The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KLEBERSON BLASTS FERGIE

By Editor Thursday 19th October 2006

“I am not Pele.”

From the Sun:
Kleberson says he was treated unfairly by United boss Ferguson and could never show his best form. But following his move to Besiktas in 2005, the midfielder says he has been given a new lease of life by former Fulham chief Jean Tigana.
Kleberson said:
“To play against an English team is a special incentive for me. I suffered a bad experience at Manchester United and these matches can help me show my quality.
“I left United a frustrated player. Ferguson always wanted more from me but I am Kleberson and not Pele. I have more direct contact with Tigana than I did with Ferguson.
“For me, my time in England has been forgotten.”

Yep, as it has by anyone unfortunate enough to have seen him play!

So much was pressure was on kleberson to perfom well in england.

vaz02 said:
So much was pressure was on kleberson to perfom well in england.

Pressure, funny word isn't it, to me pressure, especially if we're going to associate the word with football, would be more closely associated with managers and players of teams in the lower leagues, some of whom go weeks on end without pay, all of whom are paid in the hundreds, not thousands a week, most of whom will definetly have to find employment of some kind after their playing careers are finished, unlike the pampered, "over-worked" premiership superstars, kleberson just wasn't good enough, I saw him many times in the flesh, & at times it was embarrassing watching him struggle, so if I were him, I'd just thank my lucky stars I "earned" more money in my timo at OT than most of those lower league players will ever earn, & am still "earning" a kings randsom, in a profession that I'm really not that good at.

Standings Member List
Rank Team Points
1 notonepennyglazer 538.50
2 25-a-side 469.00
3 Sparta Chorley 331.00
4 YourSkipperTerry 306.50

Who's who on here, I'm, notonepennyglazer.

Ormy, do you know Paul Rathbone(Scouse) an old mate of mine, haven't seen or heard of him in years, used to live in Chorley.

jimmmm said:

Pressure, funny word isn't it, to me pressure, especially if we're going to associate the word with football, would be more closely associated with managers and players of teams in the lower leagues, some of whom go weeks on end without pay, all of whom are paid in the hundreds, not thousands a week, most of whom will definetly have to find employment of some kind after their playing careers are finished, unlike the pampered, "over-worked" premiership superstars, kleberson just wasn't good enough, I saw him many times in the flesh, & at times it was embarrassing watching him struggle, so if I were him, I'd just thank my lucky stars I "earned" more money in my timo at OT than most of those lower league players will ever earn, & am still "earning" a kings randsom, in a profession that I'm really not that good at.

In all fairness, obviously he was a ludicrously overpaid waste of money, but i certainly believe there was lots of pressure on him. The main reason being 3 short words - "World Cup Winner".

He wouldn't have had much pressure if Fergie had just plucked him from obscurity on the basis of a good scout report but if you're in a world cup winning squad, like he was in 2002 despite the fact he hardly played for them, then that tag becomes as much of a burden as it does a privilege.

And i don't think there is any finer example of this than Kleberson.

Just been looking on skysports website, couldn't believe they're running a poll, asking "Is it time West Ham sacked Pardew"
what a disgusting thing to do, I'm no fan of the hammers, & had a right good laugh at the Chesterfield result, but this is a mans livelyhood we're talking about here, & they're just casually asking should we see if we can get him the sack, what a bunch of wankers!

Draw for the Carling Cup fourth round:
Notts County v Wycombe
Tottenham v Port Vale
Birmingham v Liverpool
Chelsea v Aston Villa
Watford v Newcastle
Chesterfield v Charlton
Southend v Man Utd
Everton v Arsenal

Maybe my prediction after last rounds draw might not come up trumps, can't see Villa beating Chelsea, but you never know, after last nights performance I'm not going to tempt fate and say United have got an easy draw, Crewe were really unlucky, & I'd have had no complaints if they'd beat United.

To put it bluntly, this carling cup draw couldn't have dissapointed me any more. First Villa get the toughest possible game we could have asked for in a tournament that we had our highest chance of getting any silverware in. And secondly, if my (half) local team Leeds had got their act together the other night and had beaten Southend then i could have gone and watched them play Man United at Elland Road. That would have been a great atmosphere. Unfortunately they were awful on tuesday against Southend and deserved to get beaten :|

The bindippers are beginning to get edgy with Benitez, according to the mirror;

Benitez feeling the heat.

From the Mirror:

Rafa Benitez’s position at Liverpool is under pressure after a senior Anfield board member admitted the club is concerned about the direction the Spaniard is taking them.

With Liverpool already 11 points off the Premiership pace set by Manchester United and Chelsea, directors are already giving up hope of ending the championship drought that has already lasted 16 seasons.

And one influential figure on the six-man board revealed that Benitez's leadership of the team was being questioned.

“We have paid too many inflated prices and inflated wages for players who are not doing the job. When it comes to any manager, the view of the board has always been to let them get on with it. We do not believe in interfering.

“But the day will come when we may not be that way inclined any more. We have always been very respectful of any manager we appoint. The view has always been the same one, the right one - that the manager must stand or fall by his efforts.

“But one thing that we can't hide is that we have to be in the Champions League every season and if we do not qualify it will be a major problem.

“The budget we have set up is still in balance if we do not get into the Champions League. But if we are to make investment in the team we are talking about £20m of income we need to have every season.”

If results don't improve quickly he could be on his way, nice reward for The Champions League, & FA Cup success.

Party Boy said:
Yeah Chelsea away.. they could play their 3rd team and still put out 11 internationals.. I hate Chelski.

As for Leeds- Dennis Wise as new manager-- happy about that? How is Gary Kelly doing for you this season?

I think Dennis Wise could do a decent job to be honest. The Championship isn't known for its showboating football so i think possibly the best way for Leeds to gain promotion is to play ugly but effective football and i think thats what Dennis Wise wants to achieve.

Can't really comment on Kelly as i've hardly watched Leeds play. Leeds are my second team as i'm at Uni here so i like to see them win but Villa are my first love :drool:

Although when i watched Leeds play the other night they were all crap which prompted the supporters to start chanting "what the f*ck, what the f*ck, what the f*ck is going on?" and "you're not fit, you're not fit, you're not fit to wear the shirt". So i guess that kind of gives you some idea of they're playing at the moment.

and yes, i hate chelski too :mad:

Last edited:
Fucking newcastle 0-0 at home which Charlton Grrrrr.

Nice game for Rooney today.

Wow United were simply AWESOME! especially in the first half.
But I still feel United will struggle to keep up with Chelsea as the season goes on.... Chelsea play badly but still manage to carve out the victories... United are not as likely to win on their off days...

And btw what an awesome Milan derby... 4-3.. loads of excitement.... Stankovic is one of the hottest players in Europe at the moment...

I'm not complaining after a 5-0 win, mind, but I'm surprised the Luton players even managed to make it on the pitch after what happened to poor old Davis (best of luck to him).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom