The official Super 12 thread. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2005, 12:18 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:29 AM

Old 05-07-2005, 12:27 AM   #17
Vocal parasite

Now I'm off to watch Canterbury versus Otago.

Who are you going for, Timothius? I know you naturally hate Canterbury, but an Otago victory may just ruin Auckland's hopes of making the semis.

Personally? I'm behind Otago. Though I did pick Canterbury in Virtual Super 12.

On a side note, I see NSW beat Queensland for the first time ever. I was hoping for an upset ... I hate seeing the Waratahs well and truly #1.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2005, 02:07 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Wellington Beat Aucks for the first time ever as well. So I happily sit behind our 9-1 record against you guys.

Aucks mathamatically are already out I read... so Otago... just because I hate Canterbury.

If Aucks can't make the semis... damn NZ have some strong teams...

The other positive for me though is NSW are sitting top. So I may get to see the semi/final.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:47 AM   #19
Vocal parasite

Results from tonight:

Canterbury 27-13 Otago
ACT 28-28 Waikato

I think Waikato deserved to win. There was an appallingly high tackle on a Waikato player as he went to score the winning try in the last ten minutes and it should've been a penalty try or AT LEAST a yellow card. But, then again, Waikato missed two crucial penalties. With that draw, the Brumbies are out of contention.

Here's how it looks now for fourth place.

3. Wellington - 34
4. Otago - 27
5. Auckland - 26
6. Bulls - 25

Wellington are safe. They're now into the semis. The Bulls have two games in hand - and the bad news is that they are both against South African teams at the bottom of the ladder. They play the Sharks this week in Durban, then return home to play the Stormers in Pretoria. BUT if the Bulls lose just one of those games, Auckland or Otago could sneak into the semis. Auckland have to beat the Waratahs - which I just don't see happening. Otago play the Chiefs in Hamilton and I can see a Highlanders victory there. Also, Wellington have a tough ask: if they beat Canterbury next week and get a bonus point while denying Canterbury one, I think they can just get a home semi. Not seeing it, though. My final four prediction:

1. Waratahs
2. Canterbury
3. Wellington
4. Otago

In which case, I would be praying that NSW lose to Otago so that Wellington, upon beating Canterbury, get a home final and win the Super 12. Ha, I'll keep dreaming.

I hate to say it, but I can see this being the year of either the Waratahs or Canterbury.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2005, 05:09 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

*prays for Auckland*

I just can't back a winner these weekend.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #21
Vocal parasite

I've got bad news - the Bulls won 23-17 after the Sharks led 17-10 at half time.

Here's how things look at the moment for the semis:

1. Waratahs - 40
2. Canterbury - 39
3. Wellington - 34
4. Bulls - 29
5. Otago - 27
6. Auckland - 26

If the Bulls beat the Stormers, they're into the semis. If they lose, Otago just need to beat Waikato if they're in. Auckland can make it as long as both the Bulls and Otago lose, and they beat the Waratahs.

I really hope the Stormers can pull off a nice win and put a third Kiwi team into the semis (because I'm confident Otago will beat Waikato).

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #22
Vocal parasite

In latest news, the Stormers came back from 13-0 down at half time to beat the Cats 25-20. Now all they have to do is beat the Bulls next week and the Highlanders will make the semis when they defeat Waikato!

Come on Stormers!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #23
The Fly

Local Time: 02:29 PM
Well I went down to the 'house of pain' and got rained on by beer cans, I was holding a Crusaders flag surrounded by Otago fans, all my mates are Otago supporters too. So naturally got rained on by beer .

So I predicted our win
Old 05-13-2005, 01:19 PM   #24
Vocal parasite

Oh, bloody hell. Wellington lost 40-20 to Canterbury, with the scoreline not reflective of how close the game really was (at least in the first half), giving Canterbury a bonus point for four tries, and then the Waratahs failed to get a bonus in their win over Auckland so Canterbury finish #1 thanks to points differential.

Wellington now have to make the trek to Sydney for the semi next week.

Oh hell.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2005, 03:59 PM   #25
Vocal parasite

What a weekend of results! The Bulls demolished the Stormers 75-15 ( ) and MOVED INTO THIRD PLACE ON POINTS DIFFERENTIAL. The final four:

1. Canterbury
2. NSW
3. Bulls
4. Wellington

The semis:
Canterbury versus Wellington in Christchurch
NSW versus Bulls in Sydney

I was starting to just faintly think Wellington would beat NSW (as NSW struggled to overcome a depleted Auckland), but against Canterbury? Even with Smith, Umaga, Collins, Hore, Nonu, and such playing a full game, I don't think we can do it.

But at least we made the semis.

Final: Canterbury versus NSW in Christchurch, with victory to Canterbury.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-15-2005, 09:16 PM   #26
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:29 PM
Hey Axver:

Got everything right except the final. Waratahs will win.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:36 PM   #27
The Fly

Local Time: 02:29 PM
well ... hehehe... he did get everything right ...... any of you guys coming to Christchurch for the final, I'd be surprised if the Bulls beat NSW.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:44 PM   #28
Vocal parasite

There's no way in the world that NSW will win this thing. They seem to have slipped off, especially with the way they barely won against a weak Auckland.

I'm still hoping we'll be seeing the Hurricanes in the final! But my realistic prediction is that Canterbury and NSW will both win their semis by 1-12.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #29
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:29 PM
Waratahs df Bulls 23-13
Crusaders df Hurricanes 47-7

So it's Waratahs v Crusaders final.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:43 AM   #30
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 09:29 PM
Can I say.

Union > League(spit).