The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurrah I love cup weekend.

Anyway, here are my predictions.

Barnet 0-0 Colchester
Birmingham 1-2 Newcastle
Blackpool 2-0 Aldershot
Bristol City 0-2 Coventry
Chelsea 4-1 Macclesfield
Chester 1-2 Ipswich
Crystal Palace 3-1 Swindon
Derby 2-0 Wrexham
Doncaster 1-3 Bolton
Hull 1-3 Middlesbrough
Leicester 2-1 Fulham
Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal
Nottm Forest 1-0 Charlton
Peterborough 1-0 Plymouth
Portsmouth 1-1 Wigan
Preston 3-1 Sunderland
QPR 1-1 Luton
Reading 2-0 Burnley
Sheff Utd 2-0 Swansea
Southend 0-1 Barnsley
Tamworth 6-1 Norwich
Torquay 0-2 Southampton
Watford 1-0 Stockport
West Brom 3-0 Leeds
West Ham 3-0 Brighton
Wolves 1-0 Oldham
Cardiff 0-1 Tottenham
Everton 2-0 Blackburn
Man Utd 3-1 Aston Villa
Sheff Wed 1-3 Man City

Hmm ok. Not many away wins. All depends on how seriously the managers take the Cup. I don't think it's on Dennis Wise's list of priorities so I expect Leeds to lose and he'll get on trying to save them from relegation. Likewise Pardew at Charlton. They're playing teams in good form (although there's the whole form goes out the window thing) too. United will beat Villa, as they always do. Liverpool-Arsenal will be a draw and have to go to a reply, which means by that time people will be sick of watching the 2 play. Cardiff can't buy a goal so don't expect them to score. As for Ipswich we'll take the lead, Chester will equalise and then we'll hit back and hold on nervily like we usually do. We will then draw a middling Championship team in the 4th round (more than likely QPR or something) and lose that one. Oh yeah, and Tamworth have a bloke called Steve Burton on the books, who used to play for the ITFC youth system. He shall get a hat-trick today, Delia will look absolutely disgusted, and a managerial dream team of Bryan Hamilton and Nigel Worthington will be brought in in place of Peter 'I'm Zep's manager' Grant, where the first thing he will do is release Rob Earnshaw and announce the revival of the Sutton-Fleck partnership, effectively dooming the Budgies to a life in League One.

13:45, I've just tuned in to Match Of The Day, Yertle, you're 6-1 Tamworth prediction is looking a little optimistic to say the least, 0-3 as I'm posting!

1910 Newcastle United 1:2 Barnsley 1:0
1924 Newcastle United 2 Aston Villa 0
1932 Newcastle United 2 Arsenal 1
1951 Newcastle United 2 Blackpool 0
1952 Newcastle United 1 Arsenal 0
1955 Newcastle United 3 Manchester City 1

jimmmm said:
FA Cup predictions anyone?

Barnet 1 Colchester 2 - p-p
Birmingham 2 Newcastle 0 - 2-2
Blackpool 3 Aldershot 1 - 4-2
Bristol City 2 Coventry 1 - 3-3
Chelsea 5 Macclesfield 1 - 6-1
Chester 1 Ipswich 1 - 0-0
Crystal Palace 1 Swindon 1 - 2-1
Derby 3 Wrexham 1 - 3-1
Doncaster 1 Bolton 3 - 0-4
Hull 1 Middlesbrough 1 - 1-1
Leicester 1 Fulham 0 - 2-2
Liverpool 2 Arsenal 1
Nottm Forest 2 Charlton 2 -2-0
Peterborough 1 Plymouth 2 - 1-1
Portsmouth 2 Wigan 0 - 2-1
Preston 2 Sunderland 0 - 1-0
QPR 2 Luton 1 - 2-2
Reading 3 Burnley 2
Sheff Utd 2 Swansea1 - 0-3 OOPS!
Southend 2 Barnsley 1 - 1-1
Tamworth 0 Norwich 2 - 1-4 Nevermind Yertle!
Torquay 0 Southampton 3 - 0-2
Watford 2 Stockport 0 - 4-1
West Brom 3 Leeds 0 - 3-0
West Ham 3 Brighton 1 - 3-1
Wolves 2 Oldham 1 - 2-2
SUNDAY GAMES
Cardiff 1 Tottenham 1
Everton 2 Blackburn 0
Man Utd 2 Aston Villa 1
Sheff Wed 2 Man City 1

No shocks there then!:wink:

13 right so far, not too bad, just wish the one's I'd put on at the bookies would f&*^ing come up trumps now & again!

Looks like Jimmmm got his prediction right. jammy bastard.

goalkeeping blunder in the 90th minute :mad: :mad: :mad:

We fought so valiatly as well, especially in the second half, the 2 centre backs (both under the age of 22) played so well and get nothing to show for it.

As Alan Shearer said, villa deserved at least a draw.

That's football for you :(

To tell the truth, united probably would have won the replay match anyway but it's so frustrating to lose a match in that fashion. If we'd played that match under o'leary then after the larsson goal it would have been game over, probably the finished 3 or 4 nil. But to come back like we did and then lose the game to a goalkeeping howler is such a sickener.

Can't wait for Sorensen to come back :wink:

Actually, I can foresee Villa being a pretty strong side in the vein of the old Leicester City side under O'Neill within the next few seasons. Cup runs and Europe and so on.

Once all the deadwood is cleared out (Baros for example, although I know he scored yesterday, and Mark Delaney, although I have every sympathy for him) and the new players are brought in, either bought or from the academy, Villa could be quite the force to be reckoned with.

yeah i hope so. with the staggering incompetence of o'leary and ellis now gone hopefully we can press on and get back to where we belong. It is quite frustrating to see teams like portsmouth and bolton above us especially when there's people i know who watched us win the european cup those years ago, hopefully days that resemble something like that will return (heaven knows what it must be like for a Forest fan!). Although the current hegemony that Chelsea and man United have on the premiership is quite worrying and it does make you wonder if a team like villa or spurs or newcastle will ever be able to break into that level of play again.

anyone else think bolton will knock arsenal out of the fa cup again? [/B]

If it was Reebok, yes.

Emirates... No.

Although I do hope that Fabre-girl and Van Persie get their little twinkle toes stood on. Tarts.

the MLS is a pathetic soccer league. i can't even force myself to watch an entire game, i think i did once, never again :no: i think i heard someone say once it's similar in quality to the A-League (australia) but without the passionate fans.:|

I wasn't as annoyed at that result as i thought i'd be. Main reason being i know that birmingham hve no chance of winning the FA Cup with the likes of arsenal and man united still in it. And my Blues supporting cousin said to me that the last thing they want is a cup run because it's more matches in an already quite long Championship season (46 games?) and they want promotion asap.

(I still would have liked to have seen the score the other way round though :wink: )

the rockin edge said:
the MLS is a pathetic soccer league. i can't even force myself to watch an entire game, i think i did once, never again :no: i think i heard someone say once it's similar in quality to the A-League (australia) but without the passionate fans.:|
I think my friend put it best when he said, "The MLS is a great retirement league for those who don't have what it takes to play in Europe anymore, but don't want to hang up the cleats."

SHOCKING NEWS, Arseole Whinger praises MAN UNITED;

WENGER BACKS UNITED

By Ed Friday 19th January 2007

There's a first time for everything.

Wenger on United's title chances

He said: “United are very strong. After two years in England where Chelsea have dominated it seems that they can take them on this time to win the Premier League again.
“They have a very complete squad and, right now, they are the team to beat.
“They have gained solidity and consistency and they are scoring lots of goals with ease.”

High praise indeed from the Pizza Chucker, or is it just kidology ahead of Sunday's match.

I think Arsenal vs man united will end up as a draw. about 3 weeks ago i would have said united would probably have come away with the 3 points but now with Theirry Henry back firing on all cylinders i don't think it will be as straight forward.

1-1 i say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom