that's the main reason i don't want to watch Federer vs Roddick. I've never seen them play when it was truly competetive.

i don't know much about Youzhny, but i'd guess he'd make a more interesting final against Federer than Roddick.

Roddick wins it in 4.

So, we have the Federer/Roddick Final.

They've been in two Wimbledon Finals together, but they've never been in a U.S. Open Final together.

I'll be routing for Roddick.

I can't stand Sharapova. Boo Hiss that she won.:madspit:

As for the men's final tomorrow I think I'll be cheering for Federer. I dont knwo what it is but I find myself cheering for him. I thought I would pull for Blake but when he went up against Federer for some reason I found myself cheering for Federer. I also thought I was gonna cheer for Roddick but for some reason today i found myself pulling for Yuozhny(bad spelling?). I guess I'll have to wait and see where my "heart" takes me tomorrow:laugh: I have nothing against Federer and I have no problem with him winning everything. It's not often you get to watch possibly the most dominateing athlete in their respective sport that the world has ever seen. I like Federer.

I think he has a few big tournament wins and a few more years of career at this level before he can be called the greatest ever in tennis.

pepokiss said:
maybe a little late... but probably THE BEST article about Andre Agassi EVER... and sure, THE BEST I've ever read in my life

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/magazine/08/30/agassi0717/index.html

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO much for posting that link Pepokiss. I missed that SI edition. That was an amazing article. Great insight. If only Steffi hadn't said "No" way back in 1992 Andre would've been the all time Grand Slam champion. I'm gonna miss Agassi.

Oh and also great to see that U2 are his and Steffi's favorite:wink:

Well, I guess I'm happy that a Russian player won even though I'm not that big a fan of Sharapova.

And since Roger is my darling I'm happy to see him win... I just want the other guys make winning harder for him and beat him sometimes, :) I wish Safin got some consistency going; that match he won against Roger at the Oz Open a couple of years was fantastic, :drool:

Back
Top Bottom