The official "The new Facebook is scaring the hell out of me" thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sigh: i know

why is it that everyone BUT me liked facebook before, and now I'm the only one who does like it :lol:

The minifeed deal is lame, but people need to stop making such a big deal about it. You can delete anything in your feed. I've written on several walls today, joined a new group, and was appointed officer of another. No one knows it but me because I deleted every story in my feed.

It's not THAT big of a deal.

^It's like a sterile version of myspace for college students lol.

It's okay... I don't mind the minifeed much, but I may start doing what inmyplace does as well to be... not stalked. :wink:

:| :madspit:

But now my stalking is done for me. I don't even have to work for it. Even the stuff I DIDN'T want to know :yikes:

Facebook has all the people from high school I don't really want to keep in touch with.

Yeah finally people have stopped talking about it

It creeps me out when people in real life talk about facebook...like not on the computer like I'm doing right now...but when the big story of the day is OMG They changed facebook...makes me worry about some people

I deactivated my profile

I don't care if the revert back either, I've had enough with facebook anyways

So ... I'm the last person ever to sign up for Facebook?

I don't know what all this discussion is about, but I finally signed up tonight and am blown away by all the people I was friends with in high school and college I haven't talked to in years.

So far, I think it's pretty damn cool.

I fuckin' hate Facebook, but I've still got an account.

For now, that is. I hear they're going to put ads on the discussion walls and make 'em look like they're coming from friends. That happens, and I'm getting rid of it that very day.

It was great when only college students had access :up:

It's a "social networking site," whatever that means in plain English. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a great way for me to reach out to old friends I might not ever have found otherwise.

And my brother, who never communicates with anyone in the family.

This summer, I was working my usual walk through and lock buildings job. And I walked through a building and found someone's very nice/expensive phone.

My first thought was EBAY! But then I thought again and decided to look on it to find out who's it was.

I found a name of the owner, and I looked him up on the college website but...nothing there told me where he lived.

So I went to facebook. Not only did I find out his full name. I also found out what street he lived on, the cell phone number, his aim screenname, his home phone and address(ohio), his girlfriend's name(and yes, I did go on hers and could find her local address as well), and his plans for the night.

Best thing about it all was I found out on facebook he was trying to sell the cell phone I found that night. Weird. :tsk:

Got Philk? said:
So I went to facebook. Not only did I find out his full name. I also found out what street he lived on, the cell phone number, his aim screenname, his home phone and address(ohio), his girlfriend's name(and yes, I did go on hers and could find her local address as well), and his plans for the night.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, I don't understand why anyone would post their address and phone number on the web.

I thought you couldn't view the profile info unless they had you as a "friend," or is that not correct?

^ I think that's only if they didn't put themselves on the most stringent privacy setting, although, I don't know why anyone wouldn't.

And there's no way I'm putting my phone number and address anywhere on the Web. That's just dumb, imo.

Back
Top Bottom