The official "The new Facebook is scaring the hell out of me" thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eh its ok. I signed up the other day but I'm perfectly content enough with myspace. Found alot of old friends from high school on there.

I'm basically over it. It was interesting to see what old friends from school are up to 15yrs down the track....but now all it does is remind my why I'm not friends with them anymore.....and yeah, WTF is with putting addresses and phone numbers on there...DUH :tsk:

Myspace is such a piece of shit. 90% of people's Myspace pages have built a leak-proof case as to why everyone thinks they're good at graphic design, when in fact they know tits about it.

How do you people not have a seizure browsing that shit daily?

Sincerely,

758b109ab75dabdeed976dbbae80357b.gif

bluestartilewhitecj5.jpg
bluestartilewhitecj5.jpg

bonoaa1.jpg

:lol:

I was on MySpace for about a week before I realized how horrid it was.

Plus, some old guy hit on me and then got all snippy when I said I didn't want to chat. "Well, what are you doing on MySpace then?"

I ran out the door crying and took my profile with me. :sad:

:lol: I've never had so many freaks approach me for friendship, sex or to perve at naked women as I had while on myspace :yikes:

gluey said:
I'm basically over it. It was interesting to see what old friends from school are up to 15yrs down the track....but now all it does is remind my why I'm not friends with them anymore.....and yeah, WTF is with putting addresses and phone numbers on there...DUH :tsk:

I went to my class reunion (25th! :ohmy: ) a couple of years ago and within an hour or two figured out why I lost touch with everyone. No one's really horrible, but I have little in common with any of them.

I looked at Facebook and decided there is really nothing on there I want. Myspace at least has many of the bands I like and a few friends I kinda keep up with. I find putting up an age over 40 and displaying no pictures keeps the vast majority of creeps away at Myspace.

The full names, addresses, and phone numbers is kind of creepy to me too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I much prefer Facebook to Myspace. I had a Myspace for a couple months like a year ago, but I hated it. Facebook has worked out much better for me.

I deleted my Myspace profile...:D

Facebook is really great for organizing and getting the word out about events on college campuses, as well as networking with fellow students so if you miss a class you can get in touch with someone about it.

Myspace is for perverts and 14 year olds who say they're 21 :happy:

(obviously there are exceptions :wink: )

Canadiens1160 said:
Myspace is such a piece of shit. 90% of people's Myspace pages have built a leak-proof case as to why everyone thinks they're good at graphic design, when in fact they know tits about it.

How do you people not have a seizure browsing that shit daily?

Sincerely,

758b109ab75dabdeed976dbbae80357b.gif

:cute:

For real though :crack: I've had my computer lock up on me several times browsing peoples' profiles. It's ridiculous.

U2democrat said:
I deleted my Myspace profile...:D

Facebook is really great for organizing and getting the word out about events on college campuses, as well as networking with fellow students so if you miss a class you can get in touch with someone about it.

Myspace is for perverts and 14 year olds who say they're 21 :happy:

(obviously there are exceptions :wink: )

Agreed. I never had Myspace, but from what I've seen, I much prefer Facebook. It's much simpler (although that may change :grumpy: )

Although, I was very addicted at the beginning, getting in touch with old friends and such. Now, I'm just meh. I still check it at least once a day.

kafrun said:

:cute:

For real though :crack: I've had my computer lock up on me several times browsing peoples' profiles. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, that's been my biggest beef with myspace: the bullshit.

The only thing that pisses me off about Facebook is the applications like "Jetman" or "Zombies vs. Vampires." When someone invites me to those things (which happens about five times a day), I'm just like, "What the fuck, dude? I don't care."

Even if I lose interest after a little while, nothing will replace the sheer joy I felt this morning opening up my email and seeing

"Person A has sent you a message"
"Person B has added you as a friend"

... and so on for 10 other people I pinged last night. Just seeing their names in my inbox made me so happy - these were people I was close to in high school and college and just fell out of touch with.

I didn't find anyone listed in my high school network that I had no desire to talk to. Amazingly, the names I recognized were all people I was ecstatic to see.

It's just so cool.

Yeah, I mean, I have it in high school, where it's helpful for those few older friends I have. But I haven't even begun to reap the benefits. That will come once my high school class goes our separate ways. Then, I will truly appreciate it.

I think it helps that I've been out of high school for ... oh my god, 16 years now. there weren't very many people who'd indicated they were in my graduating class, so there were fewer people for me to say "ugh, I don't want to talk to THEM" about. :wink:

I get the impression that had I graduated 5 years ago, there would be more people from my class on Facebook - we old farts have a hard time getting on board with new-fangled technology sometimes. :wink:

I have learned to embrace facebook. It has become a valueable source for me and my classmates. It is nice to be able to set up a group solely dedicated to class related material and be able to post questions and such. Outside of the class related material, I find it better to keep up with friends at least I do not have to worry about my account being hacked on facebook as I have to on myspace, at least not yet.

Back
Top Bottom