The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1stepcloser said:

If carrick is worth 14m then i'm going to support scotland. He just does nothing of note everytime i watch him.

Coatia deserved to win.

Re. Carrick, couldn't agree more(not the support scotland bit), there's just nothing at all to his game.

Re. Croatia, again couldn't agree more, don't want to take anything away from their performance, but England were crap, but then again its becoming a regular occurance.

the rockin edge said:
what the fuck are england doing??? :angry:

croatia were the better team no question, but what the hell is Robinson doing?

David James anyone? :wink:

Well, at least a bunch of Colombian drug lords didn't have a large sum of money wagered on the score (as far as we know).

clearly beckham was exactly what was wrong with this team. :rolleyes:

england's midfielding options against croatia were WEAK at best with all those injuries, and mac still will have no piece of becks.

what a loser.

will someone explain to me how lampard stays on this team after shitting the bed at the WC while beckham gets dropped after being pretty much the only decent midfielder (aside from hargreaves)?

It does seem as though Lampard reserves all his crap performances for England, but I think its harsh to single him out, the whole team seem incapable of even making the most simple of passes to each other, theirs absolutely no creativity or imagination in the team, & I think McLaren is way out of his depth, he didn't exactly set the premiership alight with 'Boro, & unless England are playing teams one rung of the ladder above pub sides you just can't see them breaking well organised sides down, so as you say 1Step, at least we can look forward to the premiership for a good few months now, without England depressing us all the more.

Not many people entered, but just take a look at the fantasy football league for interferencers,

Standings Member List
Rank Team Points
1 notonepennyglazer 491.00
2 25-a-side 424.00
3 Sparta Chorley 309.50
4 YourSkipperTerry 260.50

Am I good, or what!

Unfortunately, in the fans of Man Utd league, I'm languishing in 5,388th place, 244pts. behind the leader, funny old game, innit!

jimmmm said:
It does seem as though Lampard reserves all his crap performances for England, but I think its harsh to single him out, the whole team seem incapable of even making the most simple of passes to each other, theirs absolutely no creativity or imagination in the team, & I think McLaren is way out of his depth, he didn't exactly set the premiership alight with 'Boro, & unless England are playing teams one rung of the ladder above pub sides you just can't see them breaking well organised sides down, so as you say 1Step, at least we can look forward to the premiership for a good few months now, without England depressing us all the more.

I think you're right about McLaren - given his indifferent record with Boro I was suprised he got the job.

I don't understand why he felt the need to change the formation for the game against Croatia. Sure, we were missing Gerrard, but I would have personally have like to see Shaun Wright-Phillips replace him & be given a chance of a full game on the right, keeping the normal 4-4-2 formation.

I think we do need to have more flexibility with regards to formations the team can play, but the time to try those things out is in friendly games - not during qualifiers against decent opposition on the back of a crap result from the previous game.

I would also like to see Lampard dropped to the bench (and any other player not in form for that matter) just to remind them that their place in the squad isn't guaranteed.

On the plus side though - we can't possibly play any worse in the remaining games....can we? :huh: :happy:

jimmmm said:
Not many people entered, but just take a look at the fantasy football league for interferencers,

Standings Member List
Rank Team Points
1 notonepennyglazer 491.00
2 25-a-side 424.00
3 Sparta Chorley 309.50
4 YourSkipperTerry 260.50

Am I good, or what!

which fantasy game is that? I'm playing yahoo....

UKTan said:

On the plus side though - we can't possibly play any worse in the remaining games....can we? :huh: :happy:

i hope not. England just do not have a creative playmaker type. a player in the mould of ronaldinho or zidane or totti, that kind of player that can be given a free role to create as he pleases, not since gazza anyway. With all our players fit england will always be up there with the best teams but i think we could do with a real string-puller to be the a trophy winning team. And a bit of cohesion too. That always helps. Tell that to Steve Mclaren.

Another long-range goal by Leighton Baines.

I remember he whacked one from 30 yards out at Portman Road on the boxing day fixture of Wigan's promotion season. We eventually won that game 2-1, mind, not that it did us any good at the end of the season!

1stepcloser said:
C'mon wigan! [/QUOTE

Ole Solskjaer, that man is such a star, never spits his dummy out when left on the bench, would play any position at all, and always, always comes up with the goods, definetly one of THE all time Old Trafford legends.

I know Martin O'Neill is very clever and astute at working tactics and picking a team and all the rest but i can't believe he continues to let Juan Pablo Angel take penalties. The guy has missed 5 of his last 6!

We haven't had a decent penalty taker since Dion Dublin left :mad:

Apparently he's got a fractured skull, he's a big loss for chelsea, but as you say Yertle, its not exactly how we'd like to see chelsea come unstuck.

Abramovich could lose half his fortune, according to TNOTW(admittedly not the most reliable source), apparently he's been playing away with some young floozie, & his missus, understandably, isn't best pleased, Oh dear Roman, hell hath no fury, & all that, hope she's a United fan.

Oh me lads, you should have seen em runnin,
Ask em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are comin,
All the lads and lasses with smiles upon their faces,
Walkin down the Manny Road..... TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!!!

Beltin result!

Liverpools title challenge could be over this sunday. Benitez is a good manager but to not have a consistent line up for 98 matches in a row is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom