The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferdinand: I was a fool
By Chris Stanton - Created on 18 Sep 2006

Rio Ferdinand has admitted he was a 'fool' to miss the drugs test which ultimately cost the England international an eight-month suspension from the game.

Nothing like stating the obvious is there.

1stepcloser said:
did fletcher start yesterday?

That guy just isn't man united class, he'd probably be good for a team middlesbrough or tottenham. Not Man United though.

dont worry fletcher be retired before he's 30 or maybe veen before that. He isnt the healthiest player in the world.

Ive met this player loads of times, he used to live near my old school and was educated there while he was with the united youth team.

Oh crap, I'm scared!

I think he will go after this. Things have been uncomfortable for him at the Reebok since the beggining of this year. This will be the final straw and he will jump before he is pushed.

Although transfer bungs are not right, every other manager in football seems to take them, so I'm not going to condemn him too much. He is still a legend to me.

You think you get a fine and points deduction too ?

Sam will neevr work in this business again. I hate him now.

vaz02 said:
You think you get a fine and points deduction too ?

Sam will neevr work in this business again. I hate him now.

Hold on a minute, has anyone actually been found guilty of anything at the moment, I don't think so.
Big Sam, & Kevin Bond have both instructed their lawyers, & are threatening to sue the programme makers, so before we judge them lets see if the programme makers have any concrete evidence to back up their allegations in court.

david o'leary got fined last year for tapping up james beattie. can't remember how much he got fined though.

Big Sam is in right trouble now, although they didn't actually catch him on camera agreeing to anything.

Almost a day since the program was aired and since I made the above post, I have had time to think about things further.

What scrap of proof within that program linking Bolton or even Sam Allardyce with wrong-doings? The only party who have landed themselves in it are the agents by admitting they offer club officials money and also touting that Boro lad to other clubs.

I'm not saying that Sam is innocent, but I also strongly doubt that there aren't at least ten other managers in the Premiership who are involved in bungs.

Why beep out the names of other managers and clubs apart from those of Bolton and Pompey? Probably because the Beeb do not want to upset the big boys, as usual. Hence pick on the smaller clubs.

As for the stuff they had on Redknapp, that was just laughable. What on earth did the man do wrong other than say that he'd like Andy Todd at Pompey? Please don't tell me thats illegal. The BBC were desperate to uncover dirt on someone, anyone and for anything, and this Redknapp clip showed how desperate they were.

The whole documentary was a witch-hunt against Bolton and to a lesser extent Harry Redknapp. A total mudslinging operation. Unfortunetly I believe that so much was thrown towards Bolton in the form of lies and pure speculation, that this mud will stick even if Sam Allardyce and Bolton are cleared.

I wouldn't be suprised if The Beeb did this just to capitalise on the pathetic Anti-Allardyce campaign that has appeared this past twelve months within English football. But that is a different debate that I won't go into on this thread.

Shody journalism and a complete waste of the licence fee. I hope the Beeb lose out massively when Sam no doubt gets his lawyers onto them.

How ironic that Pompey v Bolton is being played on Monday. Hopefully both sets of fans will unite in a rendition of "You can shove your panorama up your arse." Or perhaps a ritual burning of their TV licences before the game. Right now I'm looking at train fares to get down to Portsmouth on Monday, just so I can show my support for Sam and the club

jimmmm said:

Hold on a minute, has anyone actually been found guilty of anything at the moment, I don't think so.
Big Sam, & Kevin Bond have both instructed their lawyers, & are threatening to sue the programme makers, so before we judge them lets see if the programme makers have any concrete evidence to back up their allegations in court.

Evidence or no evidence Craig looked quite comfortable with the situation.

I'm also pointing and laughing at middlesborough, fulham and man city for getting knocked out of the carling cup and the hands of some small rubbish teams :wink:

Craig Allardyce has about as much to do with Bolton Wanderers as I have.

Granted Big Sam's not my favourite person in the world after his unreserved gloating about them staying up instead of us but quite honestly he's got every right to sue the pants of the BBC on this one.

Why Sue the BBC ? its our money he be getting.

About the league cup, it means much more to the small teams than the prem teams really.
However i would of thought that might of been boro's and city's only chance for silverware this season.

vaz02 said:
Why Sue the BBC ? its our money he be getting.

Why not, they're the station that broadcast the show, and based on what I've seen of the programme, bear in mind I'm no legal expert, but i would imagine top class lawyers would be rubbing their hands in glee at defending the "accused" and easily winning any potential court case.

I take Ormy28's point about the show only targeting Bolton & Pompey, & not daring to tread on the toes of the big clubs, having read some reports on some transfer deals involving MUFC in the not too distant past I can't believe the beeb didn't mention them.

Suprise result for shitty city tonight and what a amazing result for reading.

Newcastle v everton tommoz - expect goals

Draw for the Carling Cup third round
Wycombe v Doncaster
Sheffield United v Birmingham
Leicester v Aston Villa
Watford v Hull
Leeds v Southend
Chesterfield v West Ham
Notts County v Southampton
Newcastle v Portsmouth
Charlton v Bolton
Liverpool v Reading
West Brom v Arsenal
Port Vale v Norwich
Everton v Luton
MK Dons v Tottenham
Crewe v Manchester United
Blackburn v Chelsea

Ties to be played the week commencing 23 October

Some interesting ties there, 1Step, how about MoN returning to Leicester, Blackburn-Chelsea looks quite tasty also, possible shocks at Chesterfield, MK Dons, & Crewe, I'm going for an Everton-Villa final in this competition.

its an interesting tie for us and for MoN. Although i would approach it with some trepidation as Leicester were always our bogey team when they were in the prem. we always found it hard to beat them and i don't know why. One time about 10 years ago we were cruising 4-1 up and they came back to make it 4-4!

I think chesterfield could produce the shock of the round.

1-1

great game , shame about the result.

Martins seemed great infront of the goal but had no one really to lay it infront of.

The Sun ratings this morning in the sport section gave Martins 3 out of 10 because his composure in front of goal was so bad...

1stepcloser said:
The Sun ratings this morning in the sport section gave Martins 3 out of 10 because his composure in front of goal was so bad...

He was a bit unlucky but Howard was on top of his game.

1stepcloser said:

What did Titus get?

I dont understand why they are still sticking with him.

Tight-arse bramble has never really reached expectations. People still seem to think he's not developed yet or he's too young but he's been in the prem for 7 + years now.

Newcastle have always had problems at the back and i think getting rid of titus will be the 1st step to resolving the problem.

He's having a shocker of a season....

looking a the way things have shaped up so far, its looking like a similar story to the last 2 seasons. Chelsea steamrolling everyone with only a couple of slip ups here and there... United/Arsenal/Liverpool capable of going on a run but not able to sustain it in order to launch a serious title bid....

There...i said it... now i hope i have jinxed Chelsea and we see a different champ this year.:wink:

GO MAN UTD!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone noticed on the Zoo TV DVD, painted on the side of one of the Trabants is "Old Trafford?" Wonder why that is? Any United fans in the band? Please say there isn't!

Can be seen clearly during Daddy's Gonna Pay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom