The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result for newcastle tonight , 2-1 with Martins get the 2 goals.

Bring on United

Pavel Srnicek has been signed by newcastle to cover for steve harper while shay given is out.

Loved pavel back in the days , he was just a figure for newcastle.

Another outbreak of mass hysteria on merseydive, footballer bares his bottom, scousers fall over themselves to complain to the police, next they'll be claiming compensation for the stress caused by the sight of Joey Bartons arse, is life really that sad on merseydive the locals have got nothing better to do than continually complain to the police, couple of seasons ago, just after United scored the winner in a 4-3 thriller the police recieved "dozens" of complaints about United players celebrating over enthusiastically in front of them, Jesus, get a life you bunch of whinging, sad, a%^&holes.

Btw, 1step, thats a cracking result, not only for Villa, but hopefully other teams in the Prem can follow suit and give Chelsea a bit of a game at the Bridge.

jimmmm said:
Btw, 1step, thats a cracking result, not only for Villa, but hopefully other teams in the Prem can follow suit and give Chelsea a bit of a game at the Bridge.

Cheers. Makalele should have been sent off at the end but that was never going to happen under Jose's law at the Bridge was it. Most teams who go to Stamford bridge just seem to bend over and take it from Chelsea cos they have such little belief they'll win or get anything (esp going 1-0 down in the first 3 mins!). Admittedly we hung on for most of the second half but that's because we don't have enough class to attack them and go at them for a whole game. Maybe next season we'll have some better players who can really take the game to them.

One quick note about newcastle, i just don't understand why in 10 years they haven't done anything of note about their defence? They've always had great attacking player but each manager who comes in seems like he couldn't care less about the defence and this season it's becoming more obvious than ever. In 10 years the only notable good defensive buy i can remember them making is Jonathan Woodgate and they sold him after a year. Vaz, mr Roeder needs to sort it out at the back!

Thoughts from this weekends football:

Van Persie's goal - Belter!
Joey Barton's antics- Stupid and funny at the same time!
That Zokora fella at Spurs - Tut tut...
Gary Speed - Probably fitter than an average 21 year old.

Newcastle's UEFA cup group has already been dubbed the group of death :(

Fenerbahce
Palermo
Frankfurt
Celta Vigo
Fenerbahce
Newcastle

Anyone wanna swap lol.

In other news Manchester City will host the UEFA cup final in 2008

In other news Manchester City will host the UEFA cup final in 2008 [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, thats amazing, just think, in a little over 18 months, a trophy will be paraded round the bitters stadium, shame it won't be the "massive" ciddy, who'll be showing it off though.

I'll admit I was wrong about my perception of you being an arrogant tosser after our run-in in the World Cup thread though. You actually seem like a pretty good chap, so I'll apologise for all that.

Won't stop taking the mick out of United though.

The day that Old Trafford turns into a burger joint I hope you stop going.

I stopped going to Old Trafford the day gl%$£r tookover, & I won't set foot inside it again until he's gone, the biggest shame about the whole situation, is the last match I went to was just 2 days before he tookover, & we got absolutely walloped by Chelsea.

BTW, OT, a burger joint, doubt that, but then again, when, not if its sold, just depends on which multi national buys it, wouldn't seem right going to watch UNITED at the coca cola stadium, or worse still the macdonalds stadium, but it will happen, & sooner than most people think.

A tale of 2 Americans. Malcolm Glazer is hated by the United contingent yet Randy Lerner here at Villa is absolutely worshipped.

Football's a funny old game, as they say.

the difference is finances, or at least the perception that glazer will gut manyoo for his own profit taking.

Yeh man united are the biggest club in the world, they don't need glazer and he see's it as a pure business based aquisition. He just hasn't brought anything extra to the club that they didnt have already. i can see why a lot of united fans are pissed off about the takeover.

Yet Lerner at Villa has taken over from an unpopular chairman, put his own money in and genuinely has real feelings for the club and has ambition to boot as well. he wants to increase the ground size, give o'neill plenty of cash in january to spend and improve the traing facilities. He seemed the real deal when the TV camera's showed him in the crowd in our away tie at Scunthorpe in the carling cup.

He's cleary a man of integrity who loves the game which makes me worried for West Ham with all these shady guys from the middle east who want to to take over them purely because of the real estate opportunity around upton park and not because of the football.

1stepcloser said:
Yeh man united are the biggest club in the world, they don't need glazer and he see's it as a pure business based aquisition. He just hasn't brought anything extra to the club that they didnt have already. i can see why a lot of united fans are pissed off about the takeover.

Just wish more United fans had seen it that way in the months leading upto his takeover, 1step, who knows if enough of us had bought shares we could have prevented it, but then as now, far too many United fans where in the wait & see camp, heads in the sand, & the minute he tookover United were saddled with debts the like of which no other football club could ever dream of. Chances of clearing them, without selling major assets, most notably Old Trafford, virtually zilch.
But whilst organisations like IMUSA, & M.U.S.T. are around there remains hope that one day, hopefully in the not too distant future, the club could still end up in the hands of the fans, where it, & all football clubs truly belong!
Until that day I'll keep the Red Flag flying... from a distance.

England were poor
Wales were very poor
and Ireland were dismal.

Scotland ... were .... lucky ....

Gratz Scotland:wink:

jimmmm said:

Just wish more United fans had seen it that way in the months leading upto his takeover, 1step, who knows if enough of us had bought shares we could have prevented it, but then as now, far too many United fans where in the wait & see camp, heads in the sand, & the minute he tookover United were saddled with debts the like of which no other football club could ever dream of. Chances of clearing them, without selling major assets, most notably Old Trafford, virtually zilch.
But whilst organisations like IMUSA, & M.U.S.T. are around there remains hope that one day, hopefully in the not too distant future, the club could still end up in the hands of the fans, where it, & all football clubs truly belong!
Until that day I'll keep the Red Flag flying... from a distance.

Yeah it's clear that he's unpopular and that a club of that stature should not be in the hands of somebody who simply doesn't like football enough to justify him being there but it's a bit much i think to boycott going to Old Trafford completely. At the end of the day it's still manchester united and no one person is ever bigger than the club itself. I despised Doug Ellis but i still went down to Villa Park whenever i could in the last couple of seasons (although that isn't easy as i'm at uni lol).

Each to their own, I & over 6,000 others who have been to support FC UNITED since glazer tookover think its the best way, & also, don't believe too much about Old Traffords new record attendances, I know for certain several matches last season didn't reach capacity of 68,000, thousands of tickets had to be given away to local schools, & other outlets, glazer couldn't have empty seats at OT in his first year in charge now could he. Even though I and several thousand other ex members cancelled our subscription most of us recieved e-mails asking if we would like to purchase season tickets for this season, in the pre glazer days there was a waiting list as long as your arm to get them.
If, & I know its a big if, glazer could be forced out through more & more fans boycotting the club, merchandise, & matches, yes it would mean a brief spell of turmoil, maybe even a Leeds United scenario, but believe me, to lifelong REDS it would be worth it, glazer bought the body but he'll never own the soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom