The Official Premiership Thread 06/07 - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #151
Refugee

Local Time: 09:42 PM
Ferdinand: I was a fool
By Chris Stanton - Created on 18 Sep 2006

Rio Ferdinand has admitted he was a 'fool' to miss the drugs test which ultimately cost the England international an eight-month suspension from the game.

Nothing like stating the obvious is there.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:48 AM   #152
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
did fletcher start yesterday?

That guy just isn't man united class, he'd probably be good for a team middlesbrough or tottenham. Not Man United though.
yes.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:41 PM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
did fletcher start yesterday?

That guy just isn't man united class, he'd probably be good for a team middlesbrough or tottenham. Not Man United though.
dont worry fletcher be retired before he's 30 or maybe veen before that. He isnt the healthiest player in the world.

Ive met this player loads of times, he used to live near my old school and was educated there while he was with the united youth team.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Big same out ? , he came out pretty bad on that thing tonight
Old 09-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #155
The Fly

Local Time: 10:42 PM
Oh crap, I'm scared!

I think he will go after this. Things have been uncomfortable for him at the Reebok since the beggining of this year. This will be the final straw and he will jump before he is pushed.

Although transfer bungs are not right, every other manager in football seems to take them, so I'm not going to condemn him too much. He is still a legend to me.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:42 AM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

You think you get a fine and points deduction too ?

Sam will neevr work in this business again. I hate him now.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #157
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
You think you get a fine and points deduction too ?

Sam will neevr work in this business again. I hate him now.
Hold on a minute, has anyone actually been found guilty of anything at the moment, I don't think so.
Big Sam, & Kevin Bond have both instructed their lawyers, & are threatening to sue the programme makers, so before we judge them lets see if the programme makers have any concrete evidence to back up their allegations in court.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie

david o'leary got fined last year for tapping up james beattie. can't remember how much he got fined though.

Big Sam is in right trouble now, although they didn't actually catch him on camera agreeing to anything.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #159
The Fly

Almost a day since the program was aired and since I made the above post, I have had time to think about things further.

What scrap of proof within that program linking Bolton or even Sam Allardyce with wrong-doings? The only party who have landed themselves in it are the agents by admitting they offer club officials money and also touting that Boro lad to other clubs.

I'm not saying that Sam is innocent, but I also strongly doubt that there aren't at least ten other managers in the Premiership who are involved in bungs.

Why beep out the names of other managers and clubs apart from those of Bolton and Pompey? Probably because the Beeb do not want to upset the big boys, as usual. Hence pick on the smaller clubs.

As for the stuff they had on Redknapp, that was just laughable. What on earth did the man do wrong other than say that he'd like Andy Todd at Pompey? Please don't tell me thats illegal. The BBC were desperate to uncover dirt on someone, anyone and for anything, and this Redknapp clip showed how desperate they were.

The whole documentary was a witch-hunt against Bolton and to a lesser extent Harry Redknapp. A total mudslinging operation. Unfortunetly I believe that so much was thrown towards Bolton in the form of lies and pure speculation, that this mud will stick even if Sam Allardyce and Bolton are cleared.

I wouldn't be suprised if The Beeb did this just to capitalise on the pathetic Anti-Allardyce campaign that has appeared this past twelve months within English football. But that is a different debate that I won't go into on this thread.

Shody journalism and a complete waste of the licence fee. I hope the Beeb lose out massively when Sam no doubt gets his lawyers onto them.

How ironic that Pompey v Bolton is being played on Monday. Hopefully both sets of fans will unite in a rendition of "You can shove your panorama up your arse." Or perhaps a ritual burning of their TV licences before the game. Right now I'm looking at train fares to get down to Portsmouth on Monday, just so I can show my support for Sam and the club
Old 09-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm

Hold on a minute, has anyone actually been found guilty of anything at the moment, I don't think so.
Big Sam, & Kevin Bond have both instructed their lawyers, & are threatening to sue the programme makers, so before we judge them lets see if the programme makers have any concrete evidence to back up their allegations in court.
Evidence or no evidence Craig looked quite comfortable with the situation.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Did Craig actually say that he would give his dad a slice of the bung that he got on camera?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:11 AM   #162
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm also pointing and laughing at middlesborough, fulham and man city for getting knocked out of the carling cup and the hands of some small rubbish teams
Old 09-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #163
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:42 AM
Craig Allardyce has about as much to do with Bolton Wanderers as I have.

Granted Big Sam's not my favourite person in the world after his unreserved gloating about them staying up instead of us but quite honestly he's got every right to sue the pants of the BBC on this one.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Why Sue the BBC ? its our money he be getting.

About the league cup, it means much more to the small teams than the prem teams really.
However i would of thought that might of been boro's and city's only chance for silverware this season.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:59 AM   #165
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
Why Sue the BBC ? its our money he be getting.
Why not, they're the station that broadcast the show, and based on what I've seen of the programme, bear in mind I'm no legal expert, but i would imagine top class lawyers would be rubbing their hands in glee at defending the "accused" and easily winning any potential court case.

I take Ormy28's point about the show only targeting Bolton & Pompey, & not daring to tread on the toes of the big clubs, having read some reports on some transfer deals involving MUFC in the not too distant past I can't believe the beeb didn't mention them.