The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
England squad:

Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Chris Kirkland (Wigan), Ben Foster (Man Utd); Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Everton), Micah Richards (Man City), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Ledley King (Tottenham), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Wes Brown (Man Utd), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea); Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Michael Carrick (Man Utd), Scott Parker (Newcastle), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough); Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Darren Bent (Charlton), Andrew Johnson (Everton).

Absolute joke. McLaren is a joke.

Considering the next game is a friendly you would have thought he would shuffle things round a bit after the awful performances against macedonia and croatia, but no.

Once again deadweights like Jenas and Downing get in whereas classy, hard working players like Gareth Barry and Nigel Reo-Coker who really deserve to be in because of their excellent form don't get a sniff. And god knows we could have done with a few Beckham crosses and free kicks against macedonia and croatia.

And another thing. What is the point in a 28 man squad??? Quite a few of the players in there won't sepnd one minute on the pitch. Other nations will pick a 20/21 man squad and most of them will get a run out.

Mclaren is f*cking clueless.

Indeed, what is Downing and Jenas doing in the squad. Downing cannot cross a ball, as he proved against Macedonia. And Jenas is one of football biggest mysteries.

Agreed on Barry and Reo-Coker, but would rather have Kevin Nolan in the squad and starting ahead of Lampard

Holland is a tough game but if he wants to play around this is his chance.

It's a friendly.

Pick a team from the Championship, I say. Hardworking pros.

Gary McSheffrey, Michael Chopra, even Freddy Eastwood. Curtis Davies.

Come on Steve, you know you want to.

2 amazing games today.

Liverpool have gotta stop the rot , they got pissed on today.

yertle-the-turtle said:
And the last Aston Villa player

Darius Vassell if I'm not wrong.

Yep i think it was Vassell. What a shit player he was. Only reason he kept getting in the team was cos of that great goal he scored on his debut.

Apparently there's 28 English players better than Gareth Barry at the moment according to that tosser steve mclaren :mad:

Oh well, at least he won't get injured on international duty :wink:

At least rooney scored tonight , i would of settle for a draw before the game started.

jimmmm said:

Nice one! Just got back from 11 day trip in sc%*land, & I see that post to remind me.

lol well according to my mate who supports man united, "we have bigger fish to fry". Which is fair enough i suppose. It was still a fucking funny result though :wink:

Why the %* in the word scotland? got anything against our neighbours north of the border?

the rockin edge said:
what a pathetic goal to give up late on. :| awful game overall :tsk:

nice to see Joe Cole back though :up:

Yeah it was a pretty dire game. Easy chances missed too. Gerrard should have had 2 and rooney should have scored another with that weak header.

At least richards did well. one for the future. The ineptitude of mclaren really shone through last night when the subs were made. I think SWP has played 28 minutes of Premiership football this season and kieran richardson will never ever start a premiership game ahead of a fit ryan giggs or ronaldo. There's so many other candidates worthy of wearing an england shirt than those 2.

i can't stand mclaren either.

his personal vendetas are lame beyond words. you cannot honestly tell me that swp, richardson, and especially carrick belong on this team ahead of beckham.

while sven may have been too loyal to some of the stars on the team, mclaren has definite flaws of his own.

and can anyone tell me what lampard's done for country since... oh i dunno, world cup qualifying? cause he hasn't really hasn't been noticeable at all.

No mate, I'm from Singapore. So technically I should support United or Liverpool. I follow the games on the Suffolk radio commentary online.

Sod that. It was the only good thing to happen yesterday. Fell sick, have a massive A-level today, but Danny f'n Haynes. Booya.

Haynes is only 18 isn't he? Looks like a good prospect on that evidence.

How come you support ipswich then if you're from Singapore? Surely not being from england leaves the trophy laden possibilities of glory supporting wide open...:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom