The official Tim McCarverisms thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speedracer

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
"So you've got Pedro Martinez going against Brandon Arroyo in Game 2..."

"There's a Sox fan with a rally cap -- the pentacle of optimism."

Headache in a Suitcase said:
"i don't know why people second guess terry francona"

Well...that's not McCarver saying something really stupid.

Ok, it is. But it's really McCarver being arrogant and thinking he knows more about baseball than everyone else and thus arguing the opposite point of view no matter how ludicrous it is.

" I dye my hair w/ a combination of iced tea and shoe polish"

Btw, I heard the Fox reporter said something nasty to Stephen King, did anyone see what that was?

Fox news is horrible, and so is their sports coverage :down:

McCarver, Pat Sumerall, Scooter and Charlie Sheen were all seen drinking together at Faneuil hall over the weekend, that is until Bono told Scooter and Sheen they won't find answers in a bottle and he told Sumerall he won't find a new liver there either, which left McCarver to finish off the Metzcal and eat the worm.

steve burlein called the browns the cleveland broncos yesterday.

alright back on topic, mccarver is terrible.

I know you can't stand me Headache, but there's really no need to pick on everything I say, is there? OK, I was having fun in the Yankees thread..but I think you're geting a bit carried away :)

respect your elders :madspit:

I think Fox is horrible, and I hit the mute button because I think their announcers are terrible :shrug:

has nothing to do with you, and it really wasn't even to do with fox's sports coverage... i'm tired of people bitching about fox news. every single media outlet leans to the left... but that's ok. one station leans to the right, and they're doing satan's work.

but this is a conversation for FYM, and has no business in this forum.

Does anyone else wish they offered the games with NO ANNOUNCERS? I mean I love to hear the crowd and the crack of the bat and all that but those guys should just shut the hell up. They should be like the umps. If they are doing thier jobs--you don't even know they are there.

I've been trying to behave myself here, but I'm sorry folks, I just have to post the ultimate McCarver comment:

"You're a real man, Deion. You're a real man."
--said after Mr. Sanders dumped a barrel of ice over his head while T Mac was in his team's locker room.

drivemytrabant said:
Does anyone else wish they offered the games with NO ANNOUNCERS? I mean I love to hear the crowd and the crack of the bat and all that but those guys should just shut the hell up. They should be like the umps. If they are doing thier jobs--you don't even know they are there.

Mute the sound and turn on the radio.

speedracer said:

Mute the sound and turn on the radio.

Yeah the problem is I can't stand the ESPN guys either. Well at least that Miller guy. Morgan is ok I guess. Miller is always putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable. Like RuBIN Sierra or Christain GuzMAN. I'm just muting it most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom