The Official Premiership Thread 06/07 - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2006, 12:15 PM   #226
Refugee

Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by 1stepcloser [/i
Sadly i think at some point soon he will eventually take over at United as much as it pains me to say. Villa are a big club and he could go on to do great things with us but United are a massive club and a manager with the talent he has deserves to manage a massive club. I'm not sure if he's signed this supposed 6 year deal with us yet but if he does then it will take a lot of money to buy him out of it. [/B]
I'm not so sure he'd rush at the chance to manage United, as I said previously, whoever takes over when SAF decides to leave, IMO at least, is on a hiding to nothing, whereas at Villa, MO'N is in a position to build something, especially if Lerner provides him with funds, I think that prospect alone would be enough to keep him at Villa.The chance to take them back to the top is something I'm sure is one of the main reasons he took the job in the first place.
Recent history isn't great, but Villa are definetly one of Englands biggest teams, with such a rich tradition, & if O'Niell can bring back the glory days, I don't think it would be too long before Lerner would have to invest in either a new stadium, or increase the capacity at Villa, I remember their first game back in the top flight back in the mid-seventies well over 50,000 attended, think they got beat by Leeds, if memory serves me well, but with a little success Villa could easily command those sort of attendances again.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #227
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
Well it's not like United are absolute angels in the stands either.

Jens Lehmann recently got taunted about being a Nazi and gassing Jews and doing odd things to the corpses.

Every support, as Irvine Welsh once put it, has its arseholes.

Although to be fair more of them seem to congregate around Leeds United. Or Millwall.
Yeah, United have their share of knobheads in the stands, I'm not doubting those chants were sung, but I never heard them, either in the past when I've been to an arse-UNITED game, or on telly, so I would imagine its only by a few dickheads who probably know little or nothing of Uniteds history, let alone football in general, I have heard the Wenger-paedophile chant, that is horrible, no excusing that. But the point I was making about Leeds fans is virtually the whole ground joyously chant Munich songs, arms held out, childishly mimicking planes, old or young, male, or female they all join in, plus, I once made the mistake, many years ago of attending a leeds-UNITED match at helland rd, Jesus, anything in Red was game for a good hiding, I actually saw a middle aged woman take a punch in the face by a chimp in a leeds shirt, I was luckily on my coach at the time, but its a regular event in that shithole for United fans, men, women, & children, it doesn't matter to those OIKS, if their MUFC hit them.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #228
Refugee

Just been over to the RED ISSUE website, seems Wigan supremo isn't a big fan of sven "the STUD" eriksson, read on,

Meanwhile Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has blamed Sven Goran Eriksson for Rooney's poor form. From the Sun:
“That manager we had absolutely killed him. You just hope his enthusiasm hasn’t been killed by that idiot.
“I watched the Portugal game in the World Cup and felt so sorry for him. That bugger played him up front on his own and he so wanted to do well but was desperate.
“He was fighting like hell for the ball but they had two men on him and that was it, game over.

“Then he got sent off but that was because he was fighting and running so much.
“Rooney was pulling his guts out for England but the previous manager killed him stone dead. I just felt so very sorry for him.”

I suppose eriksson wouldn't be in the running for the managers job at Wigan, if they ever decide to part company with Mr.Jewell, then.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #229
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm

I'm not so sure he'd rush at the chance to manage United, as I said previously, whoever takes over when SAF decides to leave, IMO at least, is on a hiding to nothing, whereas at Villa, MO'N is in a position to build something, especially if Lerner provides him with funds, I think that prospect alone would be enough to keep him at Villa.The chance to take them back to the top is something I'm sure is one of the main reasons he took the job in the first place.
Recent history isn't great, but Villa are definetly one of Englands biggest teams, with such a rich tradition, & if O'Niell can bring back the glory days, I don't think it would be too long before Lerner would have to invest in either a new stadium, or increase the capacity at Villa, I remember their first game back in the top flight back in the mid-seventies well over 50,000 attended, think they got beat by Leeds, if memory serves me well, but with a little success Villa could easily command those sort of attendances again.
Well the capacity at Villa Park is 42,000 but Lerner wants to fill in the corners so that would take it up to 55,000 i think. If anyone can bring back the glory days it is O'Neill but i have a feeling that he'll go to a truly big club in the future some time even if he does build a legacy at Villa. He's 54 now and not getting any younger. He even said this summer that he would have taken the England managers job had the bufoons at the FA offered it him. Englands loss, villa's gain i say to that. I'm not complaining obviously but to not even offer the job to the most talented manager in Britain is something i still can't get my head round.

Anyway, if Villa aren't in the Champions League in 3-5 seasons then i don't think we'll ever be in it and the monopoly of the 'big four' will continue.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #230
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm

I suppose eriksson wouldn't be in the running for the managers job at Wigan, if they ever decide to part company with Mr.Jewell, then.
I doubt he would be in the running for it. I still blame him for what happened at the World Cup. Some of my mates blame the players but i put it down to him. Only taking four strikers to the world cup. Playing a small, deep lying striker like rooney on his own up front. No thanks, Sven.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #231
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

England need a performance tonight but the result comes 1st, Rooney needs to start playing too.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #232
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Croatia 2 - 0 England

Old 10-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #233
The Fly

Total crap. Hardly a ball played forward all night. Why play a new formation away against one of the best teams in the group? Totally lacked any creativity or imagination.

Getting very fed up of this type of England performance now.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:23 PM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:33 PM
3-5-2?

Who in God's name is managing this team? Mickey Mouse?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #235
War Child

Ale Ale!!!!
We outplayed England tonight in every aspect!!! It should have been more than 2-0 for us...
man is this a sweeet night
Old 10-11-2006, 04:50 PM   #236
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Bring back sven ...... He sucked but at least we got the results.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

Tonight was shocking. And as for Robbo's gaff......
Old 10-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #238
ONE
love, blood, life

lol @ you guys wanting Sven back now after hating him for years.

did i mention that denmark won 4-0 tonight?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #239
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747
Tonight was shocking. And as for Robbo's gaff......
Wasnt his fault really , bad tuf/bounce.

Without Paul tonight the result would of been a lot worse. Lets not make paul a scapegoat for another terrible england display.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #240
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Just a dreadful performance. Especially from the midfield.

It seems lampard cant play unless he has makalele behind him. and he has a "law of averages" kind of attitude to shooting, if he hits a certain amount of crap shots, at least one will go in.

If carrick is worth 14m then i'm going to support scotland. He just does nothing of note everytime i watch him.

Coatia deserved to win.