The Official Post Your Christmas Presents Here Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We haven't opened many presents here yet, but one I opened this morning is an awesome t-shirt that I suspect I won't be wearing in public much here in Australia. :wink:

"I support two teams, the All Blacks and whoever is playing the Wallabies"

Best t-shirt slogan ever. :drool:

Axver said:
We haven't opened many presents here yet, but one I opened this morning is an awesome t-shirt that I suspect I won't be wearing in public much here in Australia. :wink:

:lmao: axver thats brilliant !

i got what i got myself - jt remastered lt edition box set .... preeety :drool: and enjoying it very much .

there may be a "special" present later tonight though ... the kind you cant open under the tree in front of the kids ... :shifty:

Last edited:
I don't celebrate Christmas but I will post all of my Hanukkah goodies.......

From the parents:
-fake Coach purse with a cute note from my mom about how she wishes she could afford to buy me the real one. I love the fake one so all is good!
-Fondant pearl maker. It's a tool used on wedding cakes. :drool: I already used it on a cake last week for school. It's the coolest tool ever!!!!! :love:
-Target gift card (already used it to buy Lord of the Rings #2 on dvd, a photo album, and a memory stick for my computer)

From the rest of the family:
-Coffee mug from Caribou
-White towels for school
-Pyrex glass mixing bowls
-2 Target gift cards
-$25.00 Michaels gift card (already used it to buy tools for school)
-$25.00 Macy's gift card
-$25.00 Apple gift card

From my friends:
-$25.00 gift card to Perkins. It's the only place open at midnight when I get out of school so I'm excited about a few free meals.
-$5.00 Brueggers gift card
-$5.00 Caribou coffee gift card
-$10.00 movie gift card
-Clash t shirt
-4 pack of Guinness pint glasses
-Inspired ornament from Hallmark. I told my friend it was ok to buy this for me since it doesn't really look like an ornament. I have it on my wall
-Lottery tickets
-Greece calendar
-5 pack of salsa. I LOVE salsa!!! :drool:
-Burt's Bees goodies---2 kinds of lip balm, cuticle cream, and soaps.
-Snoopy socks :cute:
-Rockaby Baby---lullaby renditons of U2. It was thoughtful of my friend to get me a U2 related item but I think I might exchange this at Best Buy for something else :uhoh:

It's weird this year now that I'm a full time student again and don't work in the corporate world anymore. I got a few cards and some candy from my managers at both stores I work at but that's all. I used to get pretty generous gift cards, wine, candy etc from my bosses and sales people at work. I got more than enough this year from all of my loved ones but somehow I feel like my pile of stuff was light this year. :der: I'd rather not be working in a creepy office so I'm quite alright with the missing gifts!

I have one present. I will open it tmw. This will be my least gifts received Christmas ever :D

I have spent the last two weeks sorting piles and bags of stuff for various area charities and people I know who need stuff.

I am pretty broke this year compared to almost every other Christmas.

I've had a fantastic year travel wise, and learned some things about letting my guard down. I don't like it, but I will continue to work on it.

In my basement found a manger set I bought a few yrs ago and never put out ( I haven't participated in the decoration side of Christmas the last few yrs) and it was missing the Angel Gabriel, however had a random miniature manger, Joseph and tiny baby Jesus from some other set I guess. They make me happy :)

Tonight I remembered to turn the radio on so I wasn't in a silent house (which doesn't bother me at all but I'm happy I got to listen to some great music).

I remembered to buy glasses cleaner the other day so I can stop having to trail across the building to steal my old boss's now that she has moved. I found it tonight and was actually thrilled (mascara+long eyelashes+glasses = bad).

I'm debating on buying myself a foo fighters ticket for a show in my town in march and I feel selfish, as I haven't really spent a whole lot of money on my family. That this is a dilemma is a gift for me as it means my head isn't up my ass like it is sometimes.

Great gifts :)

Last edited:
Simpsons movie, U2 calendar, JB Hi Fi vouchers :drool: JOX & SOX, etc

mysterious_jen said:

there may be a "special" present later tonight though ... the kind you cant open under the tree in front of the kids ... :shifty:

wild turkey??

I was spoiled this year. Definitely.

$125 cash ($75 of which is going towards the Wilco tickets I just bought)

A Nintendo Wii with...

Guitar Hero III
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Monkey Ball Blitz

Super Ultra Deluxe Joshua Tree reissue (which I might add deserves many a :heart: )

Package of briefs :wink:
Washington Redskins winter cap
This really great apple pie-scented candle

I...think that's it. :hmm:

JT super deluxe,

huuge box of Guerlian choclates,

address and note book,

mobile phone holder(slightly daggy),

book by unheard of author,

more chocolates,

fluffy daggy pen,

Australian version of Monopoly(to share)

We left the house with 3 enormous bags of gifts and came home with one tiny one:grumpy: Most of our friends/rellies have kids so we have to get 2, 3 or 4 presents for them and we get one shitty thing back:mad:
My family said they'd all put in to buy my brother-in-law a $90 DVD. Am still waiting for them to pay me for it. Sister and above mentioned brother-in-law's gift to us was Christmas lunch:eyebrow:

Next year they'll all get oxfam vouchers telling them their present is a donation to buy a goat or something. Stingy bastards.

I think I'll go and have a lie down now :rant:

LemonMelon said:

$125 cash ($75 of which is going towards the Wilco tickets I just bought)

You're a good man, Lemon Brown.

I got a lot of things I really love this year. I'm feeling very fortunate.

From the young lady I'm dating:
Autographed liner notes from Feist's The Reminder. My Feist obsession is no secret around here, so you can imagine how much I loved that.

From aunt, uncle, and grandmother:

$200 check
$80 in Visa Gift Cards

The greatest was from my dad though. I've been buying vinyl here and there without a record player for about a year and I recently went on a real buying spree. He gave me really great Sony turntable and the following albums on vinyl:

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band - Shaved Fish
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Thom Yorke - The Eraser
Wilco - A Ghost is Born
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle Vol. 1
The Beatles - Revolver

I'm listening to "Handshake Drugs" right now. It sound incredible.

Anyhow, really great Christmas. I don't know why we did gifts on Christmas Eve for the first time in family history, but oh well.

Axver said:

That's sounds remarkably similar to ours....just replace All Blacks with Chicago Bears and Wallabies with Green Bay Packers :giggle: :up:

(I'll try to post what I got later on today :wink: )

Oh, I forgot, I also got a pack of 20 CD-Rs, so I'm going on an indietastic downloading spree. :drool:

Lots of shirts (One which says Danger I am a brain eating Zombie. Please come closer very friendly :)

a small replica moon which lights up and has actually has all the phases.

A comforter

A book on how to make money off your work (photographs)

Planet Earth on HD-DVD

Video Game/Tech:
Xbox 360
- Halo 3
- Marvel Alliance / Forza (came with 360)
- new earbuds

CD/DVDs:
Psycho (Hitchcock)
Blade Runner: The Final Cut (2-disc)
Transformers
The Joshua Tree - 2-Disc Edition

Books/Apparel:
1984 by George Orwell
The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
Gates of Eden by Ethan Coen
"You Are Entering a World of Pain" - Big Lebowski T-shirt

I'm gonna try and hit Target tomorrow for The Office - Season 3 and a few others, but I got a good haul this year.

ok.. where did everyone get their u2 calendar since there was no official one for 08?

i want one...:D

What I got for xmas..

Canon Powershot SD950IS Digital Camera :D

Joshua Tree Remaster Limited Edtion Set

Bose Speaker System for the ipod

a super soft, hand crocheted scarf (made by my bosses wife)

a personalized starbucks gift card (I gotta post a pic of it here with my new camera)

a bestbuy gift card

- Digital Video Camera
- Numbers: Season Two
- Deodorant
- Scissors
- 5 Camera Tapes

$325 in cash

$120 in gift cards for Barnes and Noble

Sicko DVD

A coat (I had picked this out earlier this year)

A scarf to go with new coat

2 sweaters, one red and one grey

A silver ring that is designed to look like a blade of grass

An aquamarine ring

Tiny gold stud earrings

Bruce Srpingsteen's Greetings from Asbury Park

An air freshener for my car

A very good bottle of wine

Money - which will all go towards paying some of my fees for January.
Various goodies from L'Occitane en Provence.
More smelly stuff from Next.
Charles Worthington hair kit.
Monopoly express.
Purple slippers.
Ruby Dixie necklace. :heart:
Silver necklace.
CD.

A new Sony digital camera

"The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" cartoon dvd

"Sex and The City" 3rd season (Received 2 of these so one will be come season 4 :wink: )

3 ornaments with my sweetie and I's name on them for the year 2007

Inspi(red) ornament

Powe(red) t-shirt

(RED) candle

A little bird with a special message inside :)

Wild Honeysuckle body cream

U2 t-shirt with the JT album cover on it. Have to wait for it to arrive though :grumpy:

A really nice sweatshirt

$25 gift card to Chili's restuarant

Scratchoff lottery tickets

Very pretty pink fleece jacket

This weekend I will get more gifts when I go to MN! :hyper:

Little Peanut received a Chicago Bears jersey from his daddy :rolleyes:

Oh and while I may not have received the JT limited edition my sweetie did so we will be sharing that gift :wink:

What I got is not important, however my brother got a Wii, and we are both Wii Golfing the fuck out. We're fucking rocking the hell out of this thing.

Best boring suburban Christmas visit to the family ever. Thanks, Nintendo! :up:

Back
Top Bottom