The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaz02

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I expect my team newcastle to end up in the top 10 , im thinking 8th.

I expect chelsea to win it with united 2nd , liverpool 3rd and arsenal 4th.

Spurs will come 5th with everton 6th.

Fulham , shefield utd and watford for the drop.

IF manchester city wanna stay up next season they must cement there place this year.

Cant wait till saturday :drool:

Liverpool v S utd ( 4-0 pool )

united, unless they do something more in the transfer period, will not finish top four.

and they're my favourite team in the epl.

my predictions.

1. chelsea (by a country mile)
2. liverpool
3. arsenal (but only if they don't lose more players, particularly a. cole and whatshisface who wants to go back to spain and 7oin real)
4. tottenham
5. manyoo

i really think liverpool's gonna do well this year, but noone's coming close to chelsea.

I'm going for either Chelsea or Arsenal to take it this year.

Not that it matters, but can't wait to see a Lehmann v. Ballack standoff (if he manages to stay injury-free this season).

Unbelievable, the f.a. in their infinite wisdom have enforced the 3 match ban on Rooney, Scholesy fair enough, but Rooney's incident was never a straight red, once again those bumbling old dinosaurs who supposedly "run" the game in this country have proved beyond all doubt they're not fit to organise a knockabout for schoolkids, let alone handle the professional game, can't help thinking there's a touch of some petty vendetta going on here, after Roo's red in the world cup, cynical, moi, never.
Now thats off my chest, Prem. top 10 to finish something like this,

1. Chelsea, realistically to have it wrapped up by late Feb. early March, mathematically by Easter
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. United
5. Spurs
6. Villa, expect O'Neill to win some silverware too.
7. Newcastle
8. Blackburn
9. West Ham
10.Portsmouth

i was just complaining to someone, that liverpool want to stop dicking about with the other cups and knuckle down and take out the premier league. it's the only one they haven't won in recent years. not going to happen, given their inability to keep winning for long enough locally.
:sigh:

One thing is for sure, my boys are going to struggle. Sam said he would get six players in before the World Cup started. New recruits as of today total three! Jay-Jay gone, N'Gotty gone, Jaidi Gone, Fadiga gone, Nakata gone, Borgetti going for sure. Why sell before you buy? Christian Vieri is currently un-attached, so I'd love to see him at the Reebok on Saturday.

Can't complain though, there have only been five teams to finish in the top half of the table for the previous three seasons. The obvious four and... Bolton!

1. Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal
5. Man Utd

11. Bolton

18. Wigan <-- (Bubble burst at end of last season)
19. Sheff Utd
20. Watford

Man City and Fulham to just avoid relegation on last day.

Players to watch:- Rossi at United, that Samaras fella at City, Kitson at Reading and King at Watford. Interesting to see how Gonzalez does at Liverpool. never even heard of him before the Haifa match.

apprently Big Same wants anelka or 5 mill

LOL

great player and always scores but for the amount of trouble he will cause 5 mill is a scandal.

If Newcastle (my team) buy properly in the striker department, they could do well. But its getting VERY late for them to do anything now and I dont see how a new striker is going to gel well into the team at such a late time. Regardless, I'd still like to see Kuyt in the team by the weekend!

I can see Liverpool having a great season and of course Chelski. The era of domination from Man Utd and the Arse could now be over...

1. Chelski
2. Liverpool
3. Arse
4. Man Utd
5. Toon (oh yeh!)
6. Tottenham
7. Blackburn
8. Villa
9. Pompy
10. Bolton

Another thing...

I see rumours today linking Hargreaves with Man Utd. I find this strange as they have just gone and spent a fortune on Carrick! Hargreaves, although versitile, has been excelling in the defensive midfield role which is where Carrick plays (I think!). Seems a strange move if it goes ahead, especially with their need for strikers at the moment.

bayern has made it clear he's not for sale, and you're right, it makes no sense for manyoo to have him at this point.

I think Liverpool could do exceptionally well this year if they get another striker, a genuinely good striker too. I'm not sure if Dirk Kuyt is of the quality to put in 20 goals in the Premiership. This remains to be seen however....

I think my team (Villa) will finish mid table. O Neill will get the best out the players we've got but our squad just isn't big enough to get into the european places.

Also i think Shevchenko will score goals left, right and centre. The guy is probably the best striker in the world and with great players around him he will easily get 20 goals.

Looks like newcastle have lost the race for kuyt :( .
Martins is still possible but considering whats been going on with him a deal looks impossible.

btw martins claimed to be 21 but apprently he is 5 years older than he says and newcastle are unwilling to pay 10 million for a 26 year old.

vaz02 said:
newcastle are unwilling to pay 10 million for a 26 year old.

Really? :eyebrow:

If that's true then that's ridiculous.

Real Madrid have just paid over 10 mil for Ruud and he's 30 now.

1stepcloser said:

Really? :eyebrow:

If that's true then that's ridiculous.

Real Madrid have just paid over 10 mil for Ruud and he's 30 now.

newcastle have a long history of paying big money for flops lol, i dont think fat fred or the board want another repeat performance and also real madrid have a lot more resources than newcastle.

Hey, anyone out there heard any more about Lucas Neill signing for Tottenham. I read it somewhere a few weeks ago, but have heard nothing more since. My huby is a tottenham supporter (I'm United all the way) but if aussie boy Niell was playing, I'd happily watch Tottenham games too!!

My predictions for EPL 2006/7

1. Chelsea (much as i hate it!!)
2.Liverpool
3. United
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham

vaz02 said:

newcastle have a long history of paying big money for flops lol, i dont think fat fred or the board want another repeat performance and also real madrid have a lot more resources than newcastle.

it's still stupid though if they're basing it on his age and he's 26 (if at all).

I think he's a good player and he'd be a good buy for them, he's certainly going to struggle to get a game at Inter with Adriano, Crespo and Ibrahimovic higher in the pecking order than him.

Newcastle are running out of time to buy a decent striker...

1stepcloser said:

it's still stupid though if they're basing it on his age and he's 26 (if at all).

I think he's a good player and he'd be a good buy for them, he's certainly going to struggle to get a game at Inter with Adriano, Crespo and Ibrahimovic higher in the pecking order than him.

Newcastle are running out of time to buy a decent striker...

apprently john collins from fulham is a target.

Collins john is a good young player but i think newcastle could really do with a proven goalscorer, although i haven't got a clue who that might be.

I think Liverpool could do well this season, they have an extremely strong midfield i think.

where did cisse go again? i mean, i know he's hurt and all, but i thought prior to the world cup he had been sent out...

is he on loan?

He's on loan at Marseille. Houllier signed him and i don't think Rafa ever warmed to him.

Good result for Villa today against Arsenal. We nearly won but they scored with about 10 minutes to go. i'm happy with 1-1.

Liverpool were awful today.

Ameobi will be the main man this season after today's results.
Reading did amazing and pompy look like they be pushing for europe this season, spurs did poor.

Arse fans rejoice, just heard alan hansen writing them off for the title this season, remember his famous line at the start of '95/'96 "you can't win anything with kids." Who won the double that season?

MACCA
PAUL McCARTHY, THE MAN THE PLAYERS READ
BY the time Manchester United eventually land Owen Hargreaves they will have spent more than £30million in trying to replace Roy Keane. Is there any United fan out there who actually believes Hargreaves and Michael Carrick actually come close to matching their former skipper?

I don't think so.

Not often I agree with this fella, but I think he's spot on with this statement.

so all of a sudden hargreaves is worth 30 million, when prior to the WC, he wasn't deemed good enough to be on the english side by most english media and fans?

that's messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom