The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and I think we've been in Europe more recently than some of the current Premiership sides. Spurs, for instance, before this season! :p

But no it's easier when you don't have local roots but Ipswich play good football, by all accounts don't have a hooligan set, it's nice to be different, etc etc. Am I less of a fan than the Portman Road season ticket holder? Probably. But I still love the club.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Yeah and I think we've been in Europe more recently than some of the current Premiership sides. Spurs, for instance, before this season! :p

But no it's easier when you don't have local roots but Ipswich play good football, by all accounts don't have a hooligan set, it's nice to be different, etc etc. Am I less of a fan than the Portman Road season ticket holder? Probably. But I still love the club.

:up:

Celtic beating man united eh. who'd have thought it. Nakamura's free kick was unstoppable though, probably the best i've seen this season.

Saha will be getting the hairdryer treatment tonight...

1stepcloser said:
Celtic beating man united eh. who'd have thought it. Nakamura's free kick was unstoppable though, probably the best i've seen this season.

Saha will be getting the hairdryer treatment tonight...

yeah nice free kick, a shame it wasn't a foul by vidic in the first place.:down: and except for that celtic never looked like scoring. i thought 0-0 would've suited the game.

Saha needs to make amends on Sunday:wink:

United need to sign another striker in January, Richardson was their only attacking player on the bench against Celtic :|

and he's crap.

the rockin edge said:

yeah nice free kick, a shame it wasn't a foul by vidic in the first place.:down: and except for that celtic never looked like scoring. i thought 0-0 would've suited the game.

Saha needs to make amends on Sunday:wink:

United had most of the possession but did bloody little with it, they do need another striker.

But anyway, using one one of the headlines, Utd were Naka-ed....:wink:

From the BBC;

Man Utd capture Larsson on loan
Larsson will make his Premiership bow at 35
Manchester United will sign veteran striker Henrik Larsson on a three-month loan deal in January.
The 35-year-old former Celtic striker will leave current club Helsingborg on 1 January and will return on 12 March in time for the Swedish season.
Larsson said: "United have been after me before, after the first or second season with Celtic.
"It feels good to come and play for such a big club. I may not start every match, but it feels like a fun thing."
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is short of options up front, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer injured and Alan Smith still seeking full fitness.

Standings Member List
Rank Team Points
1 notonepennyglazer 977.50
2 25-a-side 959.00
3 YourSkipperTerry 678.50
4 Sparta Chorley 669.50

The gap is closing RockinEdge.

jimmmm said:
From the BBC;

Man Utd capture Larsson on loan
Larsson will make his Premiership bow at 35
Manchester United will sign veteran striker Henrik Larsson on a three-month loan deal in January.
The 35-year-old former Celtic striker will leave current club Helsingborg on 1 January and will return on 12 March in time for the Swedish season.
Larsson said: "United have been after me before, after the first or second season with Celtic.
"It feels good to come and play for such a big club. I may not start every match, but it feels like a fun thing."
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is short of options up front, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer injured and Alan Smith still seeking full fitness.

This is good news! As evident by who we subbed in against Chelsea.

Mind you I understand that O'Shea and Fletcher were brought in mostly to for defensive purposes. But adding Larsson, perhaps Utd. can send in players to take the lead, not so much hold a draw.

By the way, I'm fairly new to this whole Premier league so, does anyone know a good website to keep up with what's going on? It's not on the news here in Michigan(not a lot of games on the television either). Thanks
philk

soccernet's alright, but i always check out football365.com first.

it's pretty much all english/epl content with what i perceive as a significant pro manyoo bias.

still pretty entertaining site.

Standings Member List
Rank Team Points
1 notonepennyglazer 1,042.00
2 25-a-side 999.50
3 Sparta Chorley 717.50
4 YourSkipperTerry 699.00

Still got tomorrows match to take into account, with Vassell, & Dunne in my team, & good weekend for NOTONEPENNY! also in the overall rankings I jumped a MASSIVE 3,150 places, but still languish in 22,688th place, still where there's hope.....

football365.com and skysports.com/football do the business for me.

can't believe villa have been drawn away at man united, absolute joke. got drawn away at chelsea in the league cup and now this.

ah well. we can play for a draw and then spank them at villa park :wink:

1stepcloser said:
football365.com and skysports.com/football do the business for me.

can't believe villa have been drawn away at man united, absolute joke. got drawn away at chelsea in the league cup and now this.

ah well. we can play for a draw and then spank them at villa park :wink:

good luck with that... :wink:

MU have been better on the road this year than at home.

though to be fair, they haven't played any of the top teams away yet. stamford, emirates, and so on, await.

their second half schedule is tough, and that's what mourinho is banking on in order to get chelsea in top spot...

Funnily enough i seem to remember us being comfortably 2-0 up against united in an FA cup tie a few yars ago before a certain dutchman came off the bench and turned the game on its head :mad:

That's when my hatred for all things man united was at its peak. That died down though with the promotion of birmingham city to the prem and Mr Abramovic's taking over at Chelsea.

I wonder how arsenal will get on without Henry for 6 weeks...

that's a good question. they did fine without him last weekend though...

i think arsene's a good coach, though of course i don't know what he's like in person, i can't see him and henry really getting into any sort of fight.

they've both denied it too...

honestly, you don't have to cheer for arsenal, but i can't see why anyone would go out of their way to cheer against them, not like manchester or chelsea...

does anyone know why chelski didn't play this weekend? :scratch:

Got Philk? said:
By the way, I'm fairly new to this whole Premier league so, does anyone know a good website to keep up with what's going on? It's not on the news here in Michigan(not a lot of games on the television either). Thanks
philk

i mainly just check the beeb.

i have also downloaded full length video torrents of every manchester united prem game this season from here. http://fbtz.com/forum :drool:

http://fbtz.com/forum

Amazing footy website. Even better before they banned the posting of links to download copyrighted footy DVD's! But still, you can get some classic footy clips from there.

By the way, heard today that Larsson will be on £135k a WEEK at United when he goes there. Disgusting.

manyoo will need larsson down the stretch, assuming of course they qualify for advancement in champions league this week.

...they've taken plenty long enough to do just that. :angry:

Fair play to Untied, played well. But hell could that Benfica team not handle a ball delivered high into their box. The first goal had three of their defenders on their arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom