The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the gunners won in old trafford earlier in the year, so stranger things have happened...

West Ham are strange. It's funny though as because even though dislike the club, i actually quite liked Alan Pardew, he was the only part of that club that i didn't mind.

I expect Curbishley will do well for them. He's got that Martin O'Neill-esque ability to get players to play above their usual level. Look at where Charlton are now.

Mind you, i still expect Tevez and mascherano to leave in January.

champions league draw:

Porto v Chelsea
Celtic v AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven v Arsenal
Lille v Man Utd
Roma v Lyon
Barcelona v Liverpool
Real Madrid v Bayern Munich
Inter Milan v Valencia

Real Madrid/Munich looks like the pick of the games, barca/liverpool could be interesting too

good draw for Utd :dancing:

ive got a strange feeling liverpool might just beat barcelona. Barca are a great team but with Samuel Eto'o out for a few more months they might lack that killer instinct.

Bolton Wanderers FC. The worst football team i've ever seen grace villa park. the most undeserved win i've ever seen too. Only managed one shot on target all game, (bar the penalty) endless fouling. My god they play ugly football. Jaaskelienan (sp?) however is great keeper. Truly underrated.

I think yesterdays results will be the turning point in the '06/'07 season, Chelsea will really turn on the power now, & United will be left in their slipstream.Bummer!!!

Nice to see Michael Carrick justifying his price tag.

thats better, I'll have to keep my medication closer to hand in future.

1stepcloser said:
Bolton Wanderers FC. The worst football team i've ever seen grace villa park. the most undeserved win i've ever seen too. Only managed one shot on target all game, (bar the penalty) endless fouling. My god they play ugly football. Jaaskelienan (sp?) however is great keeper. Truly underrated.

Ah, you must be joking. We fully deserved that win!

:wink:

ormy28 said:

Ah, you must be joking. We fully deserved that win!

:wink:

lol. Fair enough, big sam had a gameplan and it worked. Annoying when you pay nearly 25 quid to go to a game just to watch that. Then again it was never going to be a classic was it.

As for us, i've never seen a team so desperate for a great striker who can finish chances off. We haven't had one of them since good old dwight yorke. And then those bastards in red took him away from us...:madspit:

ah that's better. Nothing like having a good moan :wink:

Rank Team Points
1 notonepennyglazer 1,190.50
2 25-a-side 1,180.50
3 Sparta Chorley 862.00
4 YourSkipperTerry 825.00

Its getting too close. Crikey I had a bad week this week, I'm now down to 31,468th place overall. My aim is to get into the top 10,000 by the end of the season!

1stepcloser said:

lol. Fair enough, big sam had a gameplan and it worked. Annoying when you pay nearly 25 quid to go to a game just to watch that. Then again it was never going to be a classic was it.

Thing is, they all even themselves up during the course of the season. I'm sure Villa will play someone away this season (maybe Bolton?!), get battered but nick a goal and claim an undeserved win. We played both Charlton and Everton at their places, played better and lost, so Saturday was the start of things levelling out for us.

And I'm sure they will level out for Villa

CHELSEA 'WIN THE TITLE'

By Ed Tuesday 19th December 2006

Ever so modest Didier Drogba claims it is over.

"That was the game that won us the title. It was the best goal I’ve ever scored.

"The way we went about scoring those goals show we believe in our destiny.

"I know we have shown we have what it takes to be champions again and I think Manchester United know it too.

"United must have been thinking at one time on Sunday that the gap was going to be eight points but now it’s only two."

I think even the most avid ABU would be quite happy to see the "special one" & his team fall flat on their faces this season, but the unfortunate thing is they probably won't.

HARGREAVES FREE TO MOVE TO UNITED?

By Ed Tuesday 19th December 2006

Bayern hint that a deal could now be done.

General manager Uli Hoeness says he will now listen to offers.

"If ever we thought we had found a replacement for Owen, who cost less than we’d get for him, we might be prepared to think about it.

"We face Real Madrid in the Champions League so we’re not about to weaken our team.

"We’re not a bank, we’re a football club. Our top priority is to strengthen the team so what use to me is another £30million in the bank?

"We want to do well in Europe and the Bundesliga and we need Hargreaves for that."

If they want a replacement, hell, we'll chuck in Carrick for nothing!

jimmmm said:

I think even the most avid ABU would be quite happy to see the "special one" & his team fall flat on their faces this season, but the unfortunate thing is they probably won't.

I would much rather see Man United win the title this year, such is my dislike for Chelsea. I mean, they spend 400m on players and they still play such ugly football, they're an embarrassment to the league. Also United have been playing some nice football, they're a good team to watch, which is why i didn't really complain when arsenal won the title a couple of years ago, they played some truly breathtaking football. And i won't complain if United win it, 'cos i've enjoyed watching them play this year too. However i am worried about Man U's strength in depth, they seriously need to make a couple of signings this January or else i fear it will be another title for all those plastic fans on the Kings Road.

Although all my anti-Chelseaness goes out of the window when Fergies men travel to Villa Park this saturday :wink:

UNITED TO CLOSE IN ON KLOSE?
By Ed Wednesday 20th December 2006

More on the story reported yesterday
The Indie:
Bayern Munich have insisted that [Owen] Hargreaves will not be sold next month, while hinting that things could change in the summer, but Sir Alex has also been linked with the Germany striker Miroslav Klose. Leading scorer in the World Cup during the summer with five goals, Klose - who was born in Poland - is expected to leave Werder Bremen at the end of the season, and Juventus are also taking an interest in his plans for the future.
Although the 28-year-old's contract runs until 2008, he has expressed a desire to play in the Premiership. He was bought by Bremen from Kaiserslautern two years ago for a fee of around £3.5m - but would cost around double that amount should he leave. He is the joint top scorer in the Bundesliga this season, with 10 goals.

It would seem the press are cranking up the transfer merry go roundearly, not much happening in football at the moment to report on, so lets make up as much bullshit as we can.

Any other teams been linked with anyone? How about Villa 1step, is Lerner going to give MO'N any money for players?

Well, i'd like us to be able to sign Milner in the transfer window because we desperately need a right winger. We've been playing Agbonlahgor on the right for most of the season and although he's young, enthusiatic and very very quick, he's just not a right winger. He's a striker but can also play wing forward. We need someone who can provide good crosses and take people on, Milner is perfect for that but i don't think Newcastle will sell.

We also need a striker, i've watched us quite a few times this season and it's painfully obvious we need a decent striker. We've ben linked with Robbie Keane a few times this season, he'd be excellent. A strikr who can tuck away chances is so important in this league, we could be so much higher in this league if we had one of them but we don't. I alo assume Baros will leave us next month, he'll probably go to Germany i think.

Read in the paper yesterday that Bolton want to sign David Beckham. No offence to Bolton but how on earth will they be able to afford his wages??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom